Hi,
    I am with Rogers, but traveling in Bulgaria. I received a voice mail message, but can't get into my mailbox from here to clear it. I have the notification in the hub, and when ever im in the hub now the screen appears to refresh every 3 seconds and the phones starts to run hot and the battery is drained within an hour or so. To stop it from doing it I have to restart the phone. As soon as I go back into the hub to check an email the cycle starts again. Anyone have any ideas how to stop the phones checking for voicemail? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 02:17 PM
    Sounds like something isn't right here - but it isn't your voicemail. They are never "checked" for.

Voicemail notifications are delivered to your device by silent text messages. The network basically sends a "voicemail=1" text message to your handset and it processes it. You device doesn't go and search out the network for messages or call home to check, per se.
    06-21-13 11:07 PM
    Sounds like something isn't right here - but it isn't your voicemail. They are never "checked" for.

Voicemail notifications are delivered to your device by silent text messages. The network basically sends a "voicemail=1" text message to your handset and it processes it. You device doesn't go and search out the network for messages or call home to check, per se.
    Thanks for the reply, that would make sense, I also had an issue with an SMS that was sent to me while in transit that kept coming in every 3 to 4 hours for close to a week.
    I talked to our admits and had voice mail turned off for the time being and had that annoying SMS clear on the carrier end. I still have to restart after going into the hub. I get the voice mail notification, phone runs hot and dies after maybe an hour. I guess I am stuck with it until I get back, just not ideal being in a foreign country and this crap happening.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 03:23 PM