I find it just doesn't work. All I am doing is trying to make calls. Every time I activate it, besides the 15 second delay between the two sets of beeps to get it to call x, it either doesn't work, freezes or is stuck in a loop as if I never said anything. I have " Sayit," but I also am not thrilled with it as it doesn't seem to do anything for calls.
    Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 11:33 AM
    No it doesn't work well, there is talk of major improvements.... coming soon.

That said... I think the whole fascination with SIRI has wound down also. And it does work pretty amazingly.
    04-29-14 11:36 AM
    Mine works fine. After first beep I say what I want done like "text". Then after the second tone, the voice control asks "Who do you want to text". It beeps, and I say my wife's first name. Tone sounds and it clarifies who and the message. on approval it sends. No freezing or lagging.

Maybe your issue may be with the OS version you are on. I am on the official 10.2.1 from AT&T. What is your OS?
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-29-14 11:58 AM
    Same as new collector here, works like a damn. I can say "bbm Dan I will be 10 minutes late" or thousands of variations and wow if it doesn't get it pretty much every time.

One thing I do, is speak slowly and clearly and try to leave a clear gap between most words. It doesn't work well with jargon, proper names or slang.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 01:51 PM
    I have official AT&T 10.2.1.2273. I speak clearly and slowly despite being a NY litigation attorney.

I say things like call home and and I get call hamburger? Or try again or nothing. I have 2 beeps -- first then second. I miss my 9900's hands free calling -- for some reason it just was better.
    04-29-14 03:02 PM
    I spoke to Blackberry help regarding voice control. I find it is quite good the majority of the time at working out what you're trying to say. However, I can't believe there is no option to edit your message using the keyboard! Surely this is a major slip up? Even legacy devices had this feature.
    I have found on occasion that it will get one word wrong over and over again until I get to the point I just give up and type the whole message. I should be able to just edit the one word its getting wrong and send.
    04-29-14 03:14 PM
    Also . .before I forget . .I thought it was my Plantronics earpiece, but it worked fine on another phone (the missus. . .::shudder::: iPhone). So, I dunno. . I'll just do it the old fashioned way and pull over and call . . .
    04-29-14 05:32 PM
    Also . .before I forget . .I thought it was my Plantronics earpiece, but it worked fine on another phone (the missus. . .::shudder::: iPhone). So, I dunno. . I'll just do it the old fashioned way and pull over and call . . .
    Hey, I've got the Plantronics BT headset and it works beautifully with my Z10. It should work, my friend... try the usual troubleshooting, latest OS etc...

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 09:21 PM
    I spoke to Blackberry help regarding voice control. I find it is quite good the majority of the time at working out what you're trying to say. However, I can't believe there is no option to edit your message using the keyboard! Surely this is a major slip up? Even legacy devices had this feature.
    I have found on occasion that it will get one word wrong over and over again until I get to the point I just give up and type the whole message. I should be able to just edit the one word its getting wrong and send.
    Truly dumb.

That's why if I have a sentence at all complex, I just press and hold the period key on the keyboard and the voice dictation works fine.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 09:22 PM
    Doesn't work well for me, and stopped working pretty much a couple updates ago (on 10.2.1.2102 now).

I get long pauses when issuing commands, and very often it still doesn't understand. I've gone through 3 different headsets before I realized the OS was the problem. I gave up and turned off full voice control. Now I can make phone calls at least, though I miss bring able to BBM. Of course, I never found an app is read back bbm's as audio anyways.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 12:15 AM