My voice commands are way off after the update. it seems to pickup what i want to do, but can no longer find the contacts i want to call. Makes voice dialing basically worthless (which is whole point). Cant seem to find any options to "train" the voice command module to make it more accurate. never had this issue with 10.1.

any help would be appreciated.
    thanx

Scott C3
    04-28-14 09:51 AM
    I can't really advise a solution other than a back-up/full reset/restore maybe, but the voice command system on BB10 is definitely one of it's weaker points compared to other systems out there.
    04-28-14 10:17 AM
    My voice commands are way off after the update. it seems to pickup what i want to do, but can no longer find the contacts i want to call. Makes voice dialing basically worthless (which is whole point). Cant seem to find any options to "train" the voice command module to make it more accurate. never had this issue with 10.1.

any help would be appreciated.
    thanx

I have always found the voice feature to be nearly worthless for phone dialing UNLESS you disable the "full voice recognition" and just set it for "voice dialing only".

Otherwise, I couldn't get it to recognize phone numbers/contacts if my life depended on it.

So if you mostly/only use it for voice-dialing, try that.
    04-28-14 10:35 AM
    I have found that the voice command on my Z10 to be lousy. It's even worse with the phone set to "voice dialing only". My old Pearl did a better job with the voice dialing. I rely on voice dialing alot. After the Pearl, I had a Samsung S 4G. The voice dialing that came with the phone was very bad. It did not read back what I said and I caught it dialing a number that I did not ask. With the Android OS, I was able to download a 3rd party voice dialing app (Choice Dialer) which was far better. It even read my texts via my Bluetooth that I got. It also allowed me to pull up contacts and add or subtract letters until it pronounced names correctly when it read it back to me before dialing. Unfortunately with BB10, I can not download a 3rd party voice dialing app to replace the native one. None available on BB World and the ones from Android install, but don't work. I've complained about this previously. Someone suggested SayIt. It doesn't work as a voice dialer. The one thing that really frustrates me with BB10 is the extemely poor voice dialing. With hands-free becoming the law, this should be addressed in the next OS update.
    04-28-14 10:59 PM
    I have found that the voice command on my Z10 to be lousy. It's even worse with the phone set to "voice dialing only". My old Pearl did a better job with the voice dialing. I rely on voice dialing alot. After the Pearl, I had a Samsung S 4G. The voice dialing that came with the phone was very bad. It did not read back what I said and I caught it dialing a number that I did not ask. With the Android OS, I was able to download a 3rd party voice dialing app (Choice Dialer) which was far better. It even read my texts via my Bluetooth that I got. It also allowed me to pull up contacts and add or subtract letters until it pronounced names correctly when it read it back to me before dialing. Unfortunately with BB10, I can not download a 3rd party voice dialing app to replace the native one. None available on BB World and the ones from Android install, but don't work. I've complained about this previously. Someone suggested SayIt. It doesn't work as a voice dialer. The one thing that really frustrates me with BB10 is the extemely poor voice dialing. With hands-free becoming the law, this should be addressed in the next OS update.

Voice dialing works just peachy for me even when driving on a non-quiet road over my Bluetooth headset.

You may want to consider, if you are using a headset, whether it is the headset's outgoing audio quality that is mucking up the device's ability to recognize your commands. There are tons of BT headsets with amazingly cruddy and muddy audio quality.

If you are a musician as your avatar suggests, I'd think you would be a decent judge of that kind of thing.

I bought SayIt when it was very new and was never particularly impressed with it. And now that it runs headless and people have complained about conflicts, I'm not even installing it on my devices running 10.2.1 because headless apps on BB10 conflict enough as it is.

Reputedly they are re-working the voice control features in 10.3.
    04-29-14 03:44 AM