Hi,

Anyone on the videotron network having this issue? When connected to their network, I have access to data ( email, blackberry world, text msg etc ) but BBM won't register and that little blackberry logo never shows up. I tried rebooting, removing battery for extended amount of time to no avail. Even called *611 but the tech suggested to restart the phone. Only way to communicate via BBM is WIFI is activated. This started today and I haven't done any modifications yet. Any ideas what might cause this?
    04-17-13 03:49 PM
    Hi Davidoff65,

I am with Videotron as well, and received my Z10 Monday morning. I spent Monday at home so I hadn't noticed the BBM issue since I was within my home wifi range. Tuesday morning I was at the car dealer and I attempted to BBM, and then noticed that I didn't have the BBM symbol anymore. Long story short, I did a few things to make it work, so I am not sure what solved my issue...Try the following:

1. Drag from the top on the home screen and then go in Settings, then About, then Network, then click on the three dots at the bottom right, then select Register BlackBerry. After you do this, restart your phone.

2. Call 611 again and verify that they have properly provisioned your phone with the correct SIM card number as well as the correct IMEI.

I didn't do this step but I read that some people had to simply connect their Z10 to their PCs and once BlackBerry Link identified their Z10, BBM started working again, without WIFI. Also, you'll want to make sure that your Blackberry ID is properly associated with your Z10.

I hope this helps!

Canaris
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-17-13 05:30 PM
    Thank you so much for your prompt reply Canaris. I am on the line with a tech again and am on hold as he went to verify if any similar case had been reported. I will be trying these steps once I hang up. Again thank you!!

:-)
    04-17-13 05:36 PM
    It worked!!!!! You are a genius!!! I only went with the 1st suggestion and it's been working ever since. Thank you so much!
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-18-13 03:26 PM
    no problem! my pleasure!
    04-18-13 10:51 PM