Hi guys
    While on my playbook why can I select myself as a contact within the playbooks video chat application and have a video call with my z10 but not the other way round from my phone to my playbook.

Also once when I video called my partner, both her z10 and playbook rang?
    02-06-13 02:15 PM
    Not sure why you can't call your own PlayBook. And the second part that you wrote is correct, if someone calls my PlayBook it will also ring on my z10. Pretty neat.

Also, I can video call a PlayBook from my z10.
    TrickyCase likes this.
    02-06-13 04:14 PM
    it is because it calls based on your BB ID. If your same ID is connected to your Z10 and PB you cant call it (at least it was the issue with pb to pb). its just like you trying to call your house from your house phone... doesnt work.

your gfs z10 and pb rang for the same reason... same BB ID.

idk if there is a work around, but im pretty sure that is the reason.
    02-06-13 04:27 PM
    it is because it calls based on your BB ID. If your same ID is connected to your Z10 and PB you cant call it (at least it was the issue with pb to pb). its just like you trying to call your house from your house phone... doesnt work.

your gfs z10 and pb rang for the same reason... same BB ID.

idk if there is a work around, but im pretty sure that is the reason.
    What's odd though, is that you can call your phone, from your playbook. I did it this afternoon. I wanted to see if screen share would work but it didn't. First I tried to call my PB, and on my phone is said "calling" but nothing happened on the PB.
    02-06-13 04:30 PM
    Ok, here's my story. I own a PlayBook and a Z10. On the PlayBook my sister in law (who also has a PlayBook) often video calls in order to make a free call to my wife. Both playbooks are wifi only. Now, this evening I was at my usual Thursday night bowling session without my PlayBook when suddenly my Z10 starts to ring, but with the PlayBook video calling ringtone. Somewhat nonplussed, I answered the call only to see my brother in law looking back at me!!! We commenced to have a chat and I showed him where I was. He had just video called from his PlayBook. In the usual way and because my pb was turned off, the call was put through to my phone. The thing is, there's no wifi at the bowling alley. We had just had a full screen video chat in quite good quality over 3G!! Apple's facetime requires wifi!! Apple, you've just been efffed in the ayy!!!
    02-08-13 04:12 AM