Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
Like Tree13Likes
  1. CreaturesFarley's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    57 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Video Chat - Mind Blown!

    I was lying in bed this morning. Had my PlayBook and my Z10 next to me. I'm browsing through some files on my PlayBook when the video chat box pops up - it's my brother. But hang on...my Z10 is ringing as well! Also a video chat request...from my Brother!! What?! Answer on my Z10 for novelty factor. have a flawless 10 min chat with video and audio...all over 3G with no WiFi whatsoever. Why didn't you mention this at launch, BlackBerry?! This is awesome stuff!!
    Thanked by 5:
    Bla1ze (02-01-2013),  DJM626 (02-02-2013),  DuexNoir (02-02-2013),  king benny (02-02-2013),  North-Face (02-02-2013) 
    Bla1ze, bluetroll, Qaxl and 6 others like this.
  2. Qaxl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    WAIT WHAT!!!!!!???

    OK now tell me every thing that happened .. start from the beginning ... I want to know every detail .. where were you ? what time was it ? what PBOS version ? what version of bridge ? the incoming call was the simple Playbook Video Chat ?? and it came in on the z10 as a BBM Video Call ?? were you even connected over bridge or was it all happening thru the cloud ?

    tell me moooooooaaaaar !
  3. zombie73's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    148 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Without Wi-Fi?? really? I was under the impression that you needed to be on Wi-Fi for it to work. please confirm... please, please, please..... with sugar on top! thanks!
  4. elmatatan184's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    174 Posts
    #4  

    Default Video Chat - Mind Blown!

    Quote Originally Posted by CreaturesFarley View Post
    I was lying in bed this morning. Had my PlayBook and my Z10 next to me. I'm browsing through some files on my PlayBook when the video chat box pops up - it's my brother. But hang on...my Z10 is ringing as well! Also a video chat request...from my Brother!! What?! Answer on my Z10 for novelty factor. have a flawless 10 min chat with video and audio...all over 3G with no WiFi whatsoever. Why didn't you mention this at launch, BlackBerry?! This is awesome stuff!!
    They did show a presentation of BBM video chat and also Screen Sharing while on a video chat on BBM. The crowd applauded after the presentation. BlackBerry just need to do a commercial about it and they'll hit the jack pot. March hurry up!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
  5. elmatatan184's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    174 Posts
    #5  

    Default Video Chat - Mind Blown!

    Quote Originally Posted by zombie73 View Post
    Without Wi-Fi?? really? I was under the impression that you needed to be on Wi-Fi for it to work. please confirm... please, please, please..... with sugar on top! thanks!
    Yup, no wi-fi needed. You can BBM video chat over the Network (3G or 4G). Data would be used while doing so. Voice chat is free so far on wi-fi only but there might be a chance that the carriers would allowed it to be free on the their network, fingers crossed.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
  6. goku_vegeta's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,934 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,984 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BAFC92E
    #6  

    Default

    There's an option to allow for video chat and voice calls over the mobile network. Check out some reviews and the leaked screen shots
    BlackBerry 10- The most disruptive innovation in mobile technology since the BlackBerry Smartphone
  7. Toodeurep's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,206 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,207 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)
    #7  
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
  8. Kat0908's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    411 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Wow! How was this missed? That's awesome!
  9. Kat0908's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    411 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmatatan184 View Post
    They did show a presentation of BBM video chat and also Screen Sharing while on a video chat on BBM. The crowd applauded after the presentation. BlackBerry just need to do a commercial about it and they'll hit the jack pot. March hurry up!

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    They did not show a BB10 device video calling a playbook which is what we're talking about here.
  10. kevintweedie's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    121 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Yeah I assumed everybody knew about this as well? After my Z10 synced with Facebook, Twitter and BBM, I had the option to video chat my brother's PlayBook also. Works flawlessly.
    just_luc likes this.
  11. mr_zed10's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,120 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,125 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    You mean...

    you was lying down in bed this morning, bored out your mind and decided to call your self from your Z10 to your Playbook for total mind freakyness
    Like putting a phone on each ear and talking

    Finally I'll be able to see the back of my head
    Last edited by mr_bold; 02-02-2013 at 01:51 PM.
  12. LocationDudeNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Will you be able to video chat with an iOS device?
  13. Kat0908's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    411 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LocationDudeNYC View Post
    Will you be able to video chat with an iOS device?
    With oovoo or skype, not with BBM obviously.
  14. keith1000's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    519 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CreaturesFarley View Post
    I was lying in bed this morning. Had my PlayBook and my Z10 next to me. I'm browsing through some files on my PlayBook when the video chat box pops up - it's my brother. But hang on...my Z10 is ringing as well! Also a video chat request...from my Brother!! What?! Answer on my Z10 for novelty factor. have a flawless 10 min chat with video and audio...all over 3G with no WiFi whatsoever. Why didn't you mention this at launch, BlackBerry?! This is awesome stuff!!

    Hi. I don't understand. Playbook NEEDS wifi to operate no????? Are you on a 3G playbook?
    Pls more info required
    Keith
  15. LocationDudeNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kat0908 View Post
    With oovoo or skype, not with BBM obviously.
    Hi. You use the word 'obviously' like I should know about the BBM platform, or whatever it's called. I'm an Android and iOS dude. I've never owned a BlackBerry or know anything about them. But I'm thinking of jumping on the BBW ( BlackBerry Band Wagon). I'm tired of being an iSheep and the Nexus 4 doesn't come with LTE turned on which is a deal breaker for me. I hope RIM succeeds. ****, I even bought stock.
    Soo.. I've got a million questions on how I'm going to switch Eco systems.
  16. dietertong's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    200 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keith1000 View Post
    Hi. I don't understand. Playbook NEEDS wifi to operate no????? Are you on a 3G playbook?
    Pls more info required
    Keith

    His PlayBook was on Wifi - but his Z10 was on 3G - and he picked up on his Z10 and able to have a Video chat - Z10 to PlayBook (his brother was most likely over Wifi unless he had a 4G PlayBook)
    Novaone likes this.
  17. keith1000's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    519 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietertong View Post
    His PlayBook was on Wifi - but his Z10 was on 3G - and he picked up on his Z10 and able to have a Video chat - Z10 to PlayBook (his brother was most likely over Wifi unless he had a 4G PlayBook)
    i would definatly think the same thing but this is what he said "...all over 3G with no WiFi whatsoever. "
  18. BBThemes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,369 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LocationDudeNYC View Post
    Hi. You use the word 'obviously' like I should know about the BBM platform, or whatever it's called. I'm an Android and iOS dude. I've never owned a BlackBerry or know anything about them. But I'm thinking of jumping on the BBW ( BlackBerry Band Wagon). I'm tired of being an iSheep and the Nexus 4 doesn't come with LTE turned on which is a deal breaker for me. I hope RIM succeeds. ****, I even bought stock.
    Soo.. I've got a million questions on how I'm going to switch Eco systems.
    In fairness, BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) kinda does what it says on the tin. messaging between BlackBerry`s, but that said, welcome to cb, im sure you`ll find alot of info here

    Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900


    For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
  19. donnation's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,092 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,121 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Lol this thread shows how behind the times we've truly been with Blackberry that we are this excited over video chatting from our phones.
  20. jdhooghe's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,263 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    So it's facetime for blackberry
  21. jsilvey2351's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    117 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    I don't know the answer so thus I ask; can you facetime without a Wifi connection on the Iphone4?
  22. n8ter#AC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,312 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CreaturesFarley View Post
    I was lying in bed this morning. Had my PlayBook and my Z10 next to me. I'm browsing through some files on my PlayBook when the video chat box pops up - it's my brother. But hang on...my Z10 is ringing as well! Also a video chat request...from my Brother!! What?! Answer on my Z10 for novelty factor. have a flawless 10 min chat with video and audio...all over 3G with no WiFi whatsoever. Why didn't you mention this at launch, BlackBerry?! This is awesome stuff!!
    Your mind is blown that you can do something people have been doing on all 3 other platforms using 1st party or built-in software for several months to a couple years?

    What we need is for the industry to standardize on one solution so that smartphone features aren't rendered useless if you decide to break away form the pack and get something different. We don't need more redundant VoIP/Video Chat built-in apps that are incompatible.
  23. donnation's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,092 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,121 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsilvey2351 View Post
    I don't know the answer so thus I ask; can you facetime without a Wifi connection on the Iphone4?
    Yes you can.
    Thanked by:
    jsilvey2351 (02-02-2013) 
  24. Dafunkhead's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    125 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    I can confirm this is right. Used video chat over 3G today. Worked very well
    ---------------------------------------------

    Everything Black!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Video chat on BB?
    By mocean in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 03:05 AM
  2. Is There A Way To Video Chat On Your Phone
    By Mystikpymp in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 10:11 PM
  3. Is There A Way To Video Chat On Your Phone
    By Mystikpymp in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 09:49 AM
  4. Is it possible to video chat
    By Rwolfe88 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 08:06 PM
  5. Samsung Omnia video chat/calling....
    By SaMaster14 in forum Other Platforms
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-26-2009, 05:52 PM

Posting Permissions