- CrackBerry Abuser
- 356 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
VERY weird rumors regarding no push email available
Has anyone heard anything about push email (not exchange - BIS) apart from BGR's review? The reason I state that it's weird is because I had a meeting at CES this year with Jeff Gadway and I specifically asked him how will the emails work in comparison to the old devices and he told me that the email functionality will be the same, just adding ActiveSync. He told me that each device will still have some sort of PIN.
- 01-30-13, 06:55 PM #4
- 01-30-13, 07:13 PM #7
"Push" is a term coined for rim's BIS service.. so no, BB10 devices are not "Push" but your email will still be delivered to your device exactly the same as your used to. Gmail supports a variant of the IMAP protocol called IMAP IDLE or P-IMAP depending on who you ask, which will work with BB10 and that is the very same protocol iphones use to access email..
The way it happens in the background is different, but the end result is the same. You will still receive instant email on your device.
- By AntiInsight in forum Service OutagesReplies: 2Last Post: 06-20-12, 12:27 AM
- By mhsobhani in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 21Last Post: 02-21-12, 09:00 PM
- By fabuloso in forum AT&TReplies: 2Last Post: 11-07-09, 12:28 PM
- By Domto248 in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 3Last Post: 07-21-09, 06:01 PM
- By jewlee999 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-04-08, 01:42 PM