After seeing my battery performance greatly improve by turning off LTE as recommended on this site, I had a very strange experience with the Z10 yesterday.

Woke up and unplugged the phone at 5 am. Went to the gym and left the phone in my pocket. With zero use, the battery was down to 80% within an hour and a half. Was almost dead by 11 am again with no real use other than reading a few emails and replying, forwarding less than 10 in total. Luckily I had my charger with me and plugged it in at 11:30 or so. Unplugged again at 2 pm. Started rapidly discharging with the battery getting quite hot. Had one 10 min call. No other use other than a few texts and emails. By the time I got to a 4 pm meeting, the battery was again at 75%. At the end of the meeting with no use, battery was down to less than 55%. Phone continued to be hot and discharge until it went dead around 8 pm.

During this period, I did a battery pull twice to try and see if there was something funny running in the background to no avail.

So this is where it gets strange. Around 7:30 pm i see that I have a large number of sent mails in my hub. After looking more closely I see that an email I forwarded in the morning is now showing as sent close to 100 times - yes 100! - and all to "unknown address". This was using a Rogers Yahoo address - my default email.

Today the phone is working fine with no issues.

Any ideas what happened ? Was this a phone issue? An email issue? Very very strange indeed.
    02-22-13 01:12 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me on rogers, it is like i have a virus on my phone, this has happened two days in a row, they are always being sent to differnet yahoo addresses and come back as undeliverable.
    02-22-13 01:30 PM
    I think it is time to call Rogers and have a chat. Thanks.
    02-22-13 01:32 PM
    Also as an FYI for anyone reading this be aware of Android side loaded apps. I installed a few of mine the other day and had the hookt messenger open today....boy did it suck the battery right out of the phone. It seemed like it was constantly trying to keep a connection to update. Uninstalled and recharged and no issues the rest of today so far back to normal.
    02-22-13 01:35 PM
    Yep, time to call Rogers and find out whats going on, never had a problem before and it just started happeneing.
    02-22-13 01:38 PM
    that is very strange.

I'll keep an eye on this as well - hasn't happend to me yet but I have heard from a couple of other people who have had similar email issues. I hope its a minor glitch that can be easily fixed
    02-22-13 01:56 PM
    Just spoke to Rogers and strangely enough he had me go onto the BIS and remove and readd my account. I thought the BIS was gone but apparently Rogers still uses it. Who knew?
    02-22-13 05:08 PM