Hey Everyone,
    Now I already received a Z10 from Rogers as a demo unit back in February, my initial reactions on the device were great. Although I could not fully explore the device and test it as a personal phone, I wasn't able to do much field tests during that week as it was reading week.

I got my BlackBerry LE Z10 delivered yesterday. Set it up mostly, enough to do most of the tasks. I used BlackBerry Link to transfer local data (mainly just memopad and other information like that, Google backs up all my email, contacts, and calendar events). Boy was I impressed. Plug in Z10 to computer, open BlackBerry Link, Transfer Data, Plug in 9900, data successfully transferred to Z10.

All my text messages were transferred over, all my settings, heck even all my memopad notes were transferred into the BlackBerry Remember app. Since I already had the hardware provided to me as a review unit (Thanks Rogers!) I knew what to expect from the hardware side of things, but I didn't expect transferring all the data from the 9900 was so easy and effortless. Even in the phone "app" it transferred all the recent calls I made as well, It's just like I never even switched phones. Overall the transition process was painless from BlackBerry 7 to BlackBerry 10.
    03-13-13 09:00 PM
    I think you kept your 9900 clean and well organized. The Z10 is a new BlackBerry Experience but it still has the right effect on the senses.
    03-14-13 11:56 AM
    so, I'm assuming that the updates rectified the errors or challenges that early adopters of the Z10 experienced in migrating to z10 from early BB's?

Since I'm also from the 9900, is it right for me to anticipate a seamless transition to the Z10 when the time comes? From where I'm at, the Z10 is still not available.
    03-14-13 12:06 PM
    Hi,
    Can anyone suggest how to retain battery charge. Is my phone defective or everyone is facing the same problem. My z10 is having such a serious issue with the battery drainage.

Please help.

Thanks,

George
    03-14-13 12:12 PM
    so, I'm assuming that the updates rectified the errors or challenges that early adopters of the Z10 experienced in migrating to z10 from early BB's?

Since I'm also from the 9900, is it right for me to anticipate a seamless transition to the Z10 when the time comes? From where I'm at, the Z10 is still not available.
    Since the launch of the Z10 both BlackBerry Link and the Z10 itself have gotten updates. I don't know which one fixed everything but the transition is very easy now, you shouldn't have any problems. All the little things also transferred over such as on going texts and my bookmarks for the browser etc.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 12:33 PM
    I had a very serious issue with battery drain as well. I would have a full charge and with limited usage it was drained in 2 hours. Was never able to figure out why with tech support so ended up getting a new one and ever since it has been smooth sailing, typically I am getting a full day no problem now. I replaced the battery first just to make sure it wasn't a bad battery but it didn't make a difference. May have just been a lemon.
    03-14-13 12:38 PM
    I had a very serious issue with battery drain as well. I would have a full charge and with limited usage it was drained in 2 hours. Was never able to figure out why with tech support so ended up getting a new one and ever since it has been smooth sailing, typically I am getting a full day no problem now. I replaced the battery first just to make sure it wasn't a bad battery but it didn't make a difference. May have just been a lemon.
    Do you leave NFC enabled?
    What about email accounts? As soon as I changed settings for my GMAIL account from using push functionality to refresh the inbox with scheduled intervals it improved the battery life drastically. Did you get the last OS update?
    03-14-13 01:22 PM
    I would have said to make sure NFC was off like BBGary suggested but since you swapped out for a new one, and nothing in your post indicates a change in usage patterns, sounds like the first unit you got might have been defective. For some odd reason NFC is enabled by default on BlackBerry devices which have this capability. I noticed the same thing on my 9360, 9900, and the Z10.
    03-17-13 02:00 PM
    From my testing, NFC makes little difference. Turning off LTE and push was the biggest two that took me to 40+ hours of standby and five hours of full active use per battery guru.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 05:33 PM