very important pics gone from work and personal pics are all gone.... does any one have had this issue.... thinking on replacing the unit....
    10-17-13 05:57 PM
    where they on the SD card or the device? What where you doing when the disappeared?
    10-17-13 06:02 PM
    very important pics gone from work and personal pics are all gone.... does any one have had this issue.... thinking on replacing the unit....
    I have a ****load of pictures that I know are on my device but I can't seem to get at them in the picture app. I will find them one of these days (grin) good luck to you.
    10-17-13 06:07 PM
    Try searching for them with file manager, not the picture app. Look on your device and SD card.
    10-17-13 06:37 PM
    Are you on BES? If so switch workspaces and look there.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 10:11 PM
    Well ... after trying all of the options listed for all of the great people who is trying to help ...but no luck ....fail to mention that about 2 or 3 days ago or so...there was a long software upgrade .... i am thinking maybe that is where the trouble could be... ??? but looked in the blackberry files on my computer and no trace of pics... as per what i was doing ... did not notice, i do not know when it happened.
    10-18-13 07:01 PM
    I'm a little confused but I'm going to assume you connected your phone to your computer and browsed the folders for your missing pictures. What kind of update did you get on your phone? OS update?

Just a tip. Backups are very important these days. Try using Box or Dropbox. They are cloud storage built into BB10 where you can save your files. I use Box and I have it set to backup my photos and videos to Box whenever I connect to a wifi signal. Even if by some random incident I know I will have saved the majority of my pictures somehow. Try it next time. Also you can sync your photos and media to your computer using BlackBerry Link Software. I hope you can find your photos though. It's sad when you lose photos.
    10-18-13 07:09 PM
    i did the usb connection and i do have blackberry link to auto connect and sync media files/docs....then all of the sudden a message of an OS update was taking effect ... but yes as you mention up above now i have box and my personal back up systems working to back up my Z10 files daily.... i guess bad luck this time... Thank u all for the great advise and help....
    10-18-13 07:35 PM
    Where do you have your camera set to save pics: device or SD card?
    10-18-13 09:53 PM
    in the device...
    10-19-13 07:49 PM
    Then yeah, maybe they got lost during the update. Heard of people losing texts during an update but not pics. And you did not back them up with BBerry link? Wasn't to OS 4181, was it?
    10-19-13 08:18 PM
    I'd be careful backing up using box. I did that. I backed up a set of pictures from my phone to box. Deleted the photos on my phone to save space.

This created the filenames to start from the beginning again. So when I did an auto sync to my box, it overrode all the files of old photos that were already in my box with pictures that I just took. Was not happy at all.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 11:46 PM
    sorry busy week..... yes i did plug the bblink to back up and sync but during that process the update occurred ... it shows OS ver. 10.1.0.2151...
    10-24-13 06:02 PM
    The same thing happened to me also. Twice!!! The images disappeared after system updates in both cases. At that time i also installed some android apps like viber and similar. So im not sure what is the main reason. Since then i stopped sideloading of android apps and started to use only BlackBerry certified. Since then i had no problems with disappearing of photos. Based on my experience i can advise you to use onedrive/box or similar cloud to backup photos.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 02:15 PM
    If i was you i would set my default saving to sd card that way they wont get deleted when updating your phone

Sent from my CnM TouchPad 9DC using CB Forums mobile app
    03-15-14 08:26 PM