I have typed the password in settings, but it does not save it. When I call voicemail, it always asks for the password. Does anyone with Verizon have a Z10 that remembers their voicemail password?
    04-01-13 12:15 PM
    I tried to do this and it would not save for me too. I noticed there is a button for "Visual Voice Mail" which costs $4.95 per month. Perhaps this is Verizon's way to make getting voicemails difficult so you will buy into that nonsense.
    Young Z likes this.
    04-01-13 12:32 PM
    Nope. No matter what I tried, I could not get my Z10 on VZW to automatically save my password - to include the pauses. I wound up following someone else's suggestion on here and made a new contact for my voicemail, included the password, and made it a favorite on my Call list. I don't use the native Voicemail link - I hit my new entry. Even then, I have to hit the green dial icon to enter the password. For example: 123-456-7890w1234. When it gets to the "w," a little green dial icon appears on screen. I have to tap that to enter the 1234
    garrettwynne likes this.
    04-01-13 01:06 PM
    Try a comma instead of "w". "W" waits until the user responds. A comma delays the next action for one second.
    04-01-13 03:36 PM
    Try a comma instead of "w". "W" waits until the user responds. A comma delays the next action for one second.
    There is no comma available - just Pause and Wait. Both require user intervention (press the green dial icon) from the call pad to have it finish entering the password. I guess 1 push beats 4 (the password plus the # sign)
    04-01-13 04:05 PM
    How did you even see the option for visual voicemail? I've been trying to figure out how to get it working, but haven't had any luck. I don't see Visual Voice Mail anywhere in BlackBerry World (not even under the "Apps for Verizon" section) and several searches I've done have been fruitless. I may have to give Verizon support a call, but I figured I'd ask here first.
    04-02-13 10:48 AM
    I have the same issue and would love an answer that doesn't require pushing another command...having to prompt the p/w maes it hard to check voicemail while driving hands free.
    04-03-13 10:39 PM
    How did you even see the option for visual voicemail? I've been trying to figure out how to get it working, but haven't had any luck. I don't see Visual Voice Mail anywhere in BlackBerry World (not even under the "Apps for Verizon" section) and several searches I've done have been fruitless. I may have to give Verizon support a call, but I figured I'd ask here first.
    I just got it working. In the phone app, swipe down for options. Visual Voicemail is listed in there. It needs to be enabled. Once enabled, you get a "voicemail" tab on the "calls" screen in the phone app ("all", "missed", and "voicemail".
    04-04-13 12:14 PM
    I tried to do this and it would not save for me too. I noticed there is a button for "Visual Voice Mail" which costs $4.95 per month. Perhaps this is Verizon's way to make getting voicemails difficult so you will buy into that nonsense.
    Woah! The Z10 is capable of visual voicemail!?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 12:35 PM
    Thanks so much. That worked! I've been trying to figure it out for a week ;-)
    04-04-13 03:33 PM
    Go to the "Setup" icon and it's one of the options to set up on the phone. I believe the setup sequence is baked into the OS for Verizon. I don't get enough phone calls to substantiate another $4.95 a month for this service.
    04-04-13 07:26 PM
    I just got it working. In the phone app, swipe down for options. Visual Voicemail is listed in there. It needs to be enabled. Once enabled, you get a "voicemail" tab on the "calls" screen in the phone app ("all", "missed", and "voicemail".
    Interesting - in my phone dialer, my settings only list "Voice Mail" and going to the option I see the voice mail phone number for my carrier and a button to set or change my voice mail password - which I have set. Could the option be carrier specific?

I do know that the option doesn't have a phone number stored if I haven't paid Rogers for voice mail, so I would check this with your own carrier.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-04-13 09:19 PM
    John, did you find a solution? I have the same issue.

When I go to phone>settings>voicemail the access number is grayed out. While I can get to the dialog box for the "Set Password" box, putting my password and pressing the "OK" button in has no effect other than the "Set Password" button changing to "Change Password". When I press the "back" left arrow at the bottom of the screen twice to get back to the main phone screen and press the voicemail button in the upper left, the voicemail system prompts for a password which the phone _does_not_ provide. If I go back to settings>voicemail the dialog box for the "Set Password" is back as if the password was never set.
    04-05-13 10:45 AM
    John, did you find a solution? I have the same issue.

When I go to phone>settings>voicemail the access number is grayed out. While I can get to the dialog box for the "Set Password" box, putting my password and pressing the "OK" button in has no effect other than the "Set Password" button changing to "Change Password". When I press the "back" left arrow at the bottom of the screen twice to get back to the main phone screen and press the voicemail button in the upper left, the voicemail system prompts for a password which the phone _does_not_ provide. If I go back to settings>voicemail the dialog box for the "Set Password" is back as if the password was never set.
    I am fine now once I had Rogers actually add the Voice mail option into my account even though it was supposed to be included. Before I called them, my daughter's 9810 had no Voice mail option and my Z10 had it but it had nothing in the phone number field or it was greyed out (I can't remember exactly as we have 4 different phones on our family plan)

04-05-13 11:38 AM
    I have typed the password in settings, but it does not save it. When I call voicemail, it always asks for the password. Does anyone with Verizon have a Z10 that remembers their voicemail password?
    I have the same problem. According to Verizon support, it is probably part of the same known issue causing no voicemail icons to show up when there are messages. You get a notification in the hub but no icon. I was told a fix is scheduled in the next (first?)Verizon OTA update. Release date is "under review". If you aren't getting vm notification in your hub, see this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...orking-768505/
    pili4 likes this.
    04-06-13 09:28 PM
    I am not having a problem with the ringer or voicemail icons, but I am having a problem with the voicemail password and the access number being greyed out. Hopefully the fix is coming out soon, I get frequent voicemails and would love to not have to dial in the password each time.
    04-10-13 12:55 PM
    My visual voice mail was working for my Verizon z10 until today. All of a sudden my visual voice mail inbox is empty, and it's not prompting me for a password.

Anybody else having these issues?
    Is it may be just that me account needs to be re-provisioned for vvm?
    04-11-13 07:37 PM
    Overnight my phone restarted twice, and when I woke up I spontaneously was greeted with a prompt for my visual voice mail password. Weird.
    04-13-13 06:44 AM
    Overnight my phone restarted twice, and when I woke up I spontaneously was greeted with a prompt for my visual voice mail password. Weird.
    I would think that your carrier added the feature and pushed it out to you. What did they say when you called them?

04-14-13 09:21 AM
    I've been trying for months to get my Z10 or Q10 to automatically enter my PIN when I tap the Voicemail speed dial. Verizon might be part of the problem, but so is BlackBerry. When I enter in my Voicemail passcode, it is NEVER remembered.

So, I create a new contact that will dial into voicemail, but when I add pauses by pressing the B or N keys, BB10 ALWAYS waits for me to tap "dial" to dial the numbers after the pause or wait.

AT&T allows it to work without entering in a password, it authenticates from your phone. Verizon won't allow this.
    07-28-13 04:34 PM
    I've had my Q10 for about 2 weeks now...went back to the Verizon store to ask them to store my VM password so I would not have to enter it every time I check VM....first they said no problem, the techs took it in the back room to program it for me...after 20-30 minutes they returned, and said it cannot be done because the Q10 does not allow you to properly enter pauses, and admitted it was srange...all phones can do it....he gave me the # for blackberry and told me to call them...which I did...Blackeberry said it is a Verizon thing and said I should contact them...in other words, I got the run around...
    08-11-13 11:37 AM