My phone did it first reboot on my way out of mall after purchase. I've been experiencing them at least once a day. My free memory would be 1.3 after reboot. But free memory would gradually go down in one day to around 700 MB. Had couple of freeze also. I was thinking what could be a common cause. I had Verizon swap all of my contacts over they used their own machine. I wonder if there machine was causing the problem. So I did a complete security swipe. Reinstall my phone using BB password. NO contact where transfer which I was hoping. I transferred my contact thru Gmail. Things I notice. I did not have any duplication. My free memory was more stable I would see it go down and up after closing app. For two days haven't had a random reboot even with charger plug in overnight my free memory is stable at 850MB. Little over 48 hours had a couple of quick freezes. But so far so good.
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-17-13 11:12 PM
    I had the same issues, and frankly, I'm getting tired of it. I wiped my phone, reinstalled OS, spent DAYS getting my contact info, Remember, and settings back together, and still rebooted. Totally randomly - even when just sitting there with nothing running. I got a new phone from VZW, felt like it was running better, the OS was doing normal things the other one didn't (like save a web page to the "home page") and other small things. Lo' and behold, this one reboots and freezes too whenever it wants to. Just did now as I type this - nothing was running. I'm getting tired..
    04-23-13 10:48 AM
    Might help if Verizon gets the OS update out there. They are on a VERY old OS.
    04-23-13 10:54 AM
    Sorry about these issues. Just to share my experience: On T-Mo (USA) and was working perfectly -- then suddenly was getting reboots. So -- thinking about what I had changed -- I uninstalled the last app I got off the BB site and reboots stopped. The other issue I'd read about was BB suggesting that perhaps their device lock was being overly aggressive. The other is, that if loss of internal memory is causing, until this is sorted, you might try a manual reboot in the morning -- or once in the day -- if it clears memory. At least you'd be controlling it. I have had no further issues.
    04-23-13 11:06 AM
    WOW! My issues seem so minor compared to you guys. Reboots if charged over 5 hours and sometimes resets my hub settings. Also there's one voice mail notification I can't delete. Sometimes that voice mail gets replaced by a new one and sometimes not. Verizon rep is suppose to call today with more help. He told me that BlackBerry analyst would be on site hopefully to have answers. I'm waiting.
    04-23-13 11:12 AM
    I haven't heard from BB Tech 2 since last week. Been sending in logs and emailed them the other day.

The First Z10 went back with reboot issues. The BB tech listened to my issues and simply had me exchange it where
    I got it. I did.
    The Second Z10 reboots but not as often. They looked at its logs and said " this is different" and that's the last I heard from them.

The "official" silence is deafening.

Tim
    04-23-13 11:18 AM
    I've been experiencing random reboots for a month, since receiving my Z10 from VZW. Last week noticed free memory dropped to 600 MB? right before plugging in for the night. A day's use I guess. Next morning - phone had rebooted over night. So last few nights before plugging in and going to bedside mode I turn the thing off - then on - free memory goes up to 1.1 Gb - plug in - no reboots over night. Voila - no worry about alarm not working in morning or listening to emails arriving in the middle of the night when the reboot had kicked it out of bedside mode. Definitely memory leak all day - this would explain some folks having these occur at other times. - depends on use during day - what's running and not freeing memory up when finished with an operation. Until the VZW OS is fixed, a simple "Planned" reboot prior to bedside solves the "Random" part, I think.

MMDDZZ
    04-23-13 11:31 AM