I only found a 10.1 first impressions thread in the GB forum, so I thought we should have a general collection of issues thread as there seems to still be a few out there. Here are mine:

I am having android runtime problems. Any app that is a port, even if is downloaded from app world isn't running. It starts to load, but then fails. I.e. Skype preview, or United Airlines.

I can't access my text messages from within the hub. They are listed but if I press the screen to open a conversation nothing happens. I have to hold the conversation down, wait for the black bar, and then hit reply to open the conversation. This doesn't happen with my emails or other messages.

When using the browser if I turn it to landscape mode it doesn't reformat itself proper to fit the screen. This is a massive bug. I was running the stock OS, and have never seen this and the text message bug.

Attachment 186400

Also I cannot find the HDR function on the camera. It looks exactly like 10.0.9 when using it.

I would upgrade to a leak, but am using a mac and don't feel like asking anyone to use their windows pc.

Is anyone else having these issues?
    07-27-13 08:14 AM
    Well I did mine last night, now the keyboard is slow to come up and does not work!!
    A quick battery pull and now its fine??
    07-27-13 08:21 AM
    OP, you listed some common upgrade issues that have been addressed in previous upgrade threads.

Did you do a security wipe? That should solve the SMS usage issue. Make sure to do a full backup before wipe.

Side loaded Android apps will need to be reinstalled and not restored. It may take some hours after the upgrade before Android sideloads run well again.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by yellowhammer; 07-27-13 at 09:01 AM.
    saxxman, MPLexus301 and m1kr0 like this.
    07-27-13 08:32 AM

I am having android runtime problems. Any app that is a port, even if is downloaded from app world isn't running. It starts to load, but then fails. I.e. Skype preview, or United Airlines.

When using the browser if I turn it to landscape mode it doesn't reformat itself proper to fit the screen. This is a massive bug. I was running the stock OS, and have never seen this and the text message bug.
    I have the same problem with skype it is slow some time. I have to shut it down and restart it a couple of times before it will start. other times it is great. Try evolution browser free and great. The developer does ask for a donation to keep the development going. It does need folders in bookmarks or the bookmarks can be overwhelming.
    Last edited by Wilsonia Goldens; 07-27-13 at 08:45 AM.
    07-27-13 08:34 AM
    SMS Backup (in BlackBerry World) works well to backup SMS messages before an os upgrade and restore after.
    Last edited by yellowhammer; 07-27-13 at 08:49 AM.
    07-27-13 08:37 AM
    Apologies if this has all been addressed previously. I will follow the comments above. Mods please close.

Posted via CeeBee 10 on that Whiteberry
    07-27-13 08:42 AM
    I'm glad you posted some issues your having after the upgrade. I am having issues as well. So far my problems are with my contacts. I use bee buzz for the LED notifications. I discovered that all needed reset so when I went in to set up bee buzz some contacts weren't there but if I exited out of buzz the same contact was in contacts. So I can't even set some defaults up due to the contact not being recognized. Thats just from messing with the new 10.1 for a little while

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 09:35 AM
    I have no major issues so far. I think it's a bit snappier and i like how the word prediction is in green and more accurate. I wish there were a few more features than what was given but happy that Verizon made SOME type of progress forward.
    07-27-13 12:13 PM
    I'm having same Android runtime problems.My Android ports won't load, whether they were downloaded from BlackBerry World or side loaded. I get this blue progress bar at the bottom of the app screen for several seconds which moves along but then the app closes without loading.
    07-27-13 12:17 PM
    Hello all, I have done what yellowhammer has mentioned and everything is working properly again. I recommend the wipe as well.

Posted via CeeBee 10 on that Whiteberry
    Last edited by ediggity; 07-27-13 at 12:35 PM.
    07-27-13 12:24 PM
    Minor issues here. I'm unable to connect my Foursquare to my BBM.

Have to work harder to hide the keyboard, actually feels less responsive in that sense, and with swiping to different txt messages

I think it's a little annoying how it says 'entering mms mode' when I go into my one group chat.

Lastly, no noticeable diff in battery life. Think ima let it run all the way down, n charge. See what happens from there.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 12:44 PM
    I have the same issue with the browser in landscape. Doesn't work. What to do??

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 12:52 PM
    My girlfriend tried to get it a few minutes ago and no update available. I updated overnight (literally) and into the morning and finally got it. Verizon must have pulled it!
    07-27-13 01:12 PM
    Yeah....I still don't have the new software update from Verzion. It keeps telling me that my software is "up to date".
    07-27-13 05:59 PM
    The big question is did you do a security wipe of your device once you loaded the new OS into it?

It's a known fact that after installing new firmware on your device that it's wise to do a security wipe so that glitches like your experiencing don't happen.
    07-27-13 06:05 PM
    Everything is working well for me. I did the update OTA.

For HDR You have to launch the camera and swipe down. It's in the options to enable it.

Posted via CB10
    hf199 likes this.
    07-27-13 06:15 PM
    Mine is dead after 3-4 hrs. It doesn't matter if you are useing it or it is in standby on the counter. So here it sits continually plugged in. I don't get it, Verizon put this off for an issue that supposedly affected 1 in 500 phones , but yet what they released seems to have random issues that cover a broad spectrum. Again this is a carrier release not a leak. Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive but I don't recall any huge issues with the other carriers aside from "premature release" and re-release by AT&T.
    07-27-13 08:28 PM
    Got 30% left. Unplugged roughly 14 hours ago.

No battery complaints here.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 08:31 PM
    I got 10.1.0.2039 update overnight and it was finished when I woke up. I've read that this is an unstable version and 10.1.0.46XX is the better version. Unfortunately after waiting months for Verizon's update, this is what they give us.

I really haven't had a chance to do to much with it so far, but did find issues already.

1) Right side top of phone screen fades away so that you can't read all of the word.
    2) POP email (using Cablevision) account didn't work sending out it just showed a red symbol that it didn't work. After I deleted it and reinstalled it, it worked.
    3) Although it works sending & receiving emails,there is no Push emails. I have to go on the specific email account then refresh it to make the email show up.

I'll let you know what else I find as I use it more.
    hf199 likes this.
    07-27-13 09:53 PM
    This makes me glad I'm running a leak 4543. I hope the update starts working for everyone because this is ridiculous to wait this long to get disappointed or have something subpar.

Follow me on Twitter @AhsonnCarter
    07-27-13 10:19 PM
    You shouldn't have to do a security wipe on an official OTA update. My room mate and I are on Verizon and did the update last evening on hers. Mine runs leaks...Plugged her phone in to charger; at 75% started update. Went smooth. Everything works. Checked all changes in the update.

Posted via CB10
    ediggity likes this.
    07-28-13 03:40 AM
    POP email does not support Push. Use an Exchange or IMAP account.
    07-28-13 07:19 AM
    Seems harder to go home from BBM in Hub if the keyboard is up. I need to start the up swipe from much lower than before or it usually will input a space instead.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 08:35 AM
    There is the possibility that if you didnt have the phone plugged into a power souece, that this maybe the reason for the OS update not working properly. The upadate clearly stated to plug the device in to a power source while the phone was updatimg. Iif the BlackBerry. com website has the verizon update available, I would reccommend reinstalling the OS update from there. The phone will be hooked up to your computer, which is a power source. Than ypu will be able to see if that resolves the issues that you are having. You can go to the software tab on BlackBerry's website to retrieve the OS update. You may have to use. Link to restore the phone back to factory settings before reinstalling. Check to make sure the BlackBerry website has the OS update first, before restoring the phone. Also, do a backup with Link too before restorimg to factory settings. Close Link before reinstalling the update if available.

Posted via CB10
    cstormberry likes this.
    07-28-13 09:19 AM
    Do any of you on here experience a bug when sending a group / mms msg..? I've noticed that whenever I send a group msg to friends there pictures are grayed out / missing when they reply on the chat, any fix for this..?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 11:27 AM
93 123 ...