Does anyone know if I can take my Verizon Z10 and put it on T-mobile? I was thinking of switching from Big Red with T-mobile $0 down options today but wanted to see if I could still keep my Z10 and pick up a different device all together.
    07-27-13 12:02 PM
    The short answer is yes. The long answer is that a verizon device does not always work as well as a native Tmobile version of the same device

I have had a few verizon bolds working on T-Mobile before.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 12:04 PM
    The biggest thing is that wifi calling will probably not ever work.
    In the past, you could not get 3g access, but I don't think that is the case anymore.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 12:06 PM
    The biggest thing is that wifi calling will probably not ever work.
    In the past, you could not get 3g access, but I don't think that is the case anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Not really worried about WiFi calling but making sure I can still get 4G and have my email working and receive calls.
    07-27-13 12:08 PM
    It may work somewhat, but I don't believe the phone will be at 100% capability. These are two distinct versions of the z10 and operate on GSM or CDMA respectively.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 12:29 PM
    No, the z10 on verizon is a world phone and has GSM as well as CDMA.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 12:31 PM
    Those saying short answer is yes should rethink...

Short answer is NO NO NO.

Long answer is you will only get base GSM service reliably. That is GSM, GPRS, EDGE. Verizon is CDMA and the SIM card is for world phone support for travelers and it only has a few UMTS bands setup for overseas, not for use here. It wouldn't work.

I advice people not even to use a 91LW STL3 on T-Mobile. Using a STL4 Verizon version on Tmo or ATT is cockamamie.

I've explained this now countless times. Please trust me as I go by the spec sheet and technical sense. It's your decision though. Do it, and enjoy your 120kbps on a 2013 smartphone.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    00stryder likes this.
    07-27-13 01:00 PM
    Does anyone know if I can take my Verizon Z10 and put it on T-mobile? I was thinking of switching from Big Red with T-mobile $0 down options today but wanted to see if I could still keep my Z10 and pick up a different device all together.
    The answer is kinda yes with a twist. Your vzw Z10 will recognize and get T-Mobile signal and data service, but there's no 4G nor LTE network there, as your vzw Z10 just support 900 and 1800 MHz freq, meanwhile T-Mobile use 1700 and 1900 refarming in some cities. So if you insist to use it you'll only get EDGE (2.5G -download max 233.6kbps~35KB/s), which is sucks to today's standard.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 01:21 PM
    This is an incredibly bad idea. Leaving Verizon to tmo is a great notion for sure, but as pointed out the Verizon version is primarily a CDMA phone, tmo (and at&t) GSM, Maybe... a different radio can be loaded? (go check on the leaked OS forum). However, as I understand the GSM side of the Verizon phone is unlocked (just to global?), you could stick a tmo sim in the phone and see what happens for yourself?
    07-27-13 01:39 PM

Long answer is you will only get base GSM service reliably. That is GSM, GPRS, EDGE. Verizon is CDMA and the SIM card is for world phone support for travelers and it only has a few UMTS bands setup for overseas, not for use here. It wouldn't work.

I advice people not even to use a 91LW STL3 on T-Mobile. Using a STL4 Verizon version on Tmo or ATT is cockamamie.

I've explained this now countless times. Please trust me as I go by the spec sheet and technical sense. It's your decision though. Do it, and enjoy your 120kbps on a 2013 smartphone.

No, the short answer is yes it will work. But the long answer is that you might not like the limitations.

I would suggest getting a native Tmobile z10 myself, but in certian circumstances it may be fine, especially for a user who is on wifi a lot and does not need high speed data.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 01:41 PM
    This is an incredibly bad idea. Leaving Verizon to tmo is a great notion for sure, but as pointed out the Verizon version is primarily a CDMA phone, tmo (and at&t) GSM, Maybe... a different radio can be loaded? (go check on the leaked OS forum). However, as I understand the GSM side of the Verizon phone is unlocked (just to global?), you could stick a tmo sim in the phone and see what happens for yourself?
    As I said, I had a 9930 working on my Tmobile account. No 3g and no wifi calling.
    Anyone looking to do this needs to be aware of the limitations.

Using an AT&T device on T-Mobile is a much better way to go. Another option is to sell the VZW and buy a T-Mobile z10.
    That will get the best results.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 01:45 PM
    No, the short answer is yes it will work. But the long answer is that you might not like the limitations.

I would suggest getting a native Tmobile z10 myself, but in certian circumstances it may be fine, especially for a user who is on wifi a lot and does not need high speed data.

Posted via CB10
    Silly argument but I must say I insist on giving people short answers that immediately inform of any considerable caveats. Or better yet, just come out with it.

07-27-13 06:21 PM

I'm unlocked rogers on T-Mobile. So 91LW yes yes yes.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 09:14 AM
    If I were you then sure!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 09:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Enjoy your EDGE service in non-refarmed 1700mhz coverage areas.

07-28-13 11:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    And, you're straight GSM, not bisexual.
    07-28-13 12:07 PM
    It may or may not, your best bet is to go to the store and talk to a rep. But T-Mobile 4G is a joke and if you do happen to have Lte in your area it may be the same. I've had T-Mobile and Sprint and they are the worst. Hope you have better luck.

Posted via Z10
    07-28-13 12:13 PM
    It may or may not, your best bet is to go to the store and talk to a rep. But T-Mobile 4G is a joke and if you do happen to have Lte in your area it may be the same. I've had T-Mobile and Sprint and they are the worst. Hope you have better luck.

Posted via Z10
    A joke? My T-Mobile 4G is faster at my house than my cable internet.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 01:39 PM
    Silly argument but I must say I insist on giving people short answers that immediately inform of any considerable caveats. Or better yet, just come out with it.

The simple fact is that if you put a T-Mobile sim card into an unlocked Verizon world phone, it will connect to the TMOBILE network.

Now, it is not a simple yes or no since it will be limited in some ways, but the objective fact is that it will work.
    Last year I found a good deal on a Verizon 9930 and let my wife's little sister use it on my account. She had no wifi calling and EDGE data only but she was happy with the device as she mostly only used wifi.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 01:45 PM
    The simple fact is that if you put a T-Mobile sim card into an unlocked Verizon world phone, it will connect to the TMOBILE network.

Now, it is not a simple yes or no since it will be limited in some ways, but the objective fact is that it will work.
    Last year I found a good deal on a Verizon 9930 and let my wife's little sister use it on my account. She had no wifi calling and EDGE data only but she was happy with the device as she mostly only used wifi.

Posted via CB10
    No I hear ya, I get it.

It is more of a philosophical argument, hehe.

I am not a big fan of short answer vs long answer responses actually because some folks will stop reading after the short version and be consequently disappointed.

07-28-13 01:58 PM
    No I hear ya, I get it.

It is more of a philosophical argument, hehe.

I am not a big fan of short answer vs long answer responses actually because some folks will stop reading after the short version and be consequently disappointed.

Yeah, the problem is some questions just don't fit neatly in a yes or no scenario.

Btw, Tmobile will even help your setup a BlackBerry from a different carrier.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 09:14 PM
    Yeah, the problem is some questions just don't fit neatly in a yes or no scenario.

Btw, Tmobile will even help your setup a BlackBerry from a different carrier.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, they have a pretty good "bring your own phone" attitude over there.
    07-28-13 10:22 PM
    2G data. Likely. Which is horrible.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    07-28-13 10:30 PM
    I think the z10 from AT&T should be fine.

My z10 supports 4g on both TMOBILE and ATT.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:37 PM
    Do you travel often because if not go to your the T-Mobile Website and check 4G coverage. Now if the coverage for 4G Looks solid in your city and surrounding suburbs go purchase a unlimited 70$ plan for one month and test it out especially where you go most. Put it on 4G and try your luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:39 PM
28 12