Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SteelGreek
  • 1 Post By Vio
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    333BF5D4
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Verizon Navigator a no-show?!?

Hello gents! Just got my new Verizon Z10 today and went to try out the Verizon Nav and....it ain't there. Called the techs and they couldn't help me either. Even on the website they sent me to it's not available. Anybody else having an issue with this????
    BB then, now, forever...yeah, I said it. 335039AC
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

Same thing with ATT, no Telenav version of ATT Navigator either, although I understand its coming. BB Maps is working very well, but doesn't have all the features. I'm fiddling around with Waze, but I still would rather Navigator.
    Lumia 1520, Passport -- Surface Pro 3
  3. Vio
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

same thing with verizon, they sent the info to tech support. She couldn't find it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

Not having a z10 yet....

Doesn't blackberry include a built in navigator developed with Tom Tom?
  5. Vio
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

I hope they release it soon I use this app a lot...

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

UGHHHHHHHHH. Why the heck did the phone rep ask me when I pre-ordered if I wanted to keep Navigator. VZW dropping some major donkey balls yet again...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts
    PIN
    334c6a2f

Have you tried the blackberry navigation? I sideloaded Google maps last night but I don't use their navigation either... try it out in the mean time or just in case they don't release a bb10 app

Posted via CB10
    Channel PIN: C0004F9BB
    Verizon Z30STA100-3 running 10.3 with SQN100-2 and STL100-4 in reserve... Waiting on my Passport!
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    333BF5D4
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

WooHoo! Gentlemen! I downloaded the free trial of Mireo DON'T PANIC Navigation from App World and it is awesome. After the trial is over, the US maps are $20. That's the same price I'd pay for 4 months of VRW Nav and future updated maps are free. Try it!
    BB then, now, forever...yeah, I said it. 335039AC
  9. Vio
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni08 View Post
    UGHHHHHHHHH. Why the heck did the phone rep ask me when I pre-ordered if I wanted to keep Navigator. VZW dropping some major donkey balls yet again...
    They asked me the same thing...then spent 30min with customer service and the nice lady texted me this

'We are being told Vz Navigator is not programmed for the phone There is BB Maps, please call *611 to make changes to account if needed'

I really thought I would miss my storm 2 minus the crappy browser..this phone has a huge learning curve and I wish they kept email the same but i can learn all the new short cuts.

And flicking is awesome

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    CrackBerry User

We are a Verizon customer with 20 user who love Navigator. I'm glad I decided to get my Z10 and test it first before deploying them to my users. They will not be happy without Navigator. I've also discovered that the Z10 needs to have BES Version 10 in order for us to be able to manage it and receive our corporate e-mail. I switched from a Storm but I'm struggling with the new keyboard. Luckily most of my users are waiting for the Q10. I'm really disappointed that I won't be able to deploy the 10 until these issues are resolved.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I believe you are incorrect about "needing" BES10 in order to get corporate email, but I may be wrong. Z10 uses Activesync to push out email, so you should still be able to get corporate email. I also seem to remember something about corporations being able to upgrade to BES10 for little or no cost. Might be worth checking out. I believe you will need it to manage Balance on the Z10 and Q10 to keep work stuff and personal stuff separate.
    CrackBerry Addict

I've used vz navigator on my storm but that was years ago... In don't recall it being any different than the maps BlackBerry ready has on the z10, they are voice guided turn by turn...
    Right?

And u can search for things of interest off Google and use the Addy of that's what your missing. Hopefully BlackBerry had plenty in store for the current maps app.

Posted via CB10
    VzW Z10 & Z30 10.2.1.3247
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by gtiffany View Post
    I believe you are incorrect about "needing" BES10 in order to get corporate email, but I may be wrong. Z10 uses Activesync to push out email, so you should still be able to get corporate email. I also seem to remember something about corporations being able to upgrade to BES10 for little or no cost. Might be worth checking out. I believe you will need it to manage Balance on the Z10 and Q10 to keep work stuff and personal stuff separate.
    If your IT department will share the exchange server address and grant the application access out through the proxy server and VPN then that might work! However, without access to that key piece of intelligence I am stuck waiting for waiting for them to upgrade the BES unless someone has an idea on how to circumvent this drawback.

I've tried to forward the company e-mail to my personal e-mail account from both the server and client but no go!

Any ideas would be appreciated as we are awaiting the return of the IT director which is on his 13 week vacation. French - need I say more?