So today I get an email from Verizon in US. Not telling me 10.1 is available, of course, but their periodic attempt to get me to upgrade. My last four devices have been BlackBerry, but do you think that is how they target me? Nope. They have three devices "Recommended" for me: Droid Razr, Galaxy S3 and S4. SCREAM of frustration!

Posted via CB10 with *Z* BEST!
    07-10-13 11:03 AM
    Not that much of a surprise... The Droid series is exclusive to them and the Samsungs are an easy sale for the most part since people have heard of them and been bombarded with advertising. It's still better than going to the VZW website and seeing ads for some LG Android device no-one's ever heard of or the iPhone. They try to cast as wide a net as possible in those ads, and BlackBerry doesn't exactly have the greatest mindshare right now. At least Verizon put some TV time towards the Z10 with the BBM screen share ads.

I'm in the same boat, though many, many moons ago I did have an LG flip phone (it was cheap), and a candy bar Nokia before I came to my senses and got a BlackBerry.
    07-10-13 11:10 AM
    So today I get an email from Verizon in US. Not telling me 10.1 is available, of course, but their periodic attempt to get me to upgrade. My last four devices have been BlackBerry, but do you think that is how they target me? Nope. They have three devices "Recommended" for me: Droid Razr, Galaxy S3 and S4. SCREAM of frustration!

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger or that Verizon is the only carrier to do this. I upgraded June 3rd. AT&T sends me update my device snail mail with Android and IPhones. My last three devices have been BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    07-10-13 11:10 AM
    What a shame
    07-10-13 11:11 AM
    I do get why they market those devices to the general population. It just seems like it would be natural to target previous BlackBerry customers and make BlackBerry at least one of the recommendations. Silly me.

07-10-13 11:16 AM
    Actually Sammy is having big trouble selling their G4 to the tune of a 32 Billion dollar market write down. When you go on the Verizon site, put in your area code for new phones -- Z10 is right there with everything else. Despite what people think, the G4 has been a disaster. And, iPhone sales at AT&T and Verizon have had a huge drop (down about 20% from last year). All I can tell you is, when I was in retail, the mantra was: "Push the crap that won't sell."
    07-10-13 11:24 AM
    Hmmm... never thought of it that way. that would only make sense if they were stuck with inventory, tho. Are they?

07-10-13 11:30 AM