TLDR: case or not?

Had my Z10 for 2 weeks now, absolutely loving it. However during the entire time I have been fighting a constant battle with myself over using a case on my phone.

Throughout my years with my 9780 I dropped it a painful amount of times, luckily the case I used and general awesomeness of the phone meant I was fine, 3 times though, heartbreak struck as I was greeted with the painfully beautiful sight of a broken lcd. I broke the screen from hitting it against something whilst it was in my pocket.

So like a midget at a urinal, when it came to my new shiny Z10, I had to be on my toes. I decided to use the flip case for all round protection, it was not to be. The resilience of the flap to not fold all the way back was a deal breaker and I swiftly traded it in for the transform case, sacrificing screen protection for ease of use.

Recently though I have started to take it out of the case when using the phone at home because it feels and looks so. Dam. Nice. Without a case, the slim figure and the grippy back are a delight to use. And so began the great battle of 2013.

should I keep the case to avoid a disaster on the same magnitude of the coughstormcough. Or cave to my vanity and take the risk.

A Victor has not yet been decided, but I would like to know whether any similar battles have been fought in the hearts and minds of my fellow crack heads.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:29 AM
    In the case when out and about, naked otherwise. That's how I role. It's assumed that carpeting or hardwood will protect it from a fall at home, possibly at work too...depending on the job.

As far as the screen cracking, I'm not really concerned about that, if it happens it happens and I'll get it fixed.
    03-31-13 07:42 AM
    For me personally i use the official red micro fiber case to keep my z10 protected when in my pockets. Obviously i like the naked look of the phone so whenever i pull the phone out, its naked but when i put it back into my pocket...its protected by the micro fiber pouch case. Also being red in colour, it looks nice with my black z10 in. I get alot of looks from people and a few have asked me what phone and pouch i have. I also have the same pouch in a grey colour, got it free with my z10 but i prefer the red colour altho theres a risk of it getting dirty.

03-31-13 08:05 AM