Hi folks,

when I connect my Z10 to my A/V receiver (2008 Marantz SR6003 with support for HDMI 1.3a), turn my TV on and play a movie/video, the video plays on the TV, but the sound only plays through the Z10 speakers and not through the A/V receiver, even though I have HDMI Audio enabled in the Z10's Settings. If I turn the TV off, then the sound plays through the receiver as expected.

If I connect my Z10 directly to the TV, then the TV plays both the video and the audio.

In both cases, I'm using an HDMI cable with a microHDMI adapter I got at The Source (formerly Radio Shack).

When I connect my 2010 Macbook Pro (MBP) -- running Snow Leopard -- to the receiver using the same cable and port (no adapter needed), the TV plays the video and the receiver plays the audio as expected. The only weird behaviour I experience is that about 15 seconds after logging into my MBP, the screen locks and I have to log in again, as though the cable was disconnected.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !
    11-09-13 09:36 PM
    Try changing your settings on z10 Hdmi settings I had the same problem. Your receiver may have a slight output difference.

Posted by my CB10 app running on Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1323
    11-09-13 09:49 PM
    I think you may have to change the settings on your receiver. It may not be set up to stream the audio via HDMI.

Posted via CB10
    anon5645485 likes this.
    11-09-13 10:11 PM
    Try changing the audio source settings for your receiver. Most receivers look for optical or digital audio inputs even when you switch to a hdmi input
    Inputs are assignable, so just go into the menu settings and select hdmi for audio.
    anon5645485 likes this.
    11-09-13 10:35 PM
    Thanks for all your replies.

The only relevant setting in the Z10 (running 10.2) is the HDMI Audio switch, which I set to On. Are there any other settings in the Z10 I should be looking at ?

I just went into the receiver's input settings and ensured that the HDMI port #3 (the one I have the cable connected to) is the only input for the input selection that I'm using.

When I play a video using the BB player, and I select Play On, I see the HDMI option. When I select it, the video shows up on my TV in full resolution and I get an HDMI volume slider, but the audio still comes out the Z10's speaker and the receiver's display indicates that my Z10 can't output audio through HDMI.

I was able to get it working about 2 hours ago, by playing some music on my Z10 before connecting it to the receiver. But after I rebooted the Z10 and tried to reproduce the fix, the problem persisted.

I should also mention that the microHDMI socket on my Z10 is a bit too big (as was the case with my first Z10), and thus the microHDMI adapter fits a bit loose, which sometimes hampers testing of this problem.

I'll keep hammering away at it.
    11-10-13 12:52 AM
    Keep in mind, when I connect my Z10 to my receiver with an HDMI cable while the TV is turned off, and I play some music on my Z10 using the BB Music Player, then the receiver plays the audio.
    11-10-13 01:35 AM
    Keep in mind, when I connect my Z10 to my receiver with an HDMI cable while the TV is turned off, and I play some music on my Z10 using the BB Music Player, then the receiver plays the audio.
    Is the receiver passing the audio out to the TV? Try turning the tv volume up and see what happens.

Do you have tv audio out connected to the receiver by either a toslink or digital audio cable? If so, plug the Z directly to the TV and the audio stream should go back to the receiver.
    11-10-13 10:18 AM
    Is the receiver passing the audio out to the TV? Try turning the tv volume up and see what happens.
    I didn't think of that. I'll give that a shot.

Do you have tv audio out connected to the receiver by either a toslink or digital audio cable? If so, plug the Z directly to the TV and the audio stream should go back to the receiver.
    No, but I did think of trying it. I just couldn't find my optical cable. I may have given it away.

Alternatively, I could get a Z30 and a Miracast dongle/adapter for my receiver and do away with cables all together. :-)
    Last edited by bartron; 11-10-13 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Fix grammar error.
    11-10-13 11:02 AM
    Alternatively, I could get a Z30 and a Miracast dongle/adapter for my receiver and do away with cables all together. :-)
    I just realized that I may not have to do that. I was able to connect my Z10 to my TV using WiFi-Direct and play a video. So if it's sending surround sound to my TV in that case, then I can just use an optical cable to connect the audio out of my TV to my receiver.
    11-10-13 11:12 AM
    Try changing Hdmi display modes it worked for me when I plugged into another tv,it showed video but no audio then I messed around with them then it wotked

Posted by my CB10 app running on Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1323
    11-10-13 11:25 AM
    So I got around to connecting an optical cable from my TV to my receiver and then connecting my Z10 to my TV via HDMI. It works. The video is displayed on my TV and the sound comes out from my receiver. However, due to a limitation of my TV, the TV will only send stereo sound to my receiver. :-( At least it's better than having the sound come from my phone's speaker.

I consider that solution a workaround, though. I'll still try to figure out how to get my Z10 to play nice with my receiver.
    11-13-13 04:44 PM
    I have the BB Music Gateway, a bt device. I have my z10/playbook paired to the Gateway. I hook the hdmi cable to either device and the other end goes into an hdmi switchbox. I send the sound to the gateway.
    11-13-13 11:54 PM