I just installed a Samsung Ezon 2920 door deadbolt. It's Nfc powered. I can program Nfc cards to unlock the door, as well as getting the lock to acknowledge the z10 during programing. Yet when I go to tap the phone to unlock the door I can't get the lock to acknowledge the Nfc from the phone.

My question: is there a program to enable the Nfc "card emulation " function of the z10?
    07-10-13 07:53 PM
    I believe there's an app in BlackBerry World. I've used something that can do that but don't remember if it was a trial. Or you can be really technical and find out the code that you're sending out and copy that into Smart tags.
    07-10-13 08:04 PM
    I have this same lock and have used my z10 to unlock it using the Nfc Tool dev demo app. It definitely works but you have to turn it on each time or just leave the app running in emulation mode.

It's not available on BlackBerry World. You have to download it from the dev repository and side load. I'm using 5.0.1:

https://github.com/blackberry/Cascad...able-bar-files

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 11:24 PM
    Awesome, thank you!

How are you liking the lock?
    07-11-13 09:06 PM
    I've tried a couple of these electronic locks before and the Samsung is by far the nicest. Admittedly I've never used any of the expensive $400+ commercial type ones. The only thing I don't like about it is if you try to lock it and it's not successful (i.e. door isn't pulled closed all the way), you might not notice. Usually you close the door, hit lock and walk off.

Well, when you do this and it fails, there's a ~2 second delay while the lock figures out that the bolt is blocked and then it plays the error tone from the speaker inside the house. By then, you're probably 2-3 steps away and there's no way you'd hear it. With a normal key lock you know if it locks or not because they key won't turn if the door isn't in the right position. So anyway, make sure you pull your door fully shut before trying to lock it.

It's become too much of a hassle to use my Z10 to unlock the door because I have to start the app every time. This has nothing to do with the Z10's NFC function, but I think what I'll do is get a case of some sort that I can slip the Samsung NFC tab into or perhaps buy an NFC sticker I can put on my phone.
    07-13-13 07:05 AM
    Just got around to loading the app. looks neat, but i admit i cant figure out how to emulate a tag. or if I need to set certain variables under the emulate tag option for it to work with the door lock.
    08-14-13 11:13 AM
    Did you ever get the z10 working with the SHS-2920?

I've got my lock installed, and working well with the two included tags. I installed the NFC Tool linked to above, and selected "Emulate Tag", but when I tried to register the phone with the lock, there was no sign from the lock that it recognized that the phone was even there.

Is there something specific I have to enter in the Emulate Tag config to get it to work?
    11-02-13 07:44 PM
    I don't know if it makes any difference at all but mine is a SHS-3420 and it works fine doing exactly what you described. When you emulate a tag, first try just the default tag url value and see if that makes a difference. If you have a phone case, try just your bare phone. I trashed a case cutting it up to try to get it to work, but only had luck with bare phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 01:34 PM
    Hi did you try to make sure the smart tags app is open during your programming? I manage to get my Ezon SHS-2320 to work with my Z10, and it open my door just fine, you can view my video at BBRY4U | The #1 BlackBerry news and Information
    01-05-14 01:27 AM