I mistakenly posted this in the q10 forum.....

I installed the CIBC mobile payment app a few days ago, I tried it at the local beer store and it worked fine. The lady behind the counter said to me "how old are you? I'm 42 and I didn't know you could do that with a phone ".

I am 73 but it I do like to keep up with technology .

I did feel good that it worked fine.

I tried it again a few days later at Macdonalds but it didn't work that time, I realized later that I had a case on the phone the second time. I tried it without the case at another Macdonalds and it worked ok.
    Obviously the phone may need to be naked in order for it to work effectively.

I do have a 4500 mAh battery but was using the original battery when I was trying the app. Has anyone had any luck with NFC with the larger battery?

I took a couple of photographs of the two back covers, the stock cover and the larger cover that comes with the 4500 mah battery.

On the stock cover the brass contacts for the NFC are separate of course why not, the brass contact on the larger cover is one solid piece, is this why NFC doesnt work with this cover.
    Attached Thumbnails Using the NFC-larger-cover-4500mha.jpg   Using the NFC-stock-cover.jpg  
    06-18-14 09:47 AM
    I've never seen one of the larger covers but I can't believe it would work if there was only one large contact that bridged (and short-circuited) the two spring-loaded pins on the main body. It might be worth testing out with someone else's BB10 phone or with the BlackBerry Music Gateway, if you have one of those.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 01:14 PM
    There's a thread or two about this already, and from my recollection there was one person who claimed to get NFC to work by dividing the contact pad on the extended battery door, but everyone else (including me) who tried could not get it to work.
    06-18-14 01:34 PM
    I have divided the contact pad on my back cover and it shows as On. I have not tried it to see if it works.
    06-18-14 10:57 PM
    I have the mugen 4500 on mine and nfc has worked fine since I got it close to 8 months ago
    06-18-14 11:18 PM
    Rcsgolf. I wonder could you take photograph of the contacts on the back cover

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    06-19-14 01:38 PM
    I did separate the contact pad however still couldn't get the NFC to work. Would like to find out who makes these and to ask them directly about the problem.
    06-24-14 07:47 AM