From last few weeks I'm searching on the web for any possible solutions but still now no luck.
    The problem is I can charge the Z10 from PC USB connection but no other USB connections like USB mass storage and connection to BB Link / Blend is not getting established.

I installed BB Link and Blend on my system and connected the Z10, but it says no device found. Even on Blackberry device manager (opened from taskbar notification area) it doesn't show any device connection but at the same time it's charging from the USB port.

Few notes:
    1. I can access my files using Wifi share.
    2. OS version is 10.3.1
    3. No SD Card is installed
    4. I accessed my Z10 internal storage without any driver in past.
    5. I can see a greyed out 'Removable disk' in My computer (Windows 7 x64) if I connect Z10 with USB mass storage.
    6. Charge only mode is off

I'm planning to reinstall the OS if I don't get any solutions.
    09-02-15 03:30 AM
    definitely reinstall the OS
    09-02-15 07:50 AM
    Any possible way to backup my Contacts? I'm not bothered about other data.
    09-02-15 09:32 AM
    An OS reinstall may be the best option, but there are a couple of points that need to be made.

First of all, "mass storage mode" is not available for internal storage. That is only available for an installed SD card. If you don't have an SD card installed, then you should not even see that option (or its grayed out and the switch inactive).

Notice the description for that option is (in 10.3.2)...

"This will allow you to access your media card (when available) as if your device is a USB drive"

Emphasis, mine. In the BlackBerry world, the "media card" is the SD card.

The ONLY way to access the internal storage on a PC is if the drivers are installed properly so that when you do plug in the phone, internal storage shows up as a network drive - typically as the "Z:" network drive. That is the only way internal storage will show up on a PC.

If the drivers aren't already installed, when you plug the phone in, a screen pops up on the phone asking if you want to install the drivers right from the phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 10:02 AM
    I did a OS reinstall but nothing changed. Still BB Link doesn't detect the phone but all other functionalities are working as expected.
    09-02-15 04:20 PM
    I use mine as a network device. You can't get to everything on the internal storage but you can some.

USB connectivity issue-network-1.png

USB connectivity issue-network-2.png

USB connectivity issue-network-3.png

USB connectivity issue-network.png
    09-02-15 04:33 PM
    Could you tell me exactly which driver you are using. Mine model is STL-3. More suspicious part is why the Blackberry Link is not able to detect the device?
    Last edited by hypheni; 09-03-15 at 06:06 AM.
    09-03-15 05:35 AM
    Could you tell me exactly which driver you are using. Mine model is STL-3. More suspicious part is why the Blackberry Link is not able to detect the device?
    Me? No driver. Just in. Device connections, allow connections. In storage and access, access using WiFi. Make a password.

When you go to Network on your PC double click your phone. Put in BlackBerry as user name and whatever password you made.
    09-03-15 11:08 AM
    Yes, that way it's working for me too. I'm looking for a USB solution.
    09-03-15 11:41 AM
    The only drivers I use are the ones that come with the current Blend/Link installation files from the BlackBerry website.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-04-15 06:48 AM
    Just re-enabling this thread as I have found some more info regarding this issue. I can connect my Z10 with Linux where it's detecting as a network drive. I can access the entire inbuilt media card. But the same is not accessible from Windows nor the BB Link is dtecting the device on Windows. There is defenitely some driver problem on Windows. Anyone have any ideas?

My device is STL-3 with 10.2.1
    09-13-15 07:58 AM
    09-13-15 08:27 AM
    You hit the correct door. Thanks for sharing those links. It worked after a lot of R&D and time. Thanks once again.

So, I'm thinking whether it's the problem of BB Software or Windows OS that it cannot configure the driver properly.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-15-15 08:30 AM