The z10 has a great keyboard and browser, however it's lacking severely in the productivity/entertainment app dept.

Posted via CB10
    Has very good entertainment now! Some excellent productivity apps, with more to come.

Please stay relavent.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 03:52 PM
    No it is better, use one or ask Kevin O'Leary. The judgment is in!

Posted via CB10
    I purchased one! Solid device

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W and R Field like this.
    03-30-13 03:54 PM
    No it is better, use one or ask Kevin O'Leary. The judgment is in!

Posted via CB10
    The same Kevin O'Leary that was mocked here for his perceived anti-BBRY views a short while ago?

Will his endorsement mean as much if/when he switches devices by Summer?
    03-30-13 03:55 PM
    Has very good entertainment now! Some excellent productivity apps, with more to come.

Please stay relavent.

Posted via CB10
    No it doesn't but that's okay. No biggie I knew the app situation before I purchased my device.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-30-13 03:58 PM
    I am a teacher in middle school, I had the opposite experience. My colleagues loved the phone, but the majority of them can't change phones because they have like a year or more for an upgrade. My 8th grade students were like, ma'am you have the new blackberry, cool. The students loved the keyboard. One of my students said that he's been begging his mom for the Z10.
    missing_K-W, ErinnM and gritsinct like this.
    03-30-13 04:04 PM
    I will never own any Apple product personally, not because they don't make good products, but more how they treat their customers like mindless zombies and not giving them any choices and thinking that they always know what's best for their customers.
    Well to be fair, I don't think the public was demanding a gesture-based phone with a centralilzed Hub either, yet that's what BlackBerry has decided is best for people
    raysgrumpy and JeepBB like this.
    03-30-13 04:07 PM
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I'd admit it, I'm an Apple hater. I hate Apple and all that it stands for in its current form today. It is arrogant, brutish, brash, bully etc. It wasn't always this way, but today, I will never own any Apple product personally, not because they don't make good products, but more how they treat their customers like mindless zombies and not giving them any choices and thinking that they always know what's best for their customers.
    Funnily enough, I've heard disillusioned folks say similar things about BBRY with regards to thinking it knows what's best for its customers.

FTR, I don't think that's bad. Customer adoption will let a company know very quickly how plugged in the company is.
    03-30-13 04:14 PM
    They will have to do loads of work to get the same market penetration they loved years ago. I see little interest to a with the one I carry.
    03-30-13 04:19 PM
    Oh I shouldn't have planted the seed that they are holding on to a boring device because everyone around them "wears" the same corporate uniform. How soon you've forgotten the Apple Big Brother Superbowl ad, which did exactly what I did.

Android holders need to be continually reminded the phone is exposing their privacy to Google which it uses to make money. Some don't care but some will start to realize there is cause to be concerned.

To bad if you don't like I'm making fun of them for being stuck on a railway to nowhere with their iPhone. Until people feel shame and humiliation for their choices, they aren't likely to change. At least not as quickly as BlackBerry needs them to.

I'm working on a young person in my family to get them off the iPhone. That approach is with conversation and logic. The appropriate approach for someone less experienced in life.
    so you think by making people feel "shame" about their phone choice will make then change to another device? And do you actually think little comments like that make them feel shameful? More likely they laugh it off and think you are insecure about YOUR phone choice that you resort to the comments you made. Sorry bro but I just dont get anything you are trying to convery here.
    03-30-13 04:22 PM
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I'd admit it, I'm an Apple hater. I hate Apple and all that it stands for in its current form today. It is arrogant, brutish, brash, bully etc. It wasn't always this way, but today, I will never own any Apple product personally, not because they don't make good products, but more how they treat their customers like mindless zombies and not giving them any choices and thinking that they always know what's best for their customers.
    I'm the same way. I can't stand that Apple will sue anyone for anything. I think they make good products. I just don't think they are nice people.
    03-30-13 04:23 PM
    The same Kevin O'Leary that was mocked here for his perceived anti-BBRY views a short while ago?

Will his endorsement mean as much if/when he switches devices by Summer?
    Yes!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 04:23 PM
    USA will be fine!!! It is catching on now after a few days of a "slow start" supposedly. People (especially iSheep, gauge everything by if you stand in line for it !!! ) once word spreads, this is going to take off! the marketing and ads are about to heat up people! Watch out
    No amount of marketing will help if a potential BlackBerry subscriber goes into a store and the first thing they hear is "Oh, you really don't want a BlackBerry" or "Did you know they are going Bankrupt".

Posted via CB10
    howarmat, anon(153966) and brout like this.
    03-30-13 04:28 PM
    Once there is 1 million+ Z10's in the wild in the US traction should really pick up. Same thing happened in Canada and UK. Lackluster launches. Once people show colleagues, friends/ family. This product will move well
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-30-13 04:34 PM
    Funny how when Apple iPhone fans and the media report on long lines for the iPhone, some people call those lining up "iSheep" and say how the iPhone was overly hyped but when the media report "some lines" for the Z10 in the UK when it launched and that some stores had "sold out", people who use the term iSheep start to cheer the Z10's popularity.
    03-30-13 04:38 PM
    One of my students said that he's been begging his mom for the Z10.
    Probably the same kid begging his mom for a VHS copy of Skyfall.
    03-30-13 04:41 PM
    Don't know why iphone fans are so worried about blackberry. Coming to this forum to put down Blackberry. Where I am from iphone needs to worry about Galaxy phones they are out selling the iphones. Go to any store here and people are all gathered around the Galaxy 3 or Galaxy note 2 phones. One of my nieces already gave up her iphone for a Galaxy Note and my nephew is waiting for the Galaxy 4.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    03-30-13 04:47 PM
    BB is going to need some prominent product placement in weekly TV programs like NCIS or Person of Interest to show the unique and awesome features. Straight advertising just doesn't do it anymore. People need to see it in action. The Samsung ads bashing the iPhone are clever. Can BB do something similar? Probably too costly and ineffective. It would take a huge amount of spend and I doubt it would pry people away from the anticipation of the galaxy S 4 and iPhone 5S.
    03-30-13 04:53 PM
    Everything changes. That's why there are options.

People will get sick with Apple and android OS and will want a refreshing change. Something that is similar to what they are used to but that has an edge and that product I truly believe is BB10 and the new line of devices that have/will hit the market.

IMO the Z10 is already a success.

BlackBerry needs to get a strong TV marketing campaign going for them. They are on the coattails of an ongoing war between Apple & Samsung and if done the right way could sneak in and steal the show.

Pounding commercials every channel every day on the hour. This is the easiest way to gain market share. End of story.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 04:53 PM
    I was on my way to get groceries today and my route passes a T-mobile shop. I was walking with my girlfriend so I walked ahead, and stepped in, knowing that she would rather hang out outside, or I would catch up with her at the market. I looked at the mock-up they had, asked the sales woman who quickly came to my aid if they had the demo behind the counter, and asked her how many they had sold since release. She thought they had sold one, it wasn't her sale though. I asked her if she had tried the device, she hadn't. I suggested she give it a try, because even the typing experience was superlative. I thanked her and left to my intended duties.

On the walk back past the store, I laughed at how I've been brainwashed into becoming a BBRY/Crackberry minion. Thought you guys would get a kick out of the story.
    Vorkosigan and gritsinct like this.
    03-30-13 05:03 PM
    On the walk back past the store, I laughed at how I've been brainwashed into becoming a BBRY/Crackberry minion. Thought you guys would get a kick out of the story.
    well, it does take a village to raise a child. good job!
    03-30-13 05:08 PM
    It will be a up hill battle for Blackberry here in the US but not because of their bad reputation but rather due to the very good reputation established by Apple and the Android OS. They have developed a strong position in our market and anyone seeking to unseat them will have to be in it for the long haul as many of you have already said. There are four very good platforms to choose from now and every one of them have some strong selling points; none of them will be good for everyone.
    momofteme likes this.
    03-30-13 05:22 PM
    I've stopped by a verizon store and couple of Best Buy stores in my area. Mostly young folks working in sales. Asked them how they liked the Z10 and they were positive...but had not done anything with the phones since training. All three stores have said the same thing "XXXXX is our BlackBerry person and has been using the Z10. They really like it". It will take time, but I think it will begin to catch on. BB needs to appease their base by proving they can make a solid OS, and then break through with a "Wow" factor product in the coming year to attract new users.
    Francis Pavolko and jrohland like this.
    03-30-13 05:35 PM
    Getting the z10/q10 in popular figures hands would help a lot Obama/Bieber/kim kardashian. Anybody know if they're undergoing testing with the US and Canadian governments?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    03-30-13 05:49 PM
    Lots of work, until then, works for me, short BB is the trade for profits!
    03-30-13 05:59 PM
    There is one thing that most of us believe on these threads. If you get this phone into people's hands, it will sell itself. Look what happened with Kevin O' Leary. It would be great if they could convey this in a series of commercials somehow? On top of all that, BlackBerry needs advertising that people actually talk about. The current commercial is effective for a few weeks as an introduction, but they need to evolve now.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:03 PM
236 12345 ...