Hi CB people,

I'm on my second z10 after losing the first one while on a trip. Since I was abroad and my data was off , I was unable to use bb protect to disable or wipe the phone. Now, the problem:

When I tried to restore the back up data from the BlackBerry Link on my desktop using the switch devices option , it's asking me to plug in the old device, which I obviously don't have! I've got my contacts etc restored from my active exchange but would still like the pictures and setting etc from my link ( especially since I've lost my memory card which was partially backed up on my link, when I lost the phone). Can someone help recover the link data?

Also, 10.2.1.2941 update has failed after 2 attempts. What do I do?

A small but niggling issue. I'm unable to edit any number on the call screen ( for eg if you cut paste from a mail and try to edit the country code etc it doesn't give an option to move within the digits. Is there a fix for this?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 02:27 PM
    Hi CB people,

I'm on my second z10 after losing the first one while on a trip. Since I was abroad and my data was off , I was unable to use bb protect to disable or wipe the phone. Now, the problem:

When I tried to restore the back up data from the BlackBerry Link on my desktop using the switch devices option , it's asking me to plug in the old device, which I obviously don't have! I've got my contacts etc restored from my active exchange but would still like the pictures and setting etc from my link ( especially since I've lost my memory card which was partially backed up on my link, when I lost the phone). Can someone help recover the link data?

Also, 10.2.1.2941 update has failed after 2 attempts. What do I do?

A small but niggling issue. I'm unable to edit any number on the call screen ( for eg if you cut paste from a mail and try to edit the country code etc it doesn't give an option to move within the digits. Is there a fix for this?

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss. That must have been terrible! I'll TRY to help, but I have not tested this myself.

Try to find the most recent backup file from link on your PC. It should have a .bbb file extension. Plug the new phone in and restore the Media files (and I guess anything else you'd like to get back).

As far as the update, I guess that is from your carrier, right? If not, you'll probably have to load the leaked version of the OS.

I cannot answer the edit phone number question. I'm sorry.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-02-14 02:38 PM
    Instead of using the device switch wizard, just use the restore option. Your not actually switching devices, but rather trying to restore content from another device,
    FF22 likes this.
    07-02-14 02:42 PM
    Please try to locate the back up file stored on the computer and restore using that.
    07-05-14 01:12 PM