Anyone else repeatedly (and unknowingly) try to unlock their Z10 upside down at first??? Lol

Just me?
    Edward in Toronto likes this.
    03-23-13 08:42 PM
    i've done that plenty of times... lol. i feel dumb, but then it's all good.
    03-23-13 08:43 PM
    Of course we all have.
    Stephen Green likes this.
    03-23-13 09:31 PM
    Definitely

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 10:45 PM
    Wait a second, doesn't BB10 auto rotate? Shouldn't it just rotate and let you unlock it while you are holding it upside down?
    03-24-13 12:04 AM
    Wait a second, doesn't BB10 auto rotate? Shouldn't it just rotate and let you unlock it while you are holding it upside down?
    Not if it's locked?
    03-24-13 12:13 AM
    Not if it's locked?
    Do you mean rotate-locked or just screen locked?
    Isn't that odd? Every other device I have - including my current Playbook that I love using on a daily basis - auto rotates while locked. ipad does this, I never used an iphone so I am not sure if it does, but I am pretty sure that if iPad does others would as well.
    03-24-13 12:19 AM
    Anyone else miss the PlayBook and being able to use it in any orientation? I used to flip it upside down while charging because it is more comfortable that way. The z10 only allows portrait right side up

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-24-13 12:46 AM
    Anyone else miss the PlayBook and being able to use it in any orientation? I used to flip it upside down while charging because it is more comfortable that way. The z10 only allows portrait right side up

Posted via CB10
    That's because it matters of. The phone. Imagine using the phone upside down and a call comes in, you then answer the phone, but because everything auto-rotated to be "right side up" you are now talking to your speaker and listening to you microphone. This is why I would expect it to only work in portrait in one orientation.
    03-24-13 01:54 AM
    Yes done that s few times, before I got flip case. Now not an issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 03:28 AM
    Especially since the Z10 looks exactly the way in any orientation. There are no details that would even remotely hint at where is up and where is down. Like, say, a text branding, or an on/off button, or a speaker-cutout looking different than the microphone. BB should not have made it that hard to identify up and down!
    03-24-13 03:31 AM
    Haha yes. Good one.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 03:31 AM
    Omg happens to me every day

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 05:03 AM
    I've done this once or twice. I also found myself tapping on notification icons on the lock screen when I first got it, expecting them to open lol
    03-24-13 06:09 AM
    Especially since the Z10 looks exactly the way in any orientation. There are no details that would even remotely hint at where is up and where is down. Like, say, a text branding, or an on/off button, or a speaker-cutout looking different than the microphone. BB should not have made it that hard to identify up and down!
    Sorry, I don't follow you.

On the face, even with the screen turned off, the name Blackberry is clearly emblazoned in bright metallic font at the bottom of the screen. If you held it any way but correctly, you wouldn't be able to read that name. In addition, the face camera is clearly visible at the top of the screen, as is the speaker.

On the right hand edge when the glass is facing you, the volume buttons are at the top of the side.

On the left hand edge, the usb ports are nearer the bottom of the side than the top.

On the top edge, the on-off-screen off button is clearly visible as is the headphone jack.

On the back, in addition to the Blackberry logo in bright metallic finish (if you're at all familiar with it you'd know which side of the dots are rounded and which side is flat), the back camera and flash are at the top.

I'm not too sure which phone you're used to, but I don't know any of them that have 'this side up' emblazoned on them... just sayin'...
    03-24-13 06:22 AM
    Hang on. Isn't the big clue here that the BlackBerry branding at the bottom of the display would not only be at the top of the phone, it would be upside down?

Specsavers anyone! Hehe! ; )

Posted via CB10 via my awesome Zed (or is that Zee?)10
    03-24-13 06:35 AM
    DAY 1000 I think you need to turn on your sarcasm detector. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:37 AM
    DAY 1000 I think you need to turn on your sarcasm detector. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    You know, I think you've got a point there, LOL.

Shouldn't be posting on CB before I make my coffee!

Sorry about that K00na...
    03-24-13 06:43 AM