I can't decide if I should get a BlackBerry Z10 or an Android phone for more, better apps. I've been pondering this question for 2 months...what should I do...get a Z10, Moto X, Samsung S4 mini, or a Sony Xperia ZL/SP? I'm not really big on games or social media, so what is the right kind of phone to get?
    01-13-14 08:45 PM
    I would say either go to the store and mess around with the phones or watch some you tube videos and see what each one is about. You may see one that really stands out in your eyes. It really depends on what you like and not what everyone else thinks.

Sent from my XT1080 using CB Forums mobile app
    red5gary likes this.
    01-13-14 08:51 PM
    I can't decide if I should get a BlackBerry Z10 or an Android phone for more, better apps. I've been pondering this question for 2 months...what should I do...get a Z10, Moto X, Samsung S4 mini, or a Sony Xperia ZL/SP? I'm not really big on games or social media, so what is the right kind of phone to get?
    I have a Z10 and a S4 right now. For the most part, I like the Z10 more.

Obviously, Android has a lot more apps but the few apps that I actually need that BlackBerry World doesn't offer, I was able to install via Snap / Amazon App Store / 1 Mobile Market.

I use my phone mainly for texting, emails, calling, GPS, and music. I have a few games on there but I rarely play them.

Most of the Android apps that can be installed on Blackberry phones typically work well. The only real advantage my S4 has over my Z10 is the battery life.

The main reasons why I'm sticking with my Z10: Blackberry Hub, Peek and Flow, and Lock Screen Notifications.
    red5gary likes this.
    01-13-14 08:55 PM
    If you want the apps you already know the answer. I have a Z10 and a nexus 5 and when I know I have a busy day ahead work wise with emails and texts the sim card goes into the Z10. Biggest problem I have is the lack of intergration with Google on the Z10, which I need for work with Gmail, drive, etc. I know there's a lot of ways around that but it's so much easier with the nexus. With all that being said I love both phones equally and for different reasons, therefore I'm doing something I said I never would...owning two phones at once.

Posted via CB10
    red5gary likes this.
    01-13-14 08:58 PM
    Thanks for the tip...good to know that info. -r5g
    01-13-14 09:03 PM
    I have been trying to help a coworker who was led into buying an android for the last few days and I can't believe how hard it is to do stuff. There really is nothing like the Hub for messages, the lock screen notifications, the Active frames for running apps... This lady had four instances of 4pics1word running at the same time and didn't know it!
    Get the Z10, load the latest 10.2 and Snap and you will have the best wireless device available.

Posted via Crack-a-lackin' 10.2.1.1925
    Q10Bold and red5gary like this.
    01-13-14 09:05 PM
    Truth is, I really want to like my S4 more than my Z10, but I just can't.

I actually like Android a lot. My S4 has a lot more customization, better hardware, a few over-the-top features that are impressive but I would never use, and widgets.

But I just keep going back to BlackBerry. It works better for what I need.
    01-13-14 09:25 PM
    Get all of them?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 09:49 PM
    Get all of them?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this. Or be like my daughter. Z10 phone with a Samsung tablet. She uses her tablet less and less though.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-13-14 11:24 PM
    How good is the Z10 battery during the whole day on an average use? Can you delete the social media apps if you want to on the Z10?
    01-13-14 11:24 PM
    How good is the Z10 battery during the whole day on an average use? Can you delete the social media apps if you want to on the Z10?
    I love the Z10 but strongly advise in getting the charger & extra battery kit if you decide to purchase one. I don't even think about charging the phone anymore. You can delete some of the social aps. If not, you can organize the hub to not include them. I just make a folder for unwanted stuff I may use at a later date.

Posted via CB10
    red5gary likes this.
    01-13-14 11:33 PM
    Battery life varies drastically imo. I would play with live models in the store and you should have a bre period if you don't like it. Also YouTube them for a look at features etc. Social media apps can be deleted.

? Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925 on AT&T
    red5gary likes this.
    01-13-14 11:36 PM
    I'll be completely honest here. Security and privacy matter to me. I do not want a Google dominated environment that comes with Gmail and Google services. I've used both a Nexus 7 tablet and a Z10. The whole Google ecosystem creeps me out. There are more and more reports of Android/Google systems invading privacy. Sure, I know people will say you can control all of this through your permissions. Perhaps, but I'm not convinced. Simply, I don't trust Android and Google. So for me it's BlackBerry, period. It works for me. You have to decide what matters to you.

Posted via CB10
    red5gary likes this.
    01-13-14 11:37 PM
    I have had my Z10 since June and it is the best for my needs. Not a big apps person but I do have all the apps I need and a few extra. I've had no problems with my Z10 and have been in contact no matter where I have traveled. Make a list of the things that are important to you & go try them all. Good Luck... Rocking with my Z10 & 64GB Playbook.
    alan510 and red5gary like this.
    01-13-14 11:39 PM
    I picked up a Playbook over a year ago when they were cheap $130 sale and still use it everyday...more than my old BB Curve. Another reason maybe to get a Z10 so I can sync them together. I'm an old BB user and like using them but need to get a better phone now. My old curve is way to slow n showing its age.
    01-13-14 11:47 PM
    Really depends on what you really want. If apps and specs are priority that go for android. If you want a good phone for communication than BlackBerry 10 phones are a great choice. I have to say, that BlackBerry went long way with their new devices and while they might be little bit clunky at release, they are very usable now and even the app situation got better (some stuff still needs to be improved though) .

Posted via CB10
    red5gary likes this.
    01-13-14 11:56 PM
    I picked up a Playbook over a year ago when they were cheap $130 sale and still use it everyday...more than my old BB Curve. Another reason maybe to get a Z10 so I can sync them together. I'm an old BB user and like using them but need to get a better phone now. My old curve is way to slow n showing its age.
    Get a Z10, and never look back! Seriously, it will be able to meet all your needs. My battery life is 6-8 hours with heavy use, and 12-16 hours with light use. But keep in mind that's typical for full touchscreen devices, with the Z30 being the exception. I also have the Blackberry battery bundle to cover that. I've had my Z10 coming up on 11 months and still love it! The keyboard, the hub, screen quality, just all feels like butter. Good luck!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    red5gary likes this.
    01-14-14 12:13 AM
    I currently own a droid maxx and a z10 but like them both for different reasons.

Sent from my XT1080 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-14-14 12:34 AM
    I have used iPhone 5 for 9 months before I jumped off to BB Z10. No doubt, iphone 5 is a great phone.. Apps, hardware, smoothness of screen etc BUT the moment I held Z10 in my hands, I decided that THIS is the phone I always wanted. Below are few reasons why I LOVE my Z10 so much

1. The HUB. It's magical(In Apple's lingo).. Unified inbox.. Really a time-saver
    2. Peek, revolutionary(again in Apple's lingo) .. I don't need to quit from an application to see what's coming up
    3. Active frames..Most of the native apps run buttery smooth
    4. The active search.. Shows thumbnails of the applications and you can launch apps quickly
    5. The iconic red notification light
    6. The official release of 10.2.1 is around the corner post which all Android apps can be executed
    7. Form factor of Z10 is just right
    8. Removable battery a HUGE plus point

I will add in few more soon....
    01-14-14 01:28 AM
    I have said this many times on various Z10 forums this is a good phone, checking Blackberry's site here in the UK for 149 pounds or so, it is in my mind a steal. I had a upgrade from my Bold, and I was thinking which phone, Apple was the furthest from my mind, Android I did not have the best experience the first time, Windows your kidding, when I seen the Z10 I just liked it. Since August not one single issue, I have placed 32 Ultra SD card in it, and it is my little office phone, but it is up to the individual, but I would certainly recommend it. If there was one issue and this is with all smart phones, battery life could be better, but at that price, purchase a battery chargers and few spare batteries, your all set to go.
    01-14-14 02:43 AM
    My buddy keeps telling me to get an iPhone and yet I keep coming back to Blackberry...maybe because I've been using one for the past three years. My friend, which we will call "D" keeps harping on me, why keep going with a dying company with one foot in the grave...better off going with Android if you can't get an iPhone. I told "D" once you use a BlackBerry, you become a fan. I don't think BlackBerry is going under anytime soon and I believe they have a good fighting chance to survive. Apple honestly doesn't appeal to me but Android kind of does mainly because of there better apps. So right now I'm kind of torn between getting a Moto X or Z10. I believe those are the 2 phones on the top of my list right now. If it's easy to side-load apps on the Z10, then maybe pick that one. The question now is, if I decide to pick the Z10...do I go with the black or white model?
    01-14-14 02:44 AM
    Get all of them?

Posted via CB10
    TITCR!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 02:45 AM
    Z30 throw the leak on and you'll be amazed. The battery and speakers are worth the extra money !! Good luck !!

Sent from white Z30!!
    01-14-14 03:57 AM
    Go with the white and pick up a black battery door. Normally I prefer black phones but the "oreo" looks really nice.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 06:53 AM
    Get yourself a Z30. it is much better than the Z10. Nothing wrong with the Z10 just the Z30 is sooo much better.
    01-14-14 07:03 AM
26 12