I think my 2 year discount eligibility hits today. Quick history on my phones. A year and a half ago started:

Lumia 822>razrm>htc8x>gs3

All within 4 months on carrier. Then to the z10 for 6 months. Went to an HTC dna briefly, then back to a z10. It is the only phone I ever felt regret trading away.

However just a month ago I scored a killer deal on a lumia 928 hut unfortunately my daughter shattered it. Windows phone 8.1 was good and Damn did I love the lumia camera.

So now I have my upgrade I'm thinking of going for a lumia icon. They've alreafy released an update for 8.1 and the hardware is beautiful.

I've lived my blackberry but I don't know if I can justify another $100 over the icon right now to go to the z30. About the only android phone I would consider would be the one m8 but that would be for hardware and the yahoo fantasy app pretty much.

Any thoughts or opinions from z10/blackberry lovers.

Posted via CB10
    Jeremy Carr likes this.
    08-11-14 09:15 AM
    You can get the Z30 from Amazon for $49 for a new line and $89 for an upgrade, both for a two-year deal. Can't do much better than that.

Verizon BlackBerry Z30
    08-11-14 09:27 AM
    Sounds like your trading the phone away in a few months regardless. So get the best phone you can get, so you can trade it for something as good!
    mkelley65 likes this.
    08-11-14 09:31 AM
    Get the phone you really want now. Luckily, as time goes on, phones lose value. So if you feel like switching it up later on get a used Z30 or even a One M8. Enjoy whatever it is you choose.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-11-14 09:35 AM
    So I admittedly have an addiction to new tech, but always go back to tech that works well. I will never own another Samsung or LG phone. And have no desire to use an iPhone.

I would not consider myself loyal to any company. Why would I be? They don't sponsor my use of the phone. That's about as bad as carrier loyalty.

I'm not the only one on here that likes to try new tech so thought I might get a person or two who's used the two other phones I'm considering?

Thanks for the tip on the Amazon z30 deal

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 09:36 AM
    Wait one month for passport?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 09:42 AM
    @eddy that's very true

The passport looks interesting but I'm definitely an all touch device guy.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 09:46 AM
    Wait two three months for Manitoba?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 09:50 AM
    You know, just because your upgrade date has matured doesn't mean you have to use it yet.

Just take a beat and wait another 4-6 weeks. By then BlackBerry, Apple and Samsung would have made their official announcements with released dates.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-11-14 09:56 AM
    True, I could wait. I think the short 4 days with wp8.1 just gave me enough of a taste to want to have some more time with it. In the short time I did quickly miss the keyboard and quick reply to texts in the toast notifications. It just seems the is is still slightly behind but maturing at a more rapid pace. Plus the developer preview is awesome

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 10:34 AM
    Get the Z30. You won't regret it!

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    08-11-14 02:12 PM
    Don't get the X30. The AMOLED display is garbage. Get another X10 for a friend or family member.

Failing that wait for the Passport (1 month). Or hold out a few months for the X3 (Manitoba) North American release.

Windows phone. Not even once.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-11-14 02:16 PM
    So I admittedly have an addiction to new tech, but always go back to tech that works well.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like the majority of us around here. I'd say if you're thinking about a new phone and have an addiction to new technologies why not give the passport a go when it comes out in about a month or so?

Posted via CB10 (Via limited WiFi connection)
    08-11-14 08:12 PM
    I would get what best suits your needs and budget. I too was once loyal to a brand, but now it's about being "value added".

I look at my expectations for the new device, I then look at my brand and the competition. I weight everything i.e features, warranty, reliability and last but not least the price.

Once I have sorted thru all the technical data, I then go out and test drive the devices and make my final decision. Just thought I would pass it along.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-11-14 08:33 PM
    Well, IDK about you, but me personally would go and see if GS5 is something I can get without too much cost. The display on that thing is color correct, and I'm crazy about color correction (this means that generally what you see on your monitor is also what you will see on your GS5, Z10's display does not exhibit this trait)

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    08-11-14 08:50 PM
    I would wait until the passport

Posted via my z10. "Living life on the edge"
    08-11-14 09:15 PM
    Thanks for more feedback. As much as I love bb10 I don't think the passport is a device for me.

@rae I have had terrible luck with Samsung phones. Any thoughts on the icon or one m7 or m8?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 10:14 PM
    Thanks for more feedback. As much as I love bb10 I don't think the passport is a device for me.

@rae I have had terrible luck with Samsung phones. Any thoughts on the icon or one m7 or m8?

Posted via CB10

08-11-14 10:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Would definitely go m8 or android if you aren't going bb10, I've tried windows phone....worst mobile os out there

08-11-14 10:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, their both garbage in comparison to any BB10 device.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-11-14 10:30 PM
    If there's nothing that truly interests you, just sit on that upgrade and wait. Don't upgrade for the sake of getting something new. Besides, I've found that the times I've sat on an upgrade, the carrier tends to throw all sorts of deals at you to try to entice you to re-up on a contract. When you are contact free is the only time you have real leverage and the carriers willing to play ball.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-11-14 10:39 PM
    Samsung phones are not exactly the epitome of survivability, you might want to check out one of those SONY waterproof phones or maybe get a OnePlus One depending on whether you have access to it or not. Xiaomi Mi3 or ASUS zen5 could be good

Well, unless you wanna try Amazon Firephone

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    08-12-14 02:08 AM
    The LG3 is a gorgeous looking phone

Just looking at it, makes me want to have one !
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    08-12-14 02:14 AM
    I really don't get it. You have multiple cellular phone devices, but they all are running the same Os? That's dumb and defeats the purpose of what you'd call having a different phone.

BB10_Is_So_Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
    08-12-14 02:33 AM
    Get the z30, you can't go wrong!!! The phone is amazing, the battery lasts for a couple of days, the speaker beats out all the latest htc's and the signal is never under 3 pars, even I. Remote localities!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 03:16 AM
41 12