I have had email issues,battery issues and some darn Google issue. All have been fixed due to reading the CrackBerry forums. My email issue was actually due to Google. Something happened and I could not recieve mail but I could send it. Happened twice as I cursed BlackBerry it turned out to be Google. My battery has settled down. Getting a full day. Last night I read a forum that someone had deleted his history and lost the ability to get Google search to load right. Well being a df, I had to try it. Just could not leave it alone. Toke ne an hour to fix it. Oh yeah BlackBerry has a Telus communication issue which I found a fix for. The 10.1 update worked in Europe with another similar card but the data was not working with Telus. Do I blame BlackBerry or Telus. I would think Telus.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 05:15 PM
    I am running 10.1.0.273 on a Telus STL100-3 Z10. I can verify that there is still an issue with Telus SMTP. I can not send new or reply to received emails on my TELUS account unless wifi is turned off. I can however send and reply to received emails if I am attached to my home wifi network which happens to be on a TELUS account. It will not work on any other wifi outside of my home unless I turn off the wifi.

This is an issue. I shouldn't have to be shutting off the wireless just to send an email.

I have also had issues with the browser not working. I've been sitting in a restaurant with 4GLTE wireless service and no internet connection with my girlfriend sitting across from me on her 9800 with full internet through the wireless, that is really frustrating. When you buy the next generation of phone you expect it to be better than the last generation it terms of connectivity.
    06-03-13 06:42 PM
    I contacted Telus and they told me to change my SMTP Port to 1025 with SMTP Encryption off. It's a new update and it works.
    06-03-13 10:39 PM
    I am running 10.1.0.273 on a Telus STL100-3 Z10. I can verify that there is still an issue with Telus SMTP. I can not send new or reply to received emails on my TELUS account unless wifi is turned off. I can however send and reply to received emails if I am attached to my home wifi network which happens to be on a TELUS account. It will not work on any other wifi outside of my home unless I turn off the wifi.

This is an issue. I shouldn't have to be shutting off the wireless just to send an email.

99% of the time the reason for that is that you have configured your email accounts to send out using your mobile carrier's (Telus in this case) SMTP server, and you can only use that while you are connected to that mobile carrier. (either via the mobile data connection, or on a home account using the same company's service, as you have discovered.)

The usual fix is to use your non-Telus email provider's outgoing SMTP server. But the wrinkle in the BB10 case is when you hit the outbound SMTP bug in BB10. It seems that that bug was fixed in some 10.0 firmware releases, but re-appeared in some 10.1 firmware releases. Right now the only workarounds are to either temporarily use your mobile carrier's SMTP server to send outgoing email (turning off authentication often works around the bug, but that isn't feasible on an "open internet" connected email server), use a different sending protocol (ie Exchange ActiveSync), or use a 3rd-party email client for sending. (ie the port of K9email in Blackberry World)

I have also had issues with the browser not working. I've been sitting in a restaurant with 4GLTE wieless service and no internet connection with my girlfriend sitting across from me on her 9800 with full internet through the wireless, that is really frustrating. When you buy the next generation of phone you expect it to be better than the last generation it terms of connectivity.

There is no general "no internet access" issue with the BB10 devices that I am aware of. There are a lot of variables that might cause such symptoms in some particular scenario.
    06-03-13 11:45 PM
    I tried the 1025 port. It didn?t work.

This sucks. I don't have a non Telus email provider. Telus is my provider for phone and my email accounts.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 12:15 PM
    Did you enter smtp user name and password? Before we left that part blank, but now you have to enter it.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 01:57 PM
    Hi,

I am a new owner of a Blackberry Q10 and at first the email worked. I managed to send and receive emails. Now, I am stuck like you guys too, I can only receive emails and is unable to send any out.

I am using M1 (Singapore) and trying to connect to my Singnet email.

Server address : pop.singnet.com.sg
    Port : 110
    SSL : off

SMTP Server address : mail.singnet.com.sg
    SMTP Port : 25
    SMPT Encryption : off

This is the official settings written for this Singnet and I really have no idea what to do next.
    06-10-13 01:05 PM
    Hi,

I am a new owner of a Blackberry Q10 and at first the email worked. I managed to send and receive emails. Now, I am stuck like you guys too, I can only receive emails and is unable to send any out.

I am using M1 (Singapore) and trying to connect to my Singnet email.

Server address : pop.singnet.com.sg
    Port : 110
    SSL : off

SMTP Server address : mail.singnet.com.sg
    SMTP Port : 25
    SMPT Encryption : off

This is the official settings written for this Singnet and I really have no idea what to do next.

What does your device show for "Software Release" and "OS Version" here:

Settings/About/OS
    06-10-13 06:25 PM
333 ... 121314