Its really frustrating having to reboot my phone 1-4x a day, just like the OLD DAYS OF BLACKBERRY, because when I open a text the entire text screen locks up and I cant write, send or receive texts. I can use everything else on the phone; just not text. I've tried 'waiting it out'.

Running os 10.2

input?
    03-31-14 07:49 AM
    What program did you update your Z10 with?

CB10 on Z10 AT&T STL 100-3 OS 10.2.1.2947 Vote for Z10 http://www.phonedog.com/rankings/smartphones
    03-31-14 08:00 AM
    The one that everybody uses... cant remember what the name of it is.

Sachesi?
    03-31-14 08:06 AM
    The one that everybody uses... cant remember what the name of it is.

Sachesi?
    If you used Sachesi, then something is corrupted in your OS update. What OS update did you install? I would suggest you delete the downloaded OS from your computer and re-download it via Sachesi. Then reload the OS to your phone.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    03-31-14 08:45 AM
    If you used Sachesi, then something is corrupted in your OS update. What OS update did you install? I would suggest you delete the downloaded OS from your computer and re-download it via Sachesi. Then reload the OS to your phone.

Are you serious? Could that explain why my contacts situation has been a NIGHTMARE too? Since att has that OS out now... can I just do a complete phone backup, wipe the phone, do teh att update, and then do a restore?
    03-31-14 09:10 AM
    I suggest running an autoloader. I used sachesi one time and it didn't work out. I have had zero problems using autoloaders

STL-4. 10.2.1.2947 w/ 1259 clock
    03-31-14 09:16 AM
    I suggest running an autoloader. I used sachesi one time and it didn't work out. I have had zero problems using autoloaders

an autoloader doesn't fix my text screen freezing, causing a reboot... and it doesn't fix my contacts being a NIGHTMARE now.
    03-31-14 09:18 AM
    Are you serious? Could that explain why my contacts situation has been a NIGHTMARE too? Since att has that OS out now... can I just do a complete phone backup, wipe the phone, do teh att update, and then do a restore?
    AT&T has the update out? Not that I'm aware unless it just dropped this AM

Posted via CB10 via Z30
    03-31-14 09:20 AM
    AT&T has the update out? Not that I'm aware unless it just dropped this AM

Posted via CB10 via Z30
    Thats what everbody was saying in my thread from a few weeks ago, that they released it? And I have notifications on my phone to update ALL of my apps installed to the latest versions that are all in 10.2
    03-31-14 09:26 AM
    Thats what everbody was saying in my thread from a few weeks ago, that they released it? And I have notifications on my phone to update ALL of my apps installed to the latest versions that are all in 10.2
    Do you have a link to the thread?
    03-31-14 09:29 AM
    Have fun. Beware my lunacy, which is about to come out again.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...me-out-915596/

Just rebooted my ******* $600 'smart phone' for the 2nd time today, and i"m only a few hours into the day. Text screen froze up again. I think it happens when somebody sends too many texts at once... dont know a number though. But pretty sure it somehow overloads the phones text-function and causes lockup until I reboot.

I'm slowly getting to the point of throwing this pile of **** out and just getting a god damn flip phone. At least it will work.
    03-31-14 10:29 AM
    Well, I read some of your other thread, but honestly don't have time for all of it. It seems that you are keeping some active sms convos?
    Are they very long, like months long of text? Those may be a problem. If you would delete them, and immediate start a new convo with the same contacts, your phone wouldn't be using so much memory resource to hold all that old text history.
    03-31-14 11:02 AM
    1. Back up to BlackBerry link.
    2. Wipe your Z10
    3. Download autoloader from this link
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=918891
    4. Make sure BlackBerry Link is shut down.
    5. Run auto loader.
    6. Restore from backup in BlackBerry link.
    7. Make sure you are using the cord that came with your Z10

Posted via CB10 via Z30
    03-31-14 11:07 AM
    I'm astonished that the recommendations here is wipe and reload.

The text bug is caused by a text log of the contact you're texting, that is too big for bb10s liking. This can include photos or texts sent way to fast, consecutively. There isn't really a fix except rebooting and waiting it out. It may take from 5min to 1hr for it to come back.
    03-31-14 11:38 AM
    Delete some of your old text messages? Just mark the one that's important to keep.
    This happens to me all the time. When i received a message and i go to unlock the phone to see the text, the text screen goes black as that person just sent another message. I have the patience to wait for the system to read all of my old texts. It's not a big deal for me but I get that it's a major problem for you. I understand the frustration. Delete some of the old texts and I believe it should solve the problem.
    03-31-14 11:39 AM

The text bug is caused by a text log of the contact you're texting, that is too big for bb10s liking. This can include photos or texts sent way to fast, consecutively. There isn't really a fix except rebooting and waiting it out. It may take from 5min to 1hr for it to come back.
    Thanks for the tip although I've never heard of that problem ever before. My old Z10 had a year's worth of photos and video and I never encountered that issue myself . I was trying to help with my own experience and keep him on a BlackBerry rather than see him go to flip phone. Thanks for tip again. That is what the forums is for to help and learn.

Posted via CB10 via Z30
    03-31-14 12:12 PM
    Well, I read some of your other thread, but honestly don't have time for all of it. It seems that you are keeping some active sms convos?
    Are they very long, like months long of text? Those may be a problem. If you would delete them, and immediate start a new convo with the same contacts, your phone wouldn't be using so much memory resource to hold all that old text history.
    Several months ago when I was selling two cars, I had about 40 text message convo's from different people interested in the cars, and I had friends and family. I deleted my convo's down to about 10 standing convo's, wondering if it would help any. Honestly, I dont think it helped one lick. if anything, upgrading to 10.2 helped the most w/ text speed/navigation speed.

1. Back up to BlackBerry link.
    2. Wipe your Z10
    3. Download autoloader from this link
    10.2.1.2947 OS for all except STL100-1 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    4. Make sure BlackBerry Link is shut down.
    5. Run auto loader.
    6. Restore from backup in BlackBerry link.
    7. Make sure you are using the cord that came with your Z10

Posted via CB10 via Z30
    So do a full backup, install from autoloader, then do a full restore?

Funny, it DOES happen when somebody tries sending me too many texts at once... thats exactly when it seems to freeze. On weekends when I dont message much, I NEVER restart my phone. Soon as monday morning comes and people blow up my phone, thats when it starts. SO... on build 10.1 I just flat out wouldn't receive the messages. Now, on build 10.2 I get the messages.. phone freezes.. reboot the phone and I have all those messages in my inbox. Very cool... but still no bueno that I must reboot my phone several times a day sometimes.

And yes it does freeze up when a contact will send, say, 3 texts one-after-the-other... or send 8 at once... almost as though it overloads my phone and it cant handle it. I've tried waiting it out to see if it self corrects. I couldn't wait any longer than the 15mins that I did and did a reboot.
    03-31-14 01:53 PM
    Thanks for the tip although I've never heard of that problem ever before. My old Z10 had a year's worth of photos and video and I never encountered that issue myself . I was trying to help with my own experience and keep him on a BlackBerry rather than see him go to flip phone. Thanks for tip again. That is what the forums is for to help and learn.

Posted via CB10 via Z30
    That post wasn't directed towards just you, almost everyone above you was suggesting reloading his OS, you weren't targeted in anyway :P
    manonthemoon likes this.
    03-31-14 01:58 PM
    Try to delete old conversations.

see if that keeps your phone from freezing up.
    03-31-14 02:42 PM

If you want to do what I was suggesting. Now if that doesn't work then you could have a bad restore point and may want to set up the phone from scratch. So if your issue returns after the restore then simply wipe the phone and start from scratch. I would listen to what they said and delete some of those texts threads to see of that helps first as that would be less time spent then what I'm suggesting.

Posted via CB10 via Z30
    03-31-14 03:38 PM
    Several months ago when I was selling two cars, I had about 40 text message convo's from different people interested in the cars, and I had friends and family. I deleted my convo's down to about 10 standing convo's, wondering if it would help any. Honestly, I dont think it helped one lick. if anything, upgrading to 10.2 helped the most w/ text speed/navigation speed.

Funny, it DOES happen when somebody tries sending me too many texts at once... thats exactly when it seems to freeze. On weekends when I dont message much, I NEVER restart my phone. Soon as monday morning comes and people blow up my phone, thats when it starts. SO... on build 10.1 I just flat out wouldn't receive the messages. Now, on build 10.2 I get the messages.. phone freezes.. reboot the phone and I have all those messages in my inbox. Very cool... but still no bueno that I must reboot my phone several times a day sometimes.

And yes it does freeze up when a contact will send, say, 3 texts one-after-the-other... or send 8 at once... almost as though it overloads my phone and it cant handle it. I've tried waiting it out to see if it self corrects. I couldn't wait any longer than the 15mins that I did and did a reboot.
    Frankly I would update the OS to 10.2.1. These offer a lot of improvements in issues just like yours. You can either load through an autoloader or thru Sachesi. I have done both without issues developing.

03-31-14 05:38 PM
    Frankly I would update the OS to 10.2.1. These offer a lot of improvements in issues just like yours. You can either load through an autoloader or thru Sachesi. I have done both without issues developing.

I have software release 10.2.1.2102

and OS version 10.2.1.2141

to the people saying to delete my convo's, I cannot. There is months worth of information in them that I NEED. I'm willing to bet if I delete those 2 convo's most of my text based issues would go away. But at this point, there's just too much data in them that I need. Ugggg what to do? Is that my only real option besides doing a wipe and restore? Is my OS the best one that I can have installed right now?
    04-01-14 09:29 AM
    I do not think a wipe or OS change is going to help.

The convos are tying up your phone's memory, especially when you get several texts at the same time. That is solely because of the size of those convos.
    04-01-14 12:37 PM
    Jeez if your conversations are that important, learn to use email. Text messaging was never meant to used on any network or device the way appear to use it these days.
    Text messaging = throw away info. Nothing requiring storage.

Pdinos3 likes this.
    04-01-14 12:46 PM
    Well, here is an app but it costs $.99.$3.99 Might be worth it if you really need to save all those texts.

Exporter - BlackBerry World
    04-01-14 12:51 PM
53 123