I've noticed issues with my z10 since the os update, and it has in fact deleted my APN with Telus. Why haven't I heard more about this... anywhere?

Anyone else?

Posted via CB10 in BB10 on Z10...
    calirevolt likes this.
    05-21-13 09:30 PM
    Looks like others are experiencing the same issue.
    There is another thread with more info on this check - "Apn settings disappear after update"
    I am still waiting for a fix. VERY frustrating !!!!
    05-22-13 04:30 PM
    I found a suggestion that worked for me. Double battery pull.

Take out your battery, put it back in. When your blue loading icon comes up, pull the battery out again. Now let it restart fully, wait about10 mins and you should be good again.

jagrlover likes this.
    05-22-13 11:46 PM
    The battery pulls didn't work for me. I've had to reload my OS (doing it for a second time now). Extremely frustrated by this, especially when this happened while I was on my trip. Luckily I brought a backup Android phone...BlackBerry, PLEASE FIX THIS!
    05-27-13 02:10 AM
    Why not call Telus about the issue?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 02:54 AM
    Telus known issue says they are working on it. That would be like major priority!
    05-29-13 09:55 AM
    This APN issue is painful. I have both the z10 and the q10 and had to unlock both, install the latest leak then switch sim card just to edit the APN.

Time and 100 just for that privileged.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 10:56 AM
    Talked to Telus yesterday. Still nothing slated. This is ridiculous. They did tell me to try a triple battery pull, letting the phone reload fully every time. This did not work for me. Maybe for others.

06-01-13 02:42 PM
    I found a suggestion that worked for me. Double battery pull.

Take out your battery, put it back in. When your blue loading icon comes up, pull the battery out again. Now let it restart fully, wait about10 mins and you should be good again.

Thank you. This just worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 04:19 PM
    The problem is back.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 03:31 PM
    Mine was fixed and not giving me any trouble for a long time but my APN disappeared again today. Got it back by restarting while hooked up to BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 01:32 PM
    Had the APN disappear on my Fido device a while back.. Never attributed it to the OS though (I was using a leak, but the APN was fine after install and data restore; it disappeared a while after), but when it did go, because I was not able to edit the APN setting, I used the E-screens to manually force the APN back to 'ltemobile.apn' and data started working again.. Then at some point, it "fixed" itself (which is why I attributed it to some sort of problem with the network vs. the OS), and has been OK ever since..
    06-27-13 01:45 PM
    You can enter the APN in the escreen. It's a task getting in, but you can do it. The APN for Telus is sp.telus.com.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 06:02 PM
    Anyone have any new solutions, aside from the escreen or bblink solution? I've been updating my APN via the escreen, but someone ever stole my phone, they'd turn off the phone, lose the APN upon restart and BlackBerry Protect would be useless to me. I doubt the thief would ever figure out why the data isn't functioning.

Thanks Telus, again, for being usefull 3 years ago....... and not giving a **** about your loyal customers now. I can't wait for December. New A10 and new mobile contract laws in Ontario. Wooo!

07-18-13 05:53 PM
    That happened to me twice. Just connect it to your pc and update the BlackBerry from the desktop software. Can't recall what it is called.

It worked fine both times.

But I agree. Very frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 10:11 AM
    Sometimes it is hard to support BB. They appear to want to **** off customers. EVERY OTHER SMARTPHONE on the market allows you to edit APN settings.
    This issue has been known since day one.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 10:26 AM
    Sometimes it is hard to support BB. They appear to want to **** off customers. EVERY OTHER SMARTPHONE on the market allows you to edit APN settings.
    This issue has been known since day one.

Posted via CB10
    Yell at your carrier about this. It's their call not BBerry.
    07-19-13 10:34 AM