Is there a way to get rid of unwanted contacts on the Z10 ?

My carrier (Bell) has preloaded "taxi" and other contacts on my phone. There is no 'delete' option available for them
    02-09-13 03:28 PM
    Those are probably SIM contacts. You can hide the SIM contact from the settings. You might be able to manage the SIM contacts separately as well through the main SIM Card settings. My device is restoring right now so I can't check. Once it's done, I'll have a look.
    02-09-13 04:02 PM
    Congratulations on getting a BlackBerry Z10 and Welcome to CrackBerry!!!

Yes, you can manage SIM contacts. However, some carriers make some or all of the SIM contacts uneditable and thus you can't delete such contacts. In this case, your carrier is to blame, not BlackBerry. BlackBerry *has* made it possible to hide the SIM contacts (as described by nick). If you need the steps, let us know (quick hint: in Contacts, swipe don't from the top and tap Settings).
    02-09-13 04:09 PM
    nick.dollimount is absolutely correct....those are SIM contacts, preloaded by Bell. While i don't think they can be deleted, they can be hidden. While in contacts, pull down the menu from the top and choose "settings".....turn "SIM card contacts" to off....those contacts will disappear.
    02-09-13 04:12 PM
    I was just able to check... In the contacts, swipe down from the top and touch Settings. Right at the bottom is the "Manage SIM Card Contacts" button. Give that a try. Keeping in mind what b320 says, they may not be editable. Let us know the outcome!
    02-09-13 04:17 PM
    I just tried the methods described above.

Although I can go through the motions of deleting the sim card contacts, and I get no error messages, the pre-loaded contacts remain on the SIM card. The only ones I am able to delete are contacts I copied to the SIM card earlier.

As BerryGuy noted, I am able to hide them using his method, which works perfectly fine for me.

By the way, I LOVE the Z10 ! My daughter has an iPhone 5, and my wife has an Samsung S3....and the Z10 blows them out of the water on speed. We had our own kitchen table races here, and I was almost twice as fast as them entering text, without yet being used to the phone like they are. I only use one hand when entering text and the intuitive keyboard is much faster on the Blackberry.

Another feature I noticed which I have never seen mentioned here....
    I text and email both in english and french, and have the entry language set to both. Within one or two words of the start of the sentence, the phone decides which language I am using and switches the suggested words to the right language. Nice !
    02-09-13 05:29 PM
    Hi for some reason i ended up with some double contact entries when i look at ALL CONTACTS. Bluetooth contact transfer was only able to bring over 180 of my 229 contacts. I manually entered the 49. Not sure if the manual entry caused the double entry as it seems to have happened only to the manually entered ones.

When I remove my SIM CONTACTS my ALL CONTACTS are perfect. Question: Can I delete all my SIM CONTACTS and then copy my ALL CONTACTS to the SIM CARD?? As a back up? Manage my contacts allows me to delete the SIM CONTACTS but how do I back up my contacts to the SIM? Is this still possible?

Thanks
    02-10-13 04:52 PM