First, this is a warning. I'm fighting for days trying to make my Z10 unlocked by Orange with no success.

Second, this is a question to our CB team : is your unlock service ok with France ? Information I got is that BB has not enabled unlocking in France/Orange yet. Can you help/confirm ?
    02-19-13 06:53 AM
    Hi Super,

Same for me I'm on several tracks :
    - crackberryunlock -> still waiting from last saturday
    - fixaberry -> still waiting from last saturday
    - cellunlocker -> does not work = refund
    - unlocktogo -> does not work = refund
    - deblocage-facile.com -> code received 6 attempts (remains 4 !!!!!!) -> does not work

At the same time discution with Orange : "you IMEI code is not linked to the phone number" ....

Main issue for I have only 4 attempts now ...

to be continued ....

julien
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-19-13 07:23 AM
    Julien, I had a discussion with a BlackBerry-FR blog friend. Looks like the max PRD available is 480xx while Z10 is 497xx . I think we're stucked for now. Don't burn your last attempts ... IMHO.

edit
    tested also http://www.comment-debloquer-mon-portable.com -> does not work => refund.

P.S: are you the Julien (music/sound app) I met @ BBJAM ?
    Antoine
    02-19-13 07:58 AM
    Hi Super,

Same for me I'm on several tracks :
    - crackberryunlock -> still waiting from last saturday
    - fixaberry -> still waiting from last saturday
    - cellunlocker -> does not work = refund
    - unlocktogo -> does not work = refund
    - deblocage-facile.com -> code received 6 attempts (remains 4 !!!!!!) -> does not work

At the same time discution with Orange : "you IMEI code is not linked to the phone number" ....

Main issue for I have only 4 attempts now ...

to be continued ....

julien
    Julien, did you get anything to work ?
    02-22-13 01:29 AM
    I actually thought it was illegal for the carriers to lock phones in France. Obviously not! Good luck guys.
    02-22-13 02:00 AM
    Pardon my ignorance, but if we do a firmware update on an unlocked phone, will it revert back to its locked state. I am using a Canadian unlocked z10 in India purchased from the gray market.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 02:09 AM
    Pardon my ignorance, but if we do a firmware update on an unlocked phone, will it revert back to its locked state. I am using a Canadian unlocked z10 in India purchased from the gray market.

Posted via CB10
    It shouldn't no.
    02-22-13 02:10 AM
    Hi there,

I am from Vietnam and will have one friend travel to Paris this weekend. I am looking forward to get a Z10 for 539 Euro from Orange or Sosh, but to use in Vietnam.

Is that unlocked phone so that i can use anywhere ? If not, how to unlock to use it world wide ?? Thank you.
    02-22-13 02:51 AM
    It shouldn't no.
    Thanks. I wanted to confirm before the update hits as after the update is available it will be very hard to wait. :-)

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 03:38 AM
    Hi there,

I am from Vietnam and will have one friend travel to Paris this weekend. I am looking forward to get a Z10 for 539 Euro from Orange or Sosh, but to use in Vietnam.

Is that unlocked phone so that i can use anywhere ? If not, how to unlock to use it world wide ?? Thank you.
    I guess ur friend will have to confirm from the vendor he is buying the device. I am using an unlocked device in the same scenario as urs, Canadian unlocked phone using in India. I checked at the time of purchasing and it worked with my sim card but on the second device, the first was probably not unlocked so my sim card did not work on that one.

Posted via CB10
    q3rista likes this.
    02-22-13 03:41 AM
    Hi there,
    Unlocking experience seems to vary here.
    Unlocked phones are not available "as-is".
    Legislation in France requires carriers to unlock devices that are sold with no engagement contract.
    BlackBerry has not yet released all the unlock codes, at least this is what Orange told me.
    I'd be very prudent with that operation. Anyways, if Orange, your friend will have to ask for unlocking by VOICE call and while in France to the after sales support [from the device, call 3970 then do not go to "desimlockage" but "aide � l'utilisation de votre t�l�phone ou apr�s-vente" (#5)] and give your IMEI and email address. You should then recieve the code for free, within 14 days.
    Some users have been more lucky than me and got their code within the first call ... so, it might be a lottery.

Also, be certain that the French Localized Z10 matches with Vietnam network/carrier requirements ... sorry, I can't help you with that.
    q3rista likes this.
    02-25-13 05:30 AM
    Unlocking experience seems to vary here.
    Unlocked phones are not available "as-is".
    Legislation in France requires carriers to unlock devices that are sold with no engagement contract.
    BlackBerry has not yet released all the unlock codes, at least this is what Orange told me.
    I'd be very prudent with that operation. Anyways, if Orange, your friend will have to ask for unlocking by VOICE call and while in France to the after sales support [from the device, call 3970 then do not go to "desimlockage" but "aide � l'utilisation de votre t�l�phone ou apr�s-vente" (#5)] and give your IMEI and email address. You should then recieve the code for free, within 14 days.
    Some users have been more lucky than me and got their code within the first call ... so, it might be a lottery.

Also, be certain that the French Localized Z10 matches with Vietnam network/carrier requirements ... sorry, I can't help you with that.
    My friend bought the z10 at Orange store for 520 Euro and was also instructed to do the unlock through the after sales support call. She tried to request the code through both email and telephone but has got any feedback yet. She tried to call the customer service but it was unsuccessful.

What should I do next ? The sales people at Orange also mentioned the unlock fee of 80 Euro when she bought the device ???
    02-27-13 08:39 AM
    Ok, I just got my Z10 unlocked by Orange France. Seems the codes are available now.
    You have to call the 3970 using a ground line (the Z10 phone nbr will be asked). Then access the "after sales" persons (do not use the automated procedure) and ask them.
    If you got your phone with a non engaging contract this is absolutely FREE (recent legislation named "Loi Chatel").
    q3rista likes this.
    02-27-13 10:51 AM
    I bought a Z10 from "Sosh" last week. I successfully performed the unlocking via the online chat support from Orange last Friday.
    It cost me 10 minutes of my time.

CU.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-27-13 11:26 AM
    I bought a Z10 from "Sosh" last week. I successfully performed the unlocking via the online chat support from Orange last Friday.
    It cost me 10 minutes of my time.

CU.
    Did you reinstall a fresh os (want a clean install and get rid of orange logo) ? what harware ID / OS build do you have ?
    02-27-13 12:33 PM
    If you got your phone with a non engaging contract this is absolutely FREE (recent legislation named "Loi Chatel").
    Since our French is a bit limited, we are not sure whether we signed any engaging contract with Orange. Here is what i paid:
    - Brand new z10 : 520 Euro
    - An Orange sim card: 5 Euro.

Can you say from the price, whether I just bought the phone off contract ?

Will try to talk to a real support person today.
    02-27-13 05:39 PM
    It's not necessary to reinstall a fresh OS to get rid of the Orange logo. In fact, the logo is related to your SIM card: when I used a Bouygues Telecom [FR] SIM card I saw the Bouygues Telecom logo. The Z10 displays the logo from the SIM card provider (tested with Tango [LU], O2 [DE] and Swisscom [CH] SIM cards).

My Z10 is a STL100-2 (the European model), OS 10.0.9.348.
    CU.
    q3rista and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-28-13 02:36 AM
    Since our French is a bit limited, we are not sure whether we signed any engaging contract with Orange. Here is what i paid:
    - Brand new z10 : 520 Euro
    - An Orange sim card: 5 Euro.

Can you say from the price, whether I just bought the phone off contract ?

Will try to talk to a real support person today.
    What you had is called "Mobicarte" (rechargeable on demand) and is off contract. You are eligible to free unlock.
    02-28-13 06:04 AM
    It's not necessary to reinstall a fresh OS to get rid of the Orange logo. In fact, the logo is related to your SIM card: when I used a Bouygues Telecom [FR] SIM card I saw the Bouygues Telecom logo. The Z10 displays the logo from the SIM card provider (tested with Tango [LU], O2 [DE] and Swisscom [CH] SIM cards).

My Z10 is a STL100-2 (the European model), OS 10.0.9.348.
    CU.
    I saw that later, when I got an OS update to 10.0.10.32 (build 10.0.10.261) via BBlink. Thank you
    02-28-13 06:06 AM
    Hello superfly I cannot get my phone unlocked, they are always tell me to wait what can I do?
    Thanks for your help

Ps: I'm using sosh too

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 11:19 AM
    Great news they finally sent the unlock code but I used to call them many times. They are not professional good luck to you all

Sean

Posted via CB10
    q3rista likes this.
    02-28-13 01:59 PM
    Hello superfly I cannot get my phone unlocked, they are always tell me to wait what can I do?
    Thanks for your help

Ps: I'm using sosh too

Posted via CB10
    I'm afraid I can't really help. Mine is Orange, it's not the same process... you may find some help on a French fan site like blackberry-fr.com yet you probably need... patience. sry

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 05:37 PM
    Great news they finally sent the unlock code but I used to call them many times. They are not professional good luck to you all

Sean

Posted via CB10
    Lol, just answered... glad you got it finally!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 05:38 PM

Sean

Posted via CB10
    Btw don't blame sosh alone... BlackBerry has been lazy with codes release too, apparently.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 05:40 PM
    My friend was successful in reaching the support today. And the common feedback is to wait for the code up to 14 days .... Good thing is I will get it for free. Keep waiting

Besides, it is unable to reach Orange at their number +33 6 07 62 64 64 from outside France.
    02-28-13 07:53 PM
41 12