So I pre ordered an unlocking code from a cellular accesories store on friday evening for my z10. The guy told me i shoud have it within 24 hrs. Im abit crunched for time cause im leaving for Europe tommorow.

Its been a day and a half now and the guy tells me he still doesnt have it but "it should come". Do i get another one from these online unlocking code sites just to be on the safe side? Or can I even order another one since my code for my cell is on order. I take it you have to be here in the country to punch in your unlocked code correct? Rule # 1 Dont wait till the last second floks!!!

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Regards
    08-10-13 11:48 AM
    So I pre ordered an unlocking code from a cellular accesories store on friday evening for my z10. The guy told me i shoud have it within 24 hrs. Im abit crunched for time cause im leaving for Europe tommorow.

Its been a day and a half now and the guy tells me he still doesnt have it but "it should come". Do i get another one from these online unlocking code sites just to be on the safe side? Or can I even order another one since my code for my cell is on order. I take it you have to be here in the country to punch in your unlocked code correct? Rule # 1 Dont wait till the last second floks!!!

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Regards
    You can apply the code no matter where in the world you are. All you need to do is have another carrier's sim card in the device
    It sometimes takes a bit longer than 24 hours, depending on the carrier. Also, remember that some companies don't work over the weekends (I don't know if the one you ordered from does), so if that is the case, you'll probably receive your unlock code sometime on Monday. But like I said earlier, if you can receive over the email, you can punch it in while you're in Europe. The thing is that many people end up having problems with the unlock code, so they have to call back, and the supplier has to figure out what went wrong. This may be troublesome if you are overseas
    Remember to plan things like this in advance in the future. Like you said, don't wait til the last second
    08-10-13 12:15 PM
    Who is your carrier? I ask because, if you are on T-Mo USA, it is possible to get wifi-calling working on your phone which may make life easier. And, as mastercarshead pointed out, there have been issues with getting the correct unlock code, so if you get yours and it doesn't work DO NOT keep punching it in over and over as I believe you can pooch the phone that way.
    08-10-13 01:06 PM
    I'm confused, you "pre-ordered" the unlock code before you got the phone ?
    I don't see how you can do that since you need the IMEI number to get an unlock code. The IMEI is unique to each individual phone.

Fred

So I pre ordered an unlocking code from a cellular accesories store on friday evening for my z10. The guy told me i shoud have it within 24 hrs.
    08-10-13 01:24 PM
    No by pre order I meant I ordered the code. I guess I used the term pre cause you don't get the code right away.

Regardless I did receive the code about 1 hour ago. So I'm definitely definitely a happy camper. I can breathe again!

Oh I'm on bell mobility.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 03:16 PM
    No by pre order I meant I ordered the code. I guess I used the term pre cause you don't get the code right away.

Regardless I did receive the code about 1 hour ago. So I'm definitely definitely a happy camper. I can breathe again!

Oh I'm on bell mobility.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    If you haven't already, strongly recommend you try it before you go traveling. Just to be sure it works?
    08-10-13 06:51 PM
    How would I check to see if it works? I will be picking up a new sim card when I land in Greece.

It states network unlocked when I put it the code. Might it still not be unlocked?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 10:31 PM