Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Unlocked Z10 on Verizon Wireless

So I just got an unlocked Z10 on ebay. Love the phone, seriously, it's awesome.

I got to connect to my network, Verizon, and the phone is only picking up AT&T and T-Mobile options!

I called verizon and they said that they could POSSIBLY enter my 'ESN/MEID/HEX Number' if I wanted them to try...I looked everyone and cannot locate it.

The girl said it prob wouldn't work anyways.

Anyone else have or solve this issue?

Otherwise, I have a brand new, shiny, awesome black Z10 available for AT&T and/or T-Mobile users!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

BUMP! No one has purchased a Canadian Z10 and tried to use it on Verizon?! Crazy...

Well, like I said, I now have a Z10 that works on ATT and TMO available for sale...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Verizon uses a unique band of 4g LtE then most of the rest of the world, you won't get it to work on big red
    CrackBerry Master

Default Re: Unlocked Z10 on Verizon Wireless

I'm not an expert but vz is cdma and I think the Canadian carriers use gsm bands. So both Sprint and vz won't work with Canadian phones
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > Z30 > Passport!
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Don't Panic
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by z10ma View Post

I got to connect to my network, Verizon, and the phone is only picking up AT&T and T-Mobile options!

I called verizon and they said that they could POSSIBLY enter my 'ESN/MEID/HEX Number' if I wanted them to try...I looked everyone and cannot locate it.

Otherwise, I have a brand new, shiny, awesome black Z10 available for AT&T and/or T-Mobile users!
    All you had to do was wait a few more weeks. Whats the hurry?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I really want the Q10, but I figured I'd get this to hold me over. It really is an awesome phone and if there is still a month+ difference between Z10 and Q10 release I probably will get the Z10 Verizon version to hold me over..

I now have this brand new Z10 for sale, shipped from Boston, MA overnight shipping included...I will consider all offers, PM me!
    CrackBerry Addict

Anyone had the balls to cut down their VZW sim to see if it will work on z10. I didn't want to take the risk of killing my daily 9900 sim to see if ti would work. Any true DIY'ers out there give it a shot yet????
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nycspaces. View Post
    Anyone had the balls to cut down their VZW sim to see if it will work on z10. I didn't want to take the risk of killing my daily 9900 sim to see if ti would work. Any true DIY'ers out there give it a shot yet????
    Even if you cut it down to micro-SIM size you can still use it in your 9900. Just position it carefully and add a piece of tape if you are worried. I have been using one for the past couple of months without a problem.
    CrackBerry Addict

I just don't have the skill or courage to try. if i knew it would work in the z10 and i could do a full 9930 to z10 on vzw switch i might give it a shot...anyone done this yet?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

I just don't have the skill or courage to try. if i knew it would work in the z10 and i could do a full 9930 to z10 on vzw switch i might give it a shot...anyone done this yet?
    I just walked into a T-Mobile store here in Florida and they cut it down for me free of charge.
    CrackBerry Addict

I am trying to see if cutting down my 9930 sim on Verizon will work in the unlocked Z10. I have a tmo micro sim already, just want my primary VZW number and account on the z10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,075 Global Posts

Do any of the Z10 models that have been released to date have the frequency bands that Verizon uses?
  13. tw_
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBeach View Post
    Do any of the Z10 models that have been released to date have the frequency bands that Verizon uses?
    No. I'm not in the US but when I look at the Z10 spec sheets available from Blackberrys web site it is clear that you need the Z10 model STL100-4 (aka RFA91LW) to get support for CDMA and LTE 700 MHz used by Verizon. AFAIK the model STL100-4 has not been released anywhere. Neither in Canada nor in Europe since all the networks there are GSM based.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,075 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tw_ View Post
    No. I'm not in the US but when I look at the Z10 spec sheets available from Blackberrys web site it is clear that you need the Z10 model STL100-4 (aka RFA91LW) to get support for CDMA and LTE 700 MHz used by Verizon. AFAIK the model STL100-4 has not been released anywhere. Neither in Canada nor in Europe since all the networks there are GSM based.
    Yeah, that's what I thought which makes the question about cutting a Verizon SIM card down for the current Z10s kinda moot.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,802 Global Posts
    PIN
    Feel free to ask me my PIN via PM

BUMP! No one has purchased a Canadian Z10 and tried to use it on Verizon?! Crazy...

Well, like I said, I now have a Z10 that works on ATT and TMO available for sale...
    An unlocked Canadian Z10 will not work on Verizon or Sprint as those 2 networks are CDMA. Bell is the only Canadian network that supports CDMA, but they teamed up with Telus a few years back to make one strong GSM network. Bell isn't selling any more CDMA phones, only GSM. Long story short, all the Z10's sold in Canada are GSM.
    My goal here is to help out and provide knowledge! Feel free to shoot me a PM

If you like my posts, you should visit the site where I write at gadgetnerdly.com
    If not, you should visit it anyway
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

To further that: LTE devices, even if they would work between networks in that way, would have no voice on Verizon. LTE as it is currently deployed does not support voice of LTE. If you want a phone to work on Verizon it has to be a Verizon phone.
    BlackBerry Torch 9810 - 7.1.0.190
    BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB - 2.0.0.6149
    CrackBerry Addict

Correct, it won't work

you are better off buying a Z10 direct from Verizon
    BlackberryCodeSource.com

Current Phones Z30, Q10, iP5S, Samsung GNote 3, HTC One M8!

Can't wait for the one and only game changing......... BB Passport !!!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I just did the same thing. Useless (to me) Z10 arrived today. Wish there was a carrier with good 4G coverage in NYC. I hope the wait isn't too long. My company shuts off my BES server this week.
    I'll post a craigslist ad in NJ for it tomorrow.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    69,913 Global Posts

Hope a lot that want to do this read this thread. You can't just buy any phone and have it work on any network.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry Addict

VZW does not use sim cards. VZW sims are for out of country use only. They are not used while in the US
    8830WE > 9650> Z10

PB 64GB
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post
    VZW does not use sim cards. VZW sims are for out of country use only. They are not used while in the US
    This is somewhat accurate as this was the case. Now any LTE Verizon device uses the SIM for LTE service but EVDO data and voice are still CDMA.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by njrepoman View Post
    I just did the same thing. Useless (to me) Z10 arrived today. Wish there was a carrier with good 4G coverage in NYC. I hope the wait isn't too long. My company shuts off my BES server this week.
    I'll post a craigslist ad in NJ for it tomorrow.

PM'd you both.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,045 Global Posts

I'm on Verizon and knew my Z10 wouldn't work on VZW so I bought a prepaid T-Mobile SIM with data (standard Android will work). I forwarded my VZW number to the number on my SIM. You won't get TXTs so if that is important, carry your VZW phone with you. At least you can get to know your Z until Verizon gets off their a$$.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs up I want to buy your Z10 for ATT service.

Can you please call me or email me to discuss price?

my number is (808) 393-7996 or email me at esun@sungloballlc.com

Thank you, Ed