Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default unlocked z10?

any words on how to unlock the device? since now it is ilegal to unlock phones without carrier consent...

Unlocking is not illegal, in fact in some territories unlock must be provided on demand, or it is illegal to sell phones locked to one carrier. There is no published information about unlocking for an unreleased device.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: unlocked z10?

Quote Originally Posted by josecarlosc View Post
    any words on how to unlock the device? since now it is ilegal to unlock phones without carrier consent...
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-z10-x10-unlock-codes/

according to them it should be easy.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    the tail on the donkey....

Quote Originally Posted by Branta View Post
    Unlocking is not illegal, in fact in some territories unlock must be provided on demand, or it is illegal to sell phones locked to one carrier. There is no published information about unlocking for an unreleased device.
    It will soon be illegal in the US under the most recent rules issued by the Register Of Copyrights at the Library Of Congress in regards to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The rules take effect 90 days from the effective date (11/28/12) which is a few days prior to the BB10 launch event.

DMCA Rules 2012

In order to unlock a carrier-specific phone, you have to have their permission.
    CrackBerry Abuser

One thing that is cool with the latest OSes is that the phone actually re brands itself depending on the sim card. If I use my att sim I get att branding and visual voice mail. Put my Rogers sim card in and I get Rogers branding! No more half baked devices because they are the wrong vendor ID.....

Todd