I have this random unknown folder or pictures inside my picture app which can't be deleted. Any faces the same problem, any solution, please?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 07:07 PM
    Is the folder empty?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 07:10 PM
    I have the same prob. Its an unknown folder. I've tried deleting it but can't. Any one else with the same prob?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 07:10 PM
    Not empty. I have like 26 pics in it

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 07:11 PM
    Are the pictures associated with an app or email attachments? When I first got my z, I had folders on my sim from my old phone that contained some off the wall items. Mostly, it was from my work email.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 07:15 PM
    See if the folder is associated with an app.
    Try delete it when your device is plugged in via usb. Make sure that mass storage mode is set to on in your settings, so you can browse the different drive locations.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    07-14-13 07:19 PM
    Yes its empty inside, but i cant delete the folder. There is a picture cache on the folder but really nothing inside that folder, its annoying.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 07:23 PM
    I've had this due to an android app creating a folder containing images used internally by the app. The kindle app causes this for example. I don't know of any way to remove it.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 08:13 PM
    I have the same folder in my z10 and it contains pictures of my friends with viber. I can't delete it as well. I'm not that eager in deleting it since it's their faces (my friends) but I'm also wondering why it can't be deleted...

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 08:16 PM
    I have the same folder in my z10 and it contains pictures of my friends with viber. I can't delete it as well. I'm not that eager in deleting it since it's their faces (my friends) but I'm also wondering why it can't be deleted...

Posted via CB10
    After you mentioned Viber. I think I have the same viber issue

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:37 PM
    It's from all the android apps, its better than joe.ot was handled on the playbook where it littered your photo app with thumbnails from android apps

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:44 PM
    So no way of removing it? Sux

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 01:31 AM
    I had the same issue -- a folder not findable withing any of the file managers - on device or PC. Eventually, I did a security wipe in an attempt to get rid of it. That worked. Also, I only restored settings after the wipe. I'm good now.
    07-15-13 06:30 AM
    I have the same problem. Mine is fron wechat.
    Can't delete.
    I think the only way to delete is to wipe, haven't try yet.

Keepin'it fresh Z10
    07-15-13 06:30 AM
    Had this happen to me. Copy all your SD card stuff to your PC. Then reformat SD card. Then copy the CONTENTS of the folders back into the designated folders on the SD card.
    That cured my problem.
    07-15-13 06:38 AM
    I have this random unknown folder or pictures inside my picture app which can't be deleted. Any faces the same problem, any solution, please?

Posted via CB10
    Do you have any side loaded apps?

I had Viber side loaded and that created an unknown pictures folder. I tried to delete it but it wouldn't delete.

The unknown folder wasn't in the SD card.

I had to reload the OS to get rid of the unknown folder.

A security wipe will also solve the problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 07:13 AM
    Had this happen to me. Copy all your SD card stuff to your PC. Then reformat SD card. Then copy the CONTENTS of the folders back into the designated folders on the SD card.
    That cured my problem.
    I had tried that as well, but the hidden folder was on my device, not the card. I do agree that this should be tried first, wipe as a lot resort.

Lovin the Z STL100-3/10.1.0.4543
    07-15-13 07:56 AM
    There is another way. Go to your browser and delete cookies and other data. It is about the "other data", not the cookies. It clears other stuff as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:04 AM
    Another thing that might work is if you have a previous backup to restore settings only.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:06 AM
    Kindle did it to mine. Stopped using it, could delete some not all.

Posted via Z10
    07-15-13 08:09 AM
    There is something wrong with how blackberry manages its picture app. They should allow user to select the path that users want to be listed in the picture app and not unify all path to it. Similar for music app, why would my ring tone be listed inisde my music app. Fix this for the upcoming 10.2, plz!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:28 AM
    There is something wrong with how blackberry manages its picture app. They should allow user to select the path that users want to be listed in the picture app and not unify all path to it. Similar for music app, why would my ring tone be listed inisde my music app. Fix this for the upcoming 10.2, plz!!!

Posted via CB10
    If you store your ringtones (mp3 or m4a) in the Music folder, how would the system identify them? I keep mine in a separate folder Ringtones, and all is good. They don't show in the Music app.

Lovin the Z STL100-3/10.1.0.4543
    07-16-13 08:45 PM
    That cured my problem.
    I hope it will work for me. I don't want to wipe my phone.

Keepin'it fresh Z10
    07-17-13 01:25 AM
    Has anyone found a solution to this?
    I have an unknown album with only one picture in it. When I open the folder, all I see is a black screen. The picture shows as a thumbnail in the 'recently added' section. I can see what it is in the preview thumbnail, but when I open the thumbnail it shows as a black screen again. Can't delete, can't find it through the file manager or through USB. It looks awkward cuz the pic shows a couple of people who I know but aren't even my friends.
    07-17-13 04:15 AM
    Has anyone found a solution to this?
    I have an unknown album with only one picture in it. When I open the folder, all I see is a black screen. The picture shows as a thumbnail in the 'recently added' section. I can see what it is in the preview thumbnail, but when I open the thumbnail it shows as a black screen again. Can't delete, can't find it through the file manager or through USB. It looks awkward cuz the pic shows a couple of people who I know but aren't even my friends.
    Have you tried what the poster above you suggested?

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    07-21-13 03:28 AM
34 12