Dear CB Nation,

I am trying to uninstall a couple of apps (Kindle for Android and LastPass) that I downloaded via amazon appstore--I did the uninstall the usual way: hold down on app and trash icon. However both the apps still show in the appstore and trying to remove via the appstore causes appstore to crash all the time (it is really the worst app I have seen/used on the BBZ10; none of the other apps have caused any such problems). Also, since the Android Kindle is apparently still on the device, I'm not able to install the Kindle for Blackberry10 (I was trying to evaluate the 2 Kindle platforms as to which one I'd like better!). I read through some of the similar threads on CB and:
    A) removed the battery (hard reset?)
    B) downloaded BB Android runtime, but when I 'open' it from BB World, it just shows an 'initializing, pls. wait' screen and nothing further occurs.

And now, I'm unable to remove the BB runtime also from BBW (should it remain on the device?)
    I'm not very technical so didn't really understand all the other terms I came across such as 'sideloading', Sachesi etc. Could CB users help with either of the above problems-amazon appstore and the runtime?
    I'm using BB Z10, STL100-2 model, OS 10.3.2:2876 which is the latest version I believe.
    Uninstall apps from the Amazon appstore?-img_20160424_015548.png

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by liquidmetal2; 04-23-16 at 11:10 PM.
    04-23-16 10:56 PM
    After you download the Android Runtime update in BlackBerry World, there is no need to actually open it...because it won't do anything. All you need to do is restart your device then android apps should be able to uninstall as usual.
    After you download the Android Runtime update in BlackBerry World, there is no need to actually open it...because it won't do anything. All you need to do is restart your device then android apps should be able to uninstall as usual.
    liquidmetal2 likes this.
    04-23-16 11:18 PM
    thanks for your quick reply tryfe. I had forgotten the golden rule: if anything doesn't work, try the first 3 options: Restart, Restart, Restart!!

Anyway, I did try it (hold down the power button until it shuts down) and it WORKED. Yay!!
    Just another question though: is there REALLY a difference between the "kindle for blackberry 10" app and the "kindle for android" app. Because the icons for either is the same and when I uninstalled one version (Android), the other version (BB OS10) wouldn't install.
    04-24-16 05:41 AM
    I use the Kindle Android app straight from the site. It's the most up to date. The BlackBerry version hasn't been updated in a long time.
    04-24-16 08:33 AM
    Okay thanks for that. Probably best approach.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 10:43 AM