The Z10 has some "nasty" bugs or inconveniences that aren't bugs but are here to stay. Or, they could be flaws that can't be corrected due to OS limitations. Either way, if BlackBerry doesn't sort out these fairly simple but extremely crucial elements in their OS soon, customers will start going back to Android and iOS and leave BlackBerry out of business:

CALL SOMEONE YOU'RE CHATTING WITH

You don't have the option to call a contact from your messages. Remember how handy this feature used to be on Android? It's one of the most simplest of features and is a crime to not have it. On Android, if you were chatting with someone through SMS and then wanted to call that person all you would have to do is long-press the chat snippet and you'd be given lots and lots of options, one of them being CALL. I don't see that option on the Z10.

SEARCH DOESN'T WORK FOR ANYTHING BESIDES EMAIL OR SOCIAL MEDIA. CAN'T SEARCH BY NAME.

Hub: When you're in the hub and you want to search for a phone call you placed the other day, you want to type in the name of the person that you called and have that dialed number show up. What you get is "No entries in this view". Go ahead, please try it.

Inbox: When you're in messages and you want to look up "that" SMS you sent Rachel the other night, you want to type in her name in the search bar and get some results! Sadly, you get nothing but "No entries in this view".

BATTERY PERCENTAGE

What? How excruciating would have it been for you to include this BlackBerry? And it seems it still won't be addressed with new 10.1 update.

ROTATION DELAY

Look how fast screen rotation works on the iOS or Android. Blackberry, please get these kind of things right the first time. It's annoying have to wait 4 seconds for the screen to change its orientation. No matter how new your device is, no, it shouldn't take 4 seconds to rotate the screen.

CAN'T ADD CONTACT FROM THE HUB

After using the Z10 for quite a while, I appreciate how important and valuable the Hub is for an average user like me. I find myself doing most things like messaging and calling from inside the Hub. In the world of smartphones, it is a "given" to be able to add a contact from long-pressing an unknown contact number from....ANYWHERE. However, inside the Hub, you are not allowed to add a contact to an unknown number even when you're inside the Calls section. Long-pressing a number inside the Hub doesn't give you that option.

30 DAY EMAIL

I've heard of the 30 day Email limit although I'm not personally bothered by it. However, this is one heck of an OS limitation or bug. Probably the biggest, given that BlackBerry devices are pre-dominantly designed for business-people.

These are some the biggest issues with the new Z10. Their the most biggest issues because they're the most simple to tackle. Why doesn't BlackBerry focus on issues like these instead of things like making word predictions appear in green instead of blue (which is coming in the next update). I mean, who really gives a **** about that?
    Do you even own the phone. To call some you are chatting with if they are in you contacts and hit their name at the top it takes you to their concact info and you call, if they are not in your contacts if you press and hold the number at the top it opens a side menu with two options to call or add contacts.

Search from the home screen (the magnifying glass at the bottom) searches everything. Search from the hub searches the hub. Crazy huh?!?!?

Battery percentage. There is an app for that, in fact many. Isn't apps what all you iDroids harped about as the cure for anything? Now that you have to download readily available ones for battery percentage it is a fail?!

I can add contacts from the hub. For email you have to press the arrow at left for extended header, then press and hold and tons of options come up on right to add to various places, including contacts.

30 day email issue will be fixed with 10.1!

Anyway some of this stuff I didn't know until trying to disprove this thread and you are wrong on every issue but the 30 days of email which Blackberry says will be fixed in 10.1. It wasn't even that hard to figure them out. Perhaps instead of posting your phone can't do something because you can't figure it out and degrading BlackBerry in the process, you should post questions of is it possible and use the search function, otherwise you will simply come off looking like either a troll or challenged individual.
    04-23-13 06:56 AM
    So where's the troll now? Too shame to even post something rather than accepting you're just bashing at z10 coz you're paid to do that? C'mon man, don't do that.
    Under the bridge. Where else. They really only come out to troll. Not to be flamed.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 07:00 AM
    The Z10 has some "nasty" bugs or inconveniences that aren't bugs but are here to stay. Or, they could be flaws that can't be corrected due to OS limitations. Either way, if BlackBerry doesn't sort out these fairly simple but extremely crucial elements in their OS soon, customers will start going back to Android and iOS and leave BlackBerry out of business:

You don't have the option to call a contact from your messages. Remember how handy this feature used to be on Android? It's one of the most simplest of features and is a crime to not have it. On Android, if you were chatting with someone through SMS and then wanted to call that person all you would have to do is long-press the chat snippet and you'd be given lots and lots of options, one of them being CALL. I don't see that option on the Z10.

SEARCH DOESN'T WORK FOR ANYTHING BESIDES EMAIL OR SOCIAL MEDIA. CAN'T SEARCH BY NAME.

Hub: When you're in the hub and you want to search for a phone call you placed the other day, you want to type in the name of the person that you called and have that dialed number show up. What you get is "No entries in this view". Go ahead, please try it.

Inbox: When you're in messages and you want to look up "that" SMS you sent Rachel the other night, you want to type in her name in the search bar and get some results! Sadly, you get nothing but "No entries in this view".

BATTERY PERCENTAGE

What? How excruciating would have it been for you to include this BlackBerry? And it seems it still won't be addressed with new 10.1 update.

ROTATION DELAY

Look how fast screen rotation works on the iOS or Android. Blackberry, please get these kind of things right the first time. It's annoying have to wait 4 seconds for the screen to change its orientation. No matter how new your device is, no, it shouldn't take 4 seconds to rotate the screen.

After using the Z10 for quite a while, I appreciate how important and valuable the Hub is for an average user like me. I find myself doing most things like messaging and calling from inside the Hub. In the world of smartphones, it is a "given" to be able to add a contact from long-pressing an unknown contact number from....ANYWHERE. However, inside the Hub, you are not allowed to add a contact to an unknown number even when you're inside the Calls section. Long-pressing a number inside the Hub doesn't give you that option.

30 DAY EMAIL

I've heard of the 30 day Email limit although I'm not personally bothered by it. However, this is one heck of an OS limitation or bug. Probably the biggest, given that BlackBerry devices are pre-dominantly designed for business-people.

These are some the biggest issues with the new Z10. Their the most biggest issues because they're the most simple to tackle. Why doesn't BlackBerry focus on issues like these instead of things like making word predictions appear in green instead of blue (which is coming in the next update). I mean, who really gives a **** about that?
    Remember. Thor said it would not be released until it's ready. So you must be wrong and do not know how to properly use your BlackBerry. Thor said he has not rebooted his in 30 days.

I would say Thor sucs as a beta tester and needs to say something now as the CDMA Verizon Z10 was not even stable enough for release.

Shove it out there and We will fix it later.

For those with a good Z10 enjoy.
    For the others raise he11 until BlackBerry fixes it!

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-23-13 07:02 AM
    Remember. Thor said it would not be released until it's ready. So you must be wrong and do not know how to properly use your BlackBerry. Thor said he has not rebooted his in 30 days.

I would say Thor sucs as a beta tester and needs to say something now as the CDMA Verizon Z10 was not even stable enough for release.

Tim

The facts that it is mostly only the Verizon phones that are unstable implies it might be something specific to their technology or network. Here on Rogers in Canada And mine has been fairly stable. That being said, it is a valid point to make.
    On the other hand, everything OP has complained about is simply user error.

Posted via CB10
    cman5 likes this.
    04-23-13 07:09 AM
    These kind of guys ( dont want to use the word "troll") just po.op a thread like this then vanish into thin air leaving us wonder what planet they came from. If i have a dollar for every thread like this. I might have enough to get me-self the Q10.
    SDTRMG and Egod101 like this.
    04-23-13 07:12 AM
    Battery percentage is provided in the Settings.

Setting > About > Hardware
    Too much fiddling around to find the percentage I should look at the screen and it should be right in front I shouldn't have to for it in the settings all the time and I don't want to use wallpaper changer

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 and cman5 like this.
    04-23-13 07:17 AM
    I can actually do most of the things you say I can't....

Posted via CB10
    cman5 likes this.
    04-23-13 07:45 AM
    Too much fiddling around to find the percentage I should look at the screen and it should be right in front I shouldn't have to for it in the settings all the time and I don't want to use wallpaper changer

Posted via CB10
    Battery lover app is free and shows you percentage. Other apps available too like Battery Guru. Funny how people complained about lack of apps but now complain about having to download one because a bar graph battery readout is unacceptable.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL, cman5 and SDTRMG like this.
    04-23-13 08:07 AM

Tim

Funny how all the other carriers released 10.0.10 but Verizon has not. I'm sure BBRY is holding it from only Verizon to mess with them and it's users! Just like they never gave Verizon plenty of Storm software versions and Verizon wouldn't approve them. Dan Thor for discriminating against the only carrier giving true hero status to the device!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 08:15 AM
    Its seems to me that every negative posting is from someone with like 16 posts? something smells fishy!!
    No it doesn't

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 08:16 AM
    Funny how all the other carriers released 10.0.10 but Verizon has not. I'm sure BBRY is holding it from only Verizon to mess with them and it's users! Just like they never gave Verizon plenty of Storm software versions and Verizon wouldn't approve them. Dan Thor for discriminating against the only carrier giving true hero status to the device!

Posted via CB10
    It's good to know that the carriers thoroughly tested the phone during the delay in the usa release

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-23-13 08:19 AM
    First of all I'm huge BB fan and I still use my Bold 9700. However after 3 years I want to make a witch to a bigger screen and I would like to stay with BB as I'm not a fan of Android or Windows phones. I'm starting to think to switch to Apple if BB doesn't step up and do some improvements that is necessary for BB to stay in the smartphone market for years to come.

The only thing Apple is missing is a central place for their messages like the HUB on BB and another home screen instead displaying all the apps from the home screen. And the HUB isn't that great on the Z10. Here's why: When you get an e-mail, facebook message or notification and I read it on my computer at work or home on my tablet or any other device, it will still say that the message or notification hasn't been read on my BB while this isn't the case. Nokia Lumia 920 has already got this problem solved.... I would like BB to update this. Watch:

Other things BB should do are asap:

Camera: Get a better camera. This one ain't any good and pretty awful compared to any other device out there. Timeshift is great, must be said.

Apps:[/B] Apps are coming, however I wish it would improve a lot better and faster. Still can't do any mobile banking on the Z10. I have contacted my bank to please make an app for BB10 OS. As they do have it for all the old school BB's. As BB fans it's our duty to contact companies to get the word out to companies that we want and need BB10 apps.

Subscription: Why do I still have to pay � 5,00 extra for BB on my contract for BBM? Get rid of this and bring BBM to android, windows and IOS if possible. And why is there an option for BBM to automatically add contact from your phone to BBM as whatsapp does pretty clever?

Battery: Bigger battery. The battery should had been a 2100 mAh or bigger for that little extra for heavy users. Must commend on the extra battery accessories is pretty smart and will work for a lot people. However I ain't going to travel around with and extra battery all day.

HD Screen: Maybe a bit early but I think that the Z10 should have come with an HD screen as other phones are starting to come with these screens. BB fans has to waite properly another year. So sad!!!!

Great stuff: BB has got the best keyboard out there. Love it and this is this properly the biggest reason for me to get the Z10.

BB should build as very cheap Z10 kind of phone as there is a great market for smartphone in south america and south east asia....this could bring a lot of apps to the phone and increaser the amount of users. Not to forget the earnings they would make.
    darkehawke likes this.
    04-23-13 08:31 AM
    all I am going to say is NOPE Thanks though for trying
    kidmac13 likes this.
    04-23-13 08:46 AM
    First of all I'm huge BB fan and I still use my Bold 9700. However after 3 years I want to make a witch to a bigger screen and I would like to stay with BB as I'm not a fan of Android or Windows phones. I'm starting to think to switch to Apple if BB doesn't step up and do some improvements that is necessary for BB to stay in the smartphone market for years to come.

The only thing Apple is missing is a central place for their messages like the HUB on BB and another home screen instead displaying all the apps from the home screen. And the HUB isn't that great on the Z10. Here's why: When you get an e-mail, facebook message or notification and I read it on my computer at work or home on my tablet or any other device, it will still say that the message or notification hasn't been read on my BB while this isn't the case. Nokia Lumia 920 has already got this problem solved.... I would like BB to update this. Watch:

Camera: Get a better camera. This one ain't any good and pretty awful compared to any other device out there. Timeshift is great, must be said.

Apps:[/B] Apps are coming, however I wish it would improve a lot better and faster. Still can't do any mobile banking on the Z10. I have contacted my bank to please make an app for BB10 OS. As they do have it for all the old school BB's. As BB fans it's our duty to contact companies to get the word out to companies that we want and need BB10 apps.

Subscription: Why do I still have to pay � 5,00 extra for BB on my contract for BBM? Get rid of this and bring BBM to android, windows and IOS if possible. And why is there an option for BBM to automatically add contact from your phone to BBM as whatsapp does pretty clever?

Battery: Bigger battery. The battery should had been a 2100 mAh or bigger for that little extra for heavy users. Must commend on the extra battery accessories is pretty smart and will work for a lot people. However I ain't going to travel around with and extra battery all day.

HD Screen: Maybe a bit early but I think that the Z10 should have come with an HD screen as other phones are starting to come with these screens. BB fans has to waite properly another year. So sad!!!!

Great stuff: BB has got the best keyboard out there. Love it and this is this properly the biggest reason for me to get the Z10.

BB should build as very cheap Z10 kind of phone as there is a great market for smartphone in south america and south east asia....this could bring a lot of apps to the phone and increaser the amount of users. Not to forget the earnings they would make.
    I assume that this is a joke post

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 08:52 AM
    I assume that this is a joke post

Posted via CB10
    Sadly, I do not think so.
    I really hope I am wrong and that my BS detector is broken.
    darkehawke and SDTRMG like this.
    04-23-13 09:02 AM
    Sadly, I do not think so.
    I really hope I am wrong and that my BS detector is broken.
    Browsing these forums is a weary task these days

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:07 AM

Subscription: Why do I still have to pay € 5,00 extra for BB on my contract for BBM? Get rid of this and bring BBM to android, windows and IOS if possible. And why is there an option for BBM to automatically add contact from your phone to BBM as whatsapp does pretty clever?

Here's another fine example of how the Actuality Hammer, is going to smash your reality:

Reality - you've accepted the programming of reviews, from all suspect sources.

Actuality - until you own a Z10, what you wasted in time, typing your response, could have been spent towards going to your nearby smartphone provider, going in debt for a month, signing a new contract, and walking out with your precious.

I'm just saying...
    SDTRMG and baolam86 like this.
    04-23-13 09:09 AM
    Haha! The mods should add the word "False" or "Troll" on the title of this thread! OS limitations so bugs will be never be corrected? Even if these are real issues, they can easily fixed on any plateforms!

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-23-13 09:10 AM
    I think he means below battery graphics on lockscreen
    04-23-13 09:11 AM

BATTERY PERCENTAGE

ROTATION DELAY

30 DAY EMAIL

Nobody will leave BlackBerry for this, it is strictly personal opinion. I came from ios and still use an android.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:23 AM
    OP is MIA. Surprise.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-23-13 09:26 AM
    If you're having problems with the device I'll be glad to take it off your hands (assuming it's on Verizon) I don't want someone to go through these heart aching situations. I'm more than willing to take that bullet for you.
    04-23-13 09:30 AM
    Its seems to me that every negative posting is from someone with like 16 posts? something smells fishy!!
    Well it makes sense that only the newbies would ask about what is obvious to everyone else.
    04-23-13 09:36 AM
    I just rotated my phone to see how responsive it is, and it was faster than on my Galaxy Nexus.
    Curious: how long does it actually take?

My Z10 takes 2.5 seconds. My Razr Maxx takes 1 second.

Doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's the difference between "waiting" for it to happen, and it "just happening."
    niss63 likes this.
    04-23-13 09:37 AM

BATTERY PERCENTAGE

ROTATION DELAY

30 DAY EMAIL

1. If you tap there name it shows you there contact info.

2. You can do this from the main search, from what I heard hub search I'd for email.

3. I have wallpaper hd, it displays my percentage, I also have battery lover monitoring my battery n showing percentage in an active frame. And it's free. Ios didn't have one to recently last year.

4. Di you really think BlackBerry released with phone with out testing it? I'm sure they felt the screen rotation was at a good spot. The problem is everyone expecting and android and ios like experience. If I buy a BMW I'm not gonna expect it to work like a Mercedes Benz. If that's the case buy the benz(android/ios)

5. You indeed can add a contact from the hub, you just tap the top number and add to new or existing. Seems like you haven't really used your phone.

6. 30 day email wasn't a os limitation, it was a choice by blackberry. And in 10.1 you can now have them forever, if you choose.

Like I said these are not flaws, problems, os limitation. These are personal opinion and someone who hasn't explored this device.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:42 AM
189 1234 ...