I updated to the latest OS the other day (10.3.1.2267). There is the new feature on the SMS menu where the last selected SMS has a 'reply' and a 'delete' button.

I accidentally deleted the last received text (and a years worth of texts) from the guy I work for.. it behaves in the same way as deleting browser cookies, an 'undo' button pops up for a few seconds and I wasn't quick enough to press it.

Is there any way to retrieve the messages, or completely disable this feature? It's an unnecessary feature in my opinion. Why is there a reply button when you can already touch the message to reply? And deleting texts is not something that happens enough to warrant a button for it.
    Last edited by murray55; 02-25-15 at 03:42 PM.
    02-25-15 03:21 PM
    Once it's deleted, and you miss the "window of opportunity", it's gone.......period.
    02-25-15 03:32 PM
    Once it's deleted, and you miss the "window of opportunity", it's gone.......period.
    Awesome.

But there's no way to remove this 'feature'? I've looked everywhere in settings.
    02-25-15 03:34 PM
    I think it's baked in. You just have to be careful when you hit the delete/trash can.
    02-25-15 03:42 PM
    You can remove this feature in Hub settings. Go to display management and disable one of the email actions. It will then default to reply as the only button for text message.
    02-25-15 03:52 PM
    You can remove this feature in Hub settings. Go to display management and disable one of the email actions. It will then default to reply as the only button for text message.
    Great, thanks.

Though oddly enough it only allows me to remove one of them and keep the remaining button as 'reply'... hopefully this gets fixed in an update!
    02-25-15 05:24 PM