Do u discharge the new battery completely before charging it to full, or do u charge it right away to full, right out from the box?

http://m.techrepublic.com/blog/five-...ttery-life/289

Is there any tech expert out there that can explain the correct way to handle the batteries on our new phones?

Thanks!
    soccasta786 likes this.
    05-04-13 11:34 AM
    why do you ask? you have all the answer from that http that you posted
    05-04-13 11:54 AM
    Just train your battery for a couple of days and you'll be fine. I did it with my Z10 and haven't had a single battery dying issue since week 1

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:19 PM
    I'm interested in different people's takes on how they handle the battery when they got their new phones. And their reason. The site may be inaccurate?
    05-04-13 06:43 PM
    Usually: charge it to 100%, drain it fully ONCE, recharge fully and use the phone as usual.

It calibrates the battery, and you don't need to do this often either. I try and do it once or twice every year to keep it in check. Every 30 days like your article says seems to be pretty excessive to me personally.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 07:10 PM
    Don't.
    Just.
    DON'T.

The Z10 uses a Lithium-Ion batery, not a Nickel-Cadmium one. It has no memory or hunger issues that make you need to charge it more and more for less and less performance. If you do the discharge to 0 thing, you'll hurt the battery life.

Use it normally, let it go to 10% or so and then recharge it fully but DO NOT let it drain to 0.

EDIT: Oh lol... Just read your own link, will you?

3: Allow partial discharges and avoid full ones (usually)
    Unlike NiCad batteries, lithium-ion batteries do not have a charge memory. That means deep-discharge cycles are not required. In fact, it’s better for the battery to use partial-discharge cycles.

There is one exception. Battery experts suggest that after 30 charges, you should allow lithium-ion batteries to almost completely discharge. Continuous partial discharges create a condition called digital memory, decreasing the accuracy of the device’s power gauge. So let the battery discharge to the cut-off point and then recharge. The power gauge will be recalibrated.

Meaning, use your phone and charge it when it asks you to.
    npisano likes this.
    05-04-13 07:40 PM
    Why worry about it? The battery is under 25 bucks to replace.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 07:44 PM
    Quote:
    Storing lithium-ion batteries at 40 percent discharge and in the refrigerator (not freezer) is recommended

...Refrigerator? Really?

05-04-13 09:11 PM
    Quote:
    Storing lithium-ion batteries at 40 percent discharge and in the refrigerator (not freezer) is recommended

...Refrigerator? Really?

It's science

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:21 PM
    Less voltage leak and higher efficiency from cold batteries, and all electronic devices for that matter.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:54 PM
    Let it go to 20% then charge fully, then do this two more times and it should give u the best it will ever be.

I do this with all my devices and on the z10 I get 12-19 hrs on a full charge.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    05-04-13 09:58 PM