I did a backup of my Z10 STL1 while I was on the official 10.1.0.4181. I loaded 10.2 and was unable to restore anything (either nothing happens or it restarts) to my phone. I have two separate backups of 2.3 gb and honestly I just need my memos back. I even tried downgrading and restoring but it just wont happen on my phone. I went back to the official 10.1.0.4181 but same problem, the phone just restarts when I try to restore.

I moved the back to a different computer thinking my PC was corrupted, but to no avail. I've tried using an older backup on a different computer as well, but no luck. I'm fed up, please someone help. I've wasted 3 days trying to do this, I never had any issues installing leaks on my 9900, but i really need my memos on the Remember app back. It would be nice to get the other stuff but I can gather it from the various cloud storage I have.

Any suggestions would help.
    08-11-13 11:16 AM
    Try restoring certain parts of the backup at a time. Sometimes it works restoring certain parts at a time. Like just the "settings." That's where your remember and notes are.
    08-11-13 11:26 AM
    Search around here and the "beta" forum -- there are reports of this exact issue. Not sure if it's been sorted.
    08-11-13 12:55 PM
    Try restoring certain parts of the backup at a time. Sometimes it works restoring certain parts at a time. Like just the "settings." That's where your remember and notes are.
    I've tried that, but even separately it fails
    08-12-13 04:22 AM
    Have similar problem, will do a full security wipe now and report later.

#Either link backup is terrible or the leaked os i have is buggy.

Nothing works, ffs, blackberry should improve link backup holy s***
    Last edited by g2gcya; 08-26-13 at 09:34 PM.
    08-26-13 08:12 PM
    The fix is

Restore your media and app data last.

Restore your settings and other small things THEN restore media THEN app data.

Better yet, don't restore your media at all.

douevenCB10?
    08-27-13 01:12 AM
    Wipe the z10 then when going through the setup skip logging into your bbid. Once setup is done login through the settings menu, now restore.
    Worked for me, best of luck!
    08-27-13 01:44 AM
    Wipe the z10 then when going through the setup skip logging into your bbid. Once setup is done login through the settings menu, now restore.
    Worked for me, best of luck!
    I've tried these steps, however it hadn't worked. I even downgraded my OS and tried the same but to no avail. Further yet, I got the last official release of my carrier on my device after soft bricking it, but it still hasn't worked. Do you think I might have damaged the sync between Z10 to any computer by loading the leaked OS?
    08-27-13 03:42 AM
    If you have a sd card. Take that out and then restore. Works for me

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 04:08 AM
    Nothing works.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 05:39 AM
    Do a full wipe and then try restoring one setting at a time, first settings, then media, then apps.

The backup is some what corrupted.

I only had this issue once after a OS upgrade.

But the media still would not load back to the device.

Now I did have separate backups of the media so I was able to get it back manually.

I now always manually save all folders from my z10 and playbook to have a separate backup of them, before I use link to backup.

When phone is plugged into computer just go to My Computer and look for the phones Drive Letter Mine is Z and then open it up and manually copy the entire contents in there.... Or just want you want to copy and backup to a Folder on your PC.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 06:56 AM
    I am going through same problem. Tried everything. But have observed a new message i get in my blackberry link after it FAILS. Its says "Cannot restore device if connection is through wifi"
    Now i dont understand wht this means. Though is a layman i actually switched off wifi of pc and device.... still the FAIL continues....

I have done wipe, BBID login later thingy, downgrading, and many more... Everything is a FAIL... Running out of patience now... Someone please HELP !!!
    11-22-13 07:10 AM
    Did you enter you BlackBerry Id on your device, without the restore would not start, and then try to upgrade with link, later if that doesn't help try to get the same os and use fire chest app to make a backup of all you need

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 08:01 AM
    Have you updated BlackBerry Link? The last versions sacked for me when trying to reload a backup. The new version of link works way better.

Brought to you by...My sweet Z10
    11-22-13 09:12 AM
    im using the latest link version.... FAIL FAIL FAIL
    11-22-13 10:57 AM