I noticed that when I copy a number from the Web, I am unable to paste it in the dial pad.

Hope this is fixed in an update!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 02:58 PM
    Yes this is known.
    03-10-13 03:04 PM
    Ouch, I just noticed this too...what a silly oversight.
    03-10-13 03:06 PM
    Big oversight I agree. There is a work around though. Copy the phone number as usual, type in tel: in the browser address bar and then paste the number. When you hit enter, it will ask if you want to dial the number...

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 03:52 PM
    Well I can't really think of a reason to need to do that, since if there's a phone number somewhere like in your browser you should be able to just tap it to call. But still, there's no reason not to allow people to do it the long way.
    03-10-13 03:55 PM
    ^ ^What he said ^^ Hopefully 10.1 update which will be out soon will fix this!
    03-10-13 03:55 PM
    Copy the number in browser, click on url bar, type tel: and paste the number.
    vptsff likes this.
    03-10-13 03:56 PM
    Well I can't really think of a reason to need to do that, since if there's a phone number somewhere like in your browser you should be able to just tap it to call. But still, there's no reason not to allow people to do it the long way.
    Some numbers don't show up as a link in the browser... that's why...ok? Here is an example... http://www.deesharvesttable.com/Cont...6/Default.aspx

Posted via CB10
    jesse_h likes this.
    03-10-13 04:10 PM
    Try it. It doesn't work. You can't tap numbers in the browser to call unless they're specially formatted by the person who made the page. The browser doesn't automatically pick out phone numbers and make them clickable. Two big oversights, but will probably be corrected with future software updates.
    03-10-13 04:30 PM
    Do other phones pick out numbers off static pages?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 04:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes
    03-10-13 04:40 PM
    Just install UC Browser, it does this automatically.

http://ow.ly/it6i7

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    03-10-13 05:12 PM
    UC Browser mini for BB10, (1) as far as I can tell is an Android port; (2) is next to useless on my phone (i.e. doesn't successfully load any site other than yahoo.com).
    Last edited by zc1; 03-10-13 at 06:10 PM.
    03-10-13 05:56 PM
    You can't just tap a number on any web page, unless the page was coded that way...haven't you noticed this? Why do you think the OP posted this?
    03-10-13 06:00 PM
    Just install UC Browser, it does this automatically.

Cakes pulled over possible fecal contamination | World | News | Vancouver 24 hrs

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Did you actually try that link? It points to a story about Ikea recalling almond cake because of fecal matter...

Exactly what does that have to do with UC Browser????????
    03-10-13 06:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    I just checked all of them:

-iPhone 3G running iOS 4.2 -- Works w/ stock browser (Safari)
    -Galaxy Note 2 running JellyBean 4.1.2 -- Works w/ stock browser
    -Lumia 920 running Portico -- Works, but not w/ stock browser (IE); works with Nokia Express browser and Surf Cube browser

*All three* also allow pasting phone numbers into the dialer as well. I have tried several other browsers downloaded from BB World and none of them worked, either.

It's just an oversight. BB will fix it.

P.S. Yes, I took the iPhone 3G out of its 2-year-long hibernation in my desk drawer and charged it specifically to test this because I was sure it was able to do so, lol.
    03-10-13 06:18 PM
    Did you actually try that link? It points to a story about Ikea recalling almond cake because of fecal matter...

Exactly what does that have to do with UC Browser????????
    LOL. I was afraid to try the link, but eventually gave in and clicked. I shouldn't have bothered.
    03-10-13 06:20 PM
    I noticed that when I copy a number from the Web, I am unable to paste it in the dial pad.
    I wrote a little app to do it: Clipboard Dialer. It scans your clipboard for phone numbers and allows you to call or text them, add to contacts etc. Also works by selecting a paragraph or two in your browser or e-mail, tapping the text and sharing it with Clipboard Dialer.
    04-11-13 11:48 PM
    Pasting into the dialer worked on my Bold... this should be and will be fixed.
    04-11-13 11:52 PM