Hey,

I recently received my Limited Edition Z10. I updated it to the latest available OS update that is 10.0.10.82. It's STL100-1(if that makes any difference). Now I'm on an internet connection with proxy. I've done the appropriate proxy settings and observe that I am able to update my OS using this internet connection (with proxy) however when I try and install anything inside the BlackBerry World using this internet connection it given an error while downloading.

I don't understand why BlackBerry world doesn't use the network proxy settings, just like the update feature does. The apps download alright on a proxy-free internet connection. This issue is really troubling.

Similarly BlackBerry Link doesn't use system proxy settings while most of the major desktop softwares do.

Thanks.
    04-30-13 09:05 AM
    Hey,

I recently received my Limited Edition Z10. I updated it to the latest available OS update that is 10.0.10.82. It's STL100-1(if that makes any difference). Now I'm on an internet connection with proxy. I've done the appropriate proxy settings and observe that I am able to update my OS using this internet connection (with proxy) however when I try and install anything inside the BlackBerry World using this internet connection it given an error while downloading.

I don't understand why BlackBerry world doesn't use the network proxy settings, just like the update feature does. The apps download alright on a proxy-free internet connection. This issue is really troubling.

Similarly BlackBerry Link doesn't use system proxy settings while most of the major desktop softwares do.

Thanks.
    If I were to make a guess, it would likely be a security issue to not be able to access this kind of thing via proxy, possibly to prevent theft or compromise of apps. If someone else has a better answer, please join in.
    05-13-13 11:42 AM
    I have a different proxy problem, I have a http/https proxy on my work wifi.
    On the 10.0 OS versions I had no problems. When I updated to 10.1 leaks, my gmail account wont sync over the wifi. I get a 'server did not respond' error. If I remove the proxy settings from my wifi profile or I switch back to 3g network, my account starts to sync.
    When I remove the proxy settings from my wifi, my browsing and app downloads dont work, just the mail account sync does.

This proxy issue has been on all the 10.1 leaks, 10.1.0.1484, 10.1.0.16xx and 10.1.0.1720, but not on the official 10.0 OS or leaked 10.0 OS's. I also have a stl 100-1.

So there is some buggy proxy support if you ask me.
    05-13-13 01:43 PM