My phone is running OS 10.3.1.821, Whenever I try to connect my phone to blackberry link it says "Disconnect your device from your computer and complete the setup app on your device. When complete, reconnect your device and I'm sure I have completed the setup in the beginning only.

Anyone please help

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 07:03 AM
    I assume you have rebooted both....

Don't know of a way to initialize the setup process, but there should be a setup app with some of the same steps. Try some of those... especially the BB ID one, as it's required to "link" LINK to a device using the same BB ID.

Other than that all I would know to do would be a reinstall of the OS.
    shardulxz likes this.
    11-06-14 07:35 AM
    It took installing the BlackBerry blend software and letting link upgrade for link to recognize my Vzw z30 after I put 10.3 on. Prior to installing blend link would not recognize my phone. I rebooted my phone, plugged it in and let blend install. Was able to get link to pick it up and get a backup done then.

Posted via CB10
    shardulxz likes this.
    11-06-14 07:48 AM
    Thanks alot guys, i'll try this procedure then I'll let you know .

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 08:08 AM
    Still not working

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 09:32 AM
    I've seen this happen when you go through the initial setup and not connect your phone to either mobile or WiFi network. If it's new phone do a wipe and go through the setup again but this time have some kind of data connection.

Posted via CB10
    shardulxz likes this.
    11-06-14 09:40 AM
    I have a lot of data and I really need to back it up before I wipe everything else, so can you please tell me if there is a way that I can again do that setup again as I have seen somewhere someone told that you have to go to your browser and write something and you'll get the setup menu.
    Anyways thanks .

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 09:44 AM
    I had a similar issue yesterday, and searched for almost one hour before finding the cable was the problem. That USB cable was good only for charging.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 09:50 AM
    It's not that I have Z30 and I used the same cable to connect it to blackberry link and it works and even my z30 is on the same 10.3.1.821 OS.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:00 AM
    I'm not able to use blackberry link to sync my phone but I can use mass storage option :|, I really need to do backup

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:27 AM
    Try Darcy's Tools http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-tools-956835/

See if it will connect and allow you to create a backup of your phone....

I just don't know of a escreen tweak to reset your phone without destroying the data... maybe someone else does.
    11-06-14 10:36 AM
    Are you running blackberry Link on a windows computer? if so what version
    11-06-14 10:45 AM
    To go into initial set up again, open the browser and type oobe:// in the address bar. A screen asking if you want to go into initial set up will appear.
    However, some people have reported that this sent their Passport into rebooting cycles. Some said no problem at all. So do this at your own risk.

I have also had same problem several times, where Link/computer does say the Passport is not connected while it does and is charging. Shutting down the computer at the end of the day and start it up the next day works for me, while restart (or start up the computer right after shutting it down) often does not work. It is strange and funny. Don't know why.
    11-06-14 11:02 AM
    I created this problem on my Z10 running 10.3.0.1418, I was trying to figure out why Search didn't include apps. I happened across "obee://" and tried it to see if it would help my search issue.

Now I have 2 issues, the original and now my newly created one. Now BB Link and the BB Device Manager both tell me to disconnect and complete setup. Every time I reboot I get a "Complete Setup" notification, which launches the setup app at the point of the last tutorials. Whether I run through the tutorials or not, the issue persists and trying "obee://" in the browser now takes me to the setup tutorials.

Any thoughts (besides a wipe) on how to clear this setup issue?
    anon(3066922) likes this.
    11-06-14 01:48 PM
    Caught me out too a while back. The problem is that the drivers for the PC connection manager need to be updated - before Blackberry Link can be updated. Took me a long time to crack this one, finally resorted to finding & downloading the drivers from Blackberry World's 'update Blackberry Link' page with my PC. I can't remember the exact procedure as it was around the beginning of October when I did it, but, once you've downloaded and updated the drivers, you can complete the update from within Link - then 'connection manager' will find your phone again.

Hope this solves your problem.
    11-06-14 02:47 PM
    Caught me out too a while back. The problem is that the drivers for the PC connection manager need to be updated - before Blackberry Link can be updated. Took me a long time to crack this one, finally resorted to finding & downloading the drivers from Blackberry World's 'update Blackberry Link' page with my PC. I can't remember the exact procedure as it was around the beginning of October when I did it, but, once you've downloaded and updated the drivers, you can complete the update from within Link - then 'connection manager' will find your phone again.

Hope this solves your problem.
    Thanks for the reply. I did upgrade BB Link and PC drivers to the latest and greatest this morning but it didn't solve the connection issue. My guess is that unless there's a way to clear the incomplete setup flag on the phone, I'm out of luck...
    11-06-14 03:05 PM
    Sorry it didn't work for you Lapwolf, my post was really directed at the OP who's symptoms are the same as I experienced.

Just by way of lateral thinking, could your usb cable or your micro usb port be on the fritz?
    11-06-14 03:22 PM
    I have a similar issue after installing 1016 on my z10-stl3. everytime that I plug it in via usb it asks to install drivers. I unplug it and the device manager keeps saying its connected over and over again. it is starting to get on my nerves. Yet it never actually full connects so that the two folders (phone and card) show up like they used to.
    11-06-14 03:30 PM
    Thanks a lot guys , i'll try it out in morning and will get back to you if anything did worked or it didn't.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 04:36 PM
    Sorry it didn't work for you Lapwolf, my post was really directed at the OP who's symptoms are the same as I experienced.

Just by way of lateral thinking, could your usb cable or your micro usb port be on the fritz?
    I get the same error with wifi or USB. I'm afraid it's autoloader time...
    11-06-14 07:39 PM
    At another time, after a reconnecting failure, I found that in the Process tab in Task Manager, there were still several similar blackberry/RIM processes (or whatever they are called) running. At the same time, everything to do with Blackberry had been closed. So these processes were kind of locked there. After ending these processes, the computer could find my blackberries again.
    11-06-14 09:07 PM
    Still not working

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 07:40 AM
    I'd try and see if you can do a backup using Darcy's Tools.... if it works, then reload the OS (may could just do a wipe) and make sure to go through all the setup steps.

Wouldn't hurt to uninstall link > reboot computer > install the newest version of Link (think Blend has a newer one than is listed on BB site) > reboot computer > try to connect your newly reformatted BlackBerry
    11-07-14 09:05 AM
    I'd try and see if you can do a backup using Darcy's Tools.... if it works, then reload the OS (may could just do a wipe) and make sure to go through all the setup steps.

Wouldn't hurt to uninstall link > reboot computer > install the newest version of Link (think Blend has a newer one than is listed on BB site) > reboot computer > try to connect your newly reformatted BlackBerry
    I don't think Darcy's Tools can create a backup, only restore from a backup...
    11-07-14 11:07 AM
    Go in to Setting, Storage and Access, Access to USB, and turn off mass storage mode.

When I do this, Link works again.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 11:13 AM
33 12