Hi, folks, I'm used to connect to a guest wifi at work which uses a captive portal login.

But... When I'm back home I have to restart my device in order to connect to my home wifi.
    I haven't connected to other public hotspots for a long time, but as far as I remember, this happed also with other public networks that have been using a captive portal.

The question is - am I doing something wrong or it is some kind of bug?
    04-28-15 05:37 AM
    Hmm, I'm not sure why this would be happening... what if you try toggling Wi-Fi on/off or put your device into Airplane Mode temporarily and then turn Airplane Mode off again to cycle the radios in the device versus completely restarting it?
    04-28-15 11:30 AM
    I found my home Wi-Fi connects much better after I created the connection using WPS. Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
    04-28-15 12:10 PM
    Hi, folks, I'm used to connect to a guest wifi at work which uses a captive portal login.

But... When I'm back home I have to restart my device in order to connect to my home wifi.
    I haven't connected to other public hotspots for a long time, but as far as I remember, this happed also with other public networks that have been using a captive portal.

The question is - am I doing something wrong or it is some kind of bug?
    I (almost always) have to reset my connection, when I get home, after connecting to public TWC/Cable hotspots. Carl's Jr hotspots are also problematic.
    04-28-15 12:26 PM
    Hmm, I'm not sure why this would be happening... what if you try toggling Wi-Fi on/off or put your device into Airplane Mode temporarily and then turn Airplane Mode off again to cycle the radios in the device versus completely restarting it?
    Well, that's why I'm asking here :-)
    Turning it off and on again was the first thing I tried. Airplane mode didn't work as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 01:54 PM
    Well, it looks something is wrong with the router. We have moved and now we are using a new router and no problems appear. Strange anyway. The old router was ASUS WL-500 gp v. 2
    09-29-15 07:02 AM