Aloha!

What do yall think about Pattern Lock and mass texting being available on the new BB10?

So excited for the phones to come out! I do not enjoy my ipad at all because of it's keyboard but I have a feeling BB10 be just right!
    12-27-12 08:00 PM
    @BlackBerryScoop recently tweeted that RIM owns the patent to pattern lock and will be including it on BB10, along with other lock methods. I don't know the full validity of his statement, but RIM does indeed own the patent to "pattern tap to unlock" so I'd be surprised if it didn't show up on BlackBerry 10.

As for mass texting, what exactly do you mean by that? I recently sent one text message to eight different people simultaneously from my 9810, so if that's what you mean, there's no reason they'd remove it on BB10.
    CrownIsle and meganVee like this.
    12-27-12 08:05 PM
    WHAT???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is amazing news! Pattern Lock is truly an INCREDIBLE app that can be used all over the phones OS! Best news I've had all day! Thanks for that 411. High hopes here!

Mass texting- like being able to text your entire phone book. There currently is a limit, only 10 per text.
    12-27-12 08:12 PM
    Mass texting- like being able to text your entire phone book. There currently is a limit, only 10 per text.
    Ah, texting more than 10 people at once? Interesting question. Unless the Dev Alpha has text messaging capabilities, we probably won't know until BB10 hits the market and someone gives it a try (although even the Dev Alpha isn't necessarily a good indicator either, seeing as it's not final software).
    12-27-12 08:24 PM
    Valid point, I didn't think of that. True enough. Would be nice though, that's all. Man oh man, stop the suspense and excitement!
    12-27-12 08:29 PM
    @BlackBerryScoop recently tweeted that RIM owns the patent to pattern lock and will be including it on BB10, along with other lock methods. I don't know the full validity of his statement, but RIM does indeed own the patent to "pattern tap to unlock" so I'd be surprised if it didn't show up on BlackBerry 10.

As for mass texting, what exactly do you mean by that? I recently sent one text message to eight different people simultaneously from my 9810, so if that's what you mean, there's no reason they'd remove it on BB10.
    But BlackBerryScoop is an imposter so OP, just have to wait til Launch to find out. Be cool though.
    12-27-12 11:13 PM
    I thought the Crackberry poster is the imposter... and I think BlackBerryScoop on Twitter is the real deal. At least that's my understanding of all this...
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-28-12 12:45 AM
    whats pattern locking?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    12-28-12 06:44 AM
    @BlackBerryScoop the real deal? Then why would they post a photo shopped pic of Netflix BB10 app claiming that they have the bar file? We. Have been duped not scooped.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    12-28-12 07:00 AM
    But BlackBerryScoop is an imposter so OP, just have to wait til Launch to find out. Be cool though.
    As I said, I don't know the validity of @BlackBerryScoop's tweets, but a quick Google will confirm that RIM does actually own the patent to "pattern tap to unlock".
    12-28-12 09:11 AM
    I'm not too sure what "pattern tap to unlock" is but if RIM owns something that is very similiar to Pattern Lock, that's good for them. I hope they look at Pattern Lock specifically and see ALL that it does and emulate that app if they can.

I'm guessing that we're going to have to wait it out- things like this are rarely confirmed I'd imagine.

;;;Kanye shrug;;;
    12-28-12 10:05 AM
    I know it's strange wording, but chances are it's more or less exactly the same as normal pattern lock. The wording is likely there to avoid conflicts with Google's patent for pattern lock.

Edit: Here's the exact patent filing diagram, for your interpretation:

(UN) likelihood of Pattern Lock & Mass texting-rimlockunlockpatent.jpg
    12-28-12 10:10 AM
    I didn't even know that good owned Pattern Lock. I had heard little mention of it a while back. Ok, I'm sure RIM or someone there must know how great Pattern Lock"s ability to be used on any area of the phone is- what you said makes sense. Time shall tell!
    12-28-12 10:14 AM
    Ah, texting more than 10 people at once? Interesting question. Unless the Dev Alpha has text messaging capabilities, we probably won't know until BB10 hits the market and someone gives it a try (although even the Dev Alpha isn't necessarily a good indicator either, seeing as it's not final software).
    eh? i've sent mass texts to 80+ people at once (9900 on Rogers)
    12-28-12 01:44 PM
    eh? i've sent mass texts to 80+ people at once (9900 on Rogers)
    I suppose it's possible that it's a carrier-imposed limit. I just tried it out myself and I don't seem to have a 10 person limit either, unlike the OP.
    12-28-12 02:58 PM
    Patent is serious business.
    12-28-12 03:59 PM
    Pattern Lock is an app that disables the touch screen. Need to swipe a pattern across dots you specify to enable the touch screen. On my 9800, sliding open unlocks it too. The torch was my first touch device and I was forever making things happen unintentionally. It was the first app I got.
    CrownIsle likes this.
    12-28-12 06:52 PM
    I thought the Crackberry poster is the imposter... and I think BlackBerryScoop on Twitter is the real deal. At least that's my understanding of all this...
    The real deal in the sense that he is just somebody reposting stuff mentioned elsewhere along with plausible rumours, not that he has any genuine sources or inside knowledge.
    CrownIsle likes this.
    12-29-12 04:19 AM
    Well, the mere mention of Pattern Lock being carriedover to BlackBerry 10 is awesome and wise even.

As for texting your phonebook, I'm on ATT and could never text my phone book. There is always a limit. I have to make groups of ten comtacts,mits so lame amd irritating. No big deal though.
    12-29-12 10:28 AM
    As for texting your phonebook, I'm on ATT and could never text my phone book. There is always a limit. I have to make groups of ten comtacts,mits so lame amd irritating. No big deal though.
    It probably is a carrier thing, outside north america (just US?) people pay to send rather than receive texts so it would be fine for them to send x amount of texts but if people were being charged to receive texts then they might complain about spamming, can you check with a friend using another type of phone on the same network?
    12-29-12 02:22 PM
    Oh yes, it is most totally an ATT thing. I know other companies out here can send a mass texting for indo purposes for friends amd family and stuff. It really is no big deal but it would just make sense to not limit it but that doesn't have anything to do with BB10 coming out actually. I forgot it was carrier related . . . .
    12-29-12 02:35 PM
    mass text messages to group and receive replies using easy to use web based mass texting application. With TxtImpact mass text messaging (SMS) for business service and tools you can send a text message to group of hundred or thousands in seconds using web based application or directly from your mobile phone using remote mass texting broadcast feature.
    Mass text messaging | Easy to implement mass Texting web based software using shared short code, dedicated short codes, & long codes
    01-03-13 01:14 PM
    spam?

Besides, I don't want an app to text I just want to be able to DO IT!
    01-08-13 10:00 AM
    I haven't read any mention of Pattern Lock ;-( Whooooomp whooooooomp
    01-14-13 11:51 PM
    I think the BB10s are supposed to have a native screen lock. If not, I would pay for Pattern Lock.

The other day was on a 5 person text during a football game. My 9800 was just fine. Iphones on the other end were fine, but my wife's S3 couldn't handle it and we share the same ATT plan.
    01-16-13 09:07 AM
38 12