Anyone had any issues?

I'm on orange UK and since arriving in the states I can't connect to any network. Just says emergency calls only.

Is the UK z10 compatible?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 08:00 PM
    Anyone had any issues?

I'm on orange UK and since arriving in the states I can't connect to any network. Just says emergency calls only.

Is the UK z10 compatible?

Posted via CB10
    I read where people had problems with the UK z10 working in the states why I made sure mine came from Canada
    03-23-13 08:10 PM
    Can anyone confirm this? Would it be a temporary thing?

My UK 9900 worked a treat wherever in th world I took it. It's hardly a phone for people that want to get things done if I can't use it on my travels.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 08:19 PM
    Never had problems with mine -... but...

as far as I know - STL100-1,2,3 have the same frequency support for 2G - and when roaming you don't want to roam data anyway...

Make sure you have configured your phone to 2G net - and NOT 3G/4G only....

also - make sure you connect to a network in US where your SIM carrier have a roaming agreement with... It can be your Z10 (if set on Auto) will try to connect to a carrier which your "home provider" don't have agreements with.. by going to mobile Network Setup - setting to manual - and choosing a different provider - Might help you..
    03-23-13 10:37 PM
    I have tried switching it to just 2g and 3g. There isn't an option to connect only by 2g.

I have tried manual scan for network and as far as I know T-Mobile is oranges roaming partner. But when I select it, it just says emergency calls only.

Still no joy

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:21 AM
    I have tried switching it to just 2g and 3g. There isn't an option to connect only by 2g.

I have tried manual scan for network and as far as I know T-Mobile is oranges roaming partner. But when I select it, it just says emergency calls only.

Still no joy
    Does your home network provide roaming in your contract?

I know that some require special subscription - or to "enable" roaming on their subscription...

Perhaps a call to Orange can fix your problem
    03-24-13 11:31 AM
    Does your home network provide roaming in your contract?

I know that some require special subscription - or to "enable" roaming on their subscription...

Perhaps a call to Orange can fix your problem
    I'll have to give that a try I guess. Starting to regret moving from Vodafone

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:45 AM
    You can check online if your orange account has roaming enabled, as far as I remember you have to set it up it doesn't automatically get set up. I've never had problems with blackberries on orange working in USA ( not tried z10 yet) be interested to know solution though before I go to states later in year.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 02:51 PM