Amazon will probably have a more competitive price. I once haggled at a Carphone Warehouse and got a phone Sim Free at the on network price saving �50.
    Failing that; Have you thought about selling a Kidney?
    01-25-13 03:40 AM
    i paid �509 simfree for my 9900 when it came out...so anything under that for a flagship handset and new os is good for me
    01-25-13 04:36 AM
    I went into my local Carphone Warehouse. The store rep looked up their inventory and their price of a SIM free 16Gb Z10 is �479.95. I think I'll wait till the price hits �400. That's how much I've put aside to buy the phone outright.
    The �479 matches the rumour of $700 Canadian - However I have just checked with a friend in CPW, who currently has no pricing on the system (yes, the SKU exists for white and black)

I would like to see �400 GBP
    01-25-13 11:14 AM
    Just spoke to the manager at my local Vodafone, who told me Z10 will go on sale on the 30th Jan. She did say they might not have them in store then but could get them delivered. I did double check she didn't mean pre-order and she was adamant the could get them from the warehouse from the 30th.

Gordon
    01-25-13 11:55 AM
    Well i want a place for Jamaican Rumours
    01-25-13 12:01 PM
    Just spoke to the manager at my local Vodafone, who told me Z10 will go on sale on the 30th Jan. She did say they might not have them in store then but could get them delivered. I did double check she didn't mean pre-order and she was adamant the could get them from the warehouse from the 30th.

Gordon
    Ill have �415 at least on the 1st (the 29th is my 18th birthday so I *hopefully* will get some money from that) so I hope this is true, and hopefully the price will be quite fair and I will be able to buy one straight away! My best friend has the money right now to buy one outright and we're both going to try and get the best deal on the best network but PAYG
    01-25-13 12:37 PM

Gordon
    hmm that sounds a little dubious, when a phone launches a store gets an inital delivery, there is no ability for the store to actually order a device from the warehouse like that, basicallly you have a min and max ammount, your inital delivery puts you at the max, then when you hit the min ammount the warehouse replenishes. (i used to work at vf, although this is a widely used stocking practice). Now you can order over the phone and get the device delivered to store for pickup, but there would be a 1 day lag in that for delivery.

the bigger challenge is this though. BB10 will be announced at 3pm UK time, the announcement will last something like an hour, so that gives most vodafone stores between 1 and a half to 2 hours of sale time, which doesnt sound right and is nothing i ever experienced when there.
    01-25-13 12:47 PM
    just had this convo with vodafone online, thought id post all of it for context. i played the `average dont reallly know anything` consumer to see what they are telling everyone, note that i didnt tell them iv had a dev alpha since may haha

The Furbz and sarahrich like this.
    01-25-13 01:19 PM
    just had this convo with vodafone online, thought id post all of it for context. i played the `average dont reallly know anything` consumer to see what they are telling everyone, note that i didnt tell them iv had a dev alpha since may haha

http://bbthemes.co.uk/crackberry/z10.png
    seems like every store and online person is saying something different, ill pop in tomorrow to Carphone Warehouse and Phones 4 U in my town but I doubt they will know or that they will even stock them as they are so small and my town is so rubbish. Ill revist them on wednesday too after 3pm and have a look ;p
    01-25-13 02:05 PM
    not that i wanna make anyone jealous, but stephen fry already has one! he tweeted earlier. sooo jealous lol
    01-25-13 02:44 PM
    I'm hoping it's �350-400, otherwise I may consider a contract.
    01-25-13 02:52 PM
    I'm hoping it's �350-400, otherwise I may consider a contract.
    I'm hoping for this price range but can't afford a contract because I don't make enough all the time to not have to not worry about there being enough in my bank to pay the contract, but I have the money saved for sim-free.
    01-25-13 04:37 PM
    I'm guessing it will be in the �449-�479 price range at launch simfree

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    01-25-13 05:18 PM
    not that i wanna make anyone jealous, but stephen fry already has one! he tweeted earlier. sooo jealous lol
    Such a clever piece of marketing. 5.5 million followers and known to be a complete Apple fiend. And he praises BB10. Excellent work RIM.
    01-25-13 06:32 PM
    They'd be mad to not give him one. A gaszillion twitter followers. I think they must be targeting pro-RIM mega twitterers.
    01-25-13 06:49 PM
    Hmm need to call my hook up 2moro see the situation if he can sort me out.
    01-25-13 08:49 PM
    hmm that sounds a little dubious, when a phone launches a store gets an inital delivery, there is no ability for the store to actually order a device from the warehouse like that, basicallly you have a min and max ammount, your inital delivery puts you at the max, then when you hit the min ammount the warehouse replenishes. (i used to work at vf, although this is a widely used stocking practice). Now you can order over the phone and get the device delivered to store for pickup, but there would be a 1 day lag in that for delivery.

the bigger challenge is this though. BB10 will be announced at 3pm UK time, the announcement will last something like an hour, so that gives most vodafone stores between 1 and a half to 2 hours of sale time, which doesnt sound right and is nothing i ever experienced when there.
    Can't disagree with any of that! It is a smallish store, it could be that if there is a short supply they are focusing on the stores in areas with high business sales, and they will supply on demand to the others.
    Your point on time is well made, only thing I can think of is that they want to be able to say "Z10 on sale in 5... 4...3....2...1... NOW" at the launch or similar.

I hope the conversation at least supports the view that it will be on the streets within days of the announcement not weeks.

Gordon
    01-26-13 07:20 AM
    just spoke with a sales guy in my local cpw. seemed to think it would be priced at �449, that it will be available to order a couple of days after the 30th and that they will have stock instore 2 weeks after the 30th
    01-26-13 07:44 AM
    They'd be mad to not give him one. A gaszillion twitter followers. I think they must be targeting pro-RIM mega twitterers.
    In his case, he has generally always been pro-Apple and that is probably more indicative of targeting somebody like him, winning over the doubters as well as the fanboys.
    01-26-13 07:56 AM
    Just popped in Local Voda shop.

They (aswell as their twitter and phone team) are adment they will be processing orders from 31st - but stores won't have stock until the friday (1st) or the week following.
    01-26-13 09:09 AM
    Looks like they are getting around, Jonathan Ross has one, and likes it! He has created quite a stir with people claiming he has been paid to tweet good things!

Gordon
    01-26-13 09:10 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 priced at �480 unlocked by purported Carphone Warehouse database leak

�480 unlocked for a white one from cpw makes it �30 cheaper than a 16Gb iphone5 and �20 cheaper than a SGS3
    01-26-13 09:38 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 priced at �480 unlocked by purported Carphone Warehouse database leak

�480 unlocked for a white one from cpw makes it �30 cheaper than a 16Gb iphone5 and �20 cheaper than a SGS3
    �30 cheaper than an iPhone5 isn't sustainable. Leave it a few weeks and reality will set in. At launch it is shiny and new and RIM will milk early adopters.
    01-26-13 10:09 AM

No one's going to blow my trumpet so I'll have to do it myself. I called that price days ago. Chech the posts in this thread if you doubt me.
    01-26-13 10:11 AM
    �30 cheaper than an iPhone5 isn't sustainable. Leave it a few weeks and reality will set in. At launch it is shiny and new and RIM will milk early adopters.
    thats why most people buy them on contracts. theres generally a better deal to be had on contract than outright, thats the way its always been so evaluating off a sim free price (which is cheaper than the competition anyways) isnt judging on how most of the market will buy it
    01-26-13 10:19 AM
169 1234 ...