I decided to pay for the Verizon Visual Voice Mail... I got a missed call, and they left me a voice mail...

I went to my hub, and clicked the notification of the contact with the Voice Mail Icon. I believe it opened the Phone app.

So, then I clicked the contact again, with the voice mail icon... It tried to call the contact... Whoops

UI Fail...

After I hung up I was back on the phone menu. I saw the voice mail icon above the contact... Like a quick dial... I expected it to launch into my Visual Voice mail app... Instead it started to call my Voice Mail number..

UI Fail...

Finally, I went into the HUB, and went directly to the "Visual Voice Mail" HUB... Then I clicked the voice mail, and it worked...

So, who else has run into these poor visual cues, and poor Visual Voice Mail integration with the Z10... When I setup up Visual Voice Mail (and charged for that matter) I expect all the old voice mail garbage to be disabled... Who wants to call their Voice Mail number when they are paying for Visual Voice Mail? Also why in the world is there no easy link from the phone app to Visual Voice Mail... It feels like Visual Voice mail was a after thought...

But their biggest blunder is stuffing a Voice Mail icon on the contact that left one, in the phone app. It makes the user think "If I click that, I will get to listen to their Voice Mail".... STUPID! I am a Software Engineer, and I bet you $$$ that a designer told them to do this... I bet the Software Engineer told them "hey, you know the user will think to click that icon for that voice mail, instead of calling the contact"...

What were the UI designers thinking?
    04-08-13 07:07 PM
    I wondered the same thing

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 08:39 PM
    Lol, I am glad I am not the only one!
    04-08-13 08:59 PM
    I figured it out. There is a little arrow to the right, that if pressed, will expand an option to play the voice mail. Clever I suppose, but a little too clever for me.

I still get confused by the voice mail icon for the contact. Icons should give you a visual queue as what is the next action.

May I suggest that the arrow to the right and the voice mail icon merge together. That way there is little confusion.

I also think I should be able to remove the speed dial for the Voice Mail. That is also confusing if you have visual voice mail.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 08:24 PM
    This must be an issues with just you all, athough I am on AT&T I have never had this issue. I deleted the speed dial for the voice mail as it does what it's suppose to, call the voice mail system. One you set up the vvm the icons show up in the hub. A simple tap and it opens up to hear the voice mail simple, not a UI fail.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-09-13 08:53 PM
    I decided to pay for the Verizon Visual Voice Mail... I got a missed call, and they left me a voice mail...

I went to my hub, and clicked the notification of the contact with the Voice Mail Icon. I believe it opened the Phone app.

So, then I clicked the contact again, with the voice mail icon... It tried to call the contact... Whoops

UI Fail...

After I hung up I was back on the phone menu. I saw the voice mail icon above the contact... Like a quick dial... I expected it to launch into my Visual Voice mail app... Instead it started to call my Voice Mail number..

UI Fail...

Finally, I went into the HUB, and went directly to the "Visual Voice Mail" HUB... Then I clicked the voice mail, and it worked...

So, who else has run into these poor visual cues, and poor Visual Voice Mail integration with the Z10... When I setup up Visual Voice Mail (and charged for that matter) I expect all the old voice mail garbage to be disabled... Who wants to call their Voice Mail number when they are paying for Visual Voice Mail? Also why in the world is there no easy link from the phone app to Visual Voice Mail... It feels like Visual Voice mail was a after thought...

But their biggest blunder is stuffing a Voice Mail icon on the contact that left one, in the phone app. It makes the user think "If I click that, I will get to listen to their Voice Mail".... STUPID! I am a Software Engineer, and I bet you $$$ that a designer told them to do this... I bet the Software Engineer told them "hey, you know the user will think to click that icon for that voice mail, instead of calling the contact"...

What were the UI designers thinking?
    I'm on Rogers(Canada) and my visual voicemail come to me as a separate text message

Posted with BlackBerry Z10
    04-09-13 09:00 PM