Ok, so I hope this is due to me doing something wrong BUT I need some help with the backup and sync features of Box and Dropbox.

I have an account in both. What I am trying to do is to have all the photos and video I take with my BB10 automatically back-up/sync with Box and/or Dropbox.

The photos and videos I take all are recorded onto my micro SDcard.

So in Box, I see in the set-up screen there is the backup area where I can turn on the backup for Pictures and Video. I then swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal the sync now icon and click that to start the sync. NOTHING. I use the file manager to go into my account and see none of my pictures or video saved in BOX. THEN I try copying the camera folder from the sd card and place it manually into my Box account (thinking maybe it needs to be there first) and sync again. Nothing as well.

Tried the same procedure above with Dropbox an net the same results. Using the Sync now icon within Box and Dropbox does not seem to upload anything.

Can someone kindly give me some direction on this? I would really appreciate having the ability to OTA back-up my pics and vids from my BB to Box and/or Dropbox.

Thanks
    02-17-13 11:20 PM
    I'm having the same issue with Box. I've just tried copy and pasting my camera folder to Dropbox and that seems to be working though.
    02-19-13 05:37 AM
    When I said seems to be working, it actually got stuck after 250 or so files (there were over a thousand pictures in the folder I was trying to transfer). Does anyone know which folders these apps look in for video and pictures? Is there anyway to change that?
    02-19-13 11:31 AM
    I believe from BB10 --> BOX it only looks at new pictures

Anything existing will not transfer
    simonfa likes this.
    02-19-13 12:06 PM
    ^ what s/he said

it only looks at what is added to those folders after the sync settings have been made.

an issue i ran into over the weekend was a lack of network coverage then due to the sheer volume of pictures i took while i was out of coverage it failed to sync a bunch of my pictures
    02-19-13 12:15 PM
    I believe from BB10 --> BOX it only looks at new pictures

Anything existing will not transfer
    This does appear to be true. I took a photo, loaded Box back up and now it's backed up that photo.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 12:51 PM