Two different types of micro SIM cards
I have two micro SIM cards from two different providers. The SIM card with teh big chip is from Asia, the other one is from UK. I am puzzled that the size of the chip is so different for the same type of micro SIM cards. Does anyone know if there are many different types of micro SIM cards, or if it is just that one of them in an older generation compared to the other?
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-21-2013, 10:36 AM #2
- 215 Posts
One should be with NFC and the other without.
Posted from the CB App on my White Zed 10This message was most likely posted from my PlayBook LTE, or my White Zed 10, or perhaps my HP laptop on my 10's wifi hotspot. Point is, BlackBerry played a part in this message!!
- CrackBerry Genius
02-21-2013, 10:40 AM #4
- 2,558 Posts
The one from Asia well who knows why it is bigger as maybe due to carriers over there not sure.New Phone: Blackberry Z10, Old Phones: Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4, Iphone 3gs, Unlocked Bold 9000.
New LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1088. Mobile Network is Rogers
"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
Thanks for the replies. There is no NFC in any if them. Maybe just different types of cars. Indeed, then big one can't be cut down to nano size so that is clearly one restriction on the big card already
Posted via CB10
- By jlevita82 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 4Last Post: 12-03-2008, 09:54 AM
- By azim_lovely99 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 1Last Post: 09-13-2008, 07:49 AM
- By unith in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 3Last Post: 08-03-2008, 08:53 PM
- By vio10 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 06-15-2008, 11:40 PM
- By curveoncracke in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 06-04-2008, 09:31 PM